Birmingham City (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Roos

Bogle        Keogh         Clarke         Lowe

Bielik

Holmes               Knight

Waghorn       Marriott    Lawrence 

As much as I think this is the way to go, easily a place for Hamer instead of Roos, Bielik has to play like the Cardiff game to keep his place, I’m not giving up on Dowell, he could come in for Knight or Holmes (who like Bielik had a shocker against Leeds), and Martin, Paterson and Bennett are all pushing starts - Marriott and Lawrence need to deliver.

We have a good defence on paper and a good forward line - we need that midfield balance!

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Roos

Bogle        Keogh         Clarke         Lowe

Bielik

Holmes               Knight

Waghorn       Marriott    Lawrence 

As much as I think this is the way to go, easily a place for Hamer instead of Roos, Bielik has to play like the Cardiff game to keep his place, I’m not giving up on Dowell, he could come in for Knight or Holmes (who like Bielik had a shocker against Leeds), and Martin, Paterson and Bennett are all pushing starts - Marriott and Lawrence need to deliver.

We have a good defence on paper and a good forward line - we need that midfield balance!

Lawrence ? You must be taking the p1$$ ! 

The last thing Lawrence needs everybody having a go at him. Look losing a loved one such as his mum even my self losing people I care about sometimes it takes a lot of effiort to get out of bed. So trust me when I say this he needs supporting like rest of the team does.

For me kellie roos keeps his place as was not for him against leeds Derby would lost that by a long way with hammer in goal.

I would have chris martin and Marriott upfront sitting behind them homes so he can make a three upfront at times.

I would have Mason Bennett possible with james Paterson

Ex gunners player still cant spell his name right.

Same back 3.

I know this side seems attacking but best form of defance is to attack them.

Hamer

Bogle         Keogh        Clarke       Malone

Bielik

Waghorn      Holmes      Paterson

Martin      Marriott

Bench: Roos / Davies / Lowe / Hudds / Knight / Dowell / Lawrence.

Need a win desperately, people saying its only September need to remember that we have only won once this season and no league wins in 8 which is V bad. Im away this Saturday so that means we will win and everything will click ;). 

I keep hoping that were going to find our rhythm and start winning games but i dont see any style of football or game plan progressing. We dont press as a team, we can look lazy and uninterested our passing out from the back is sideways, slow and dangerous. we have no threat in front of goal and the team is so inconsistent you still cant name your best 11. I think we will struggle tbh. you dont go from very very poor v Leeds for 85 mins to then suddenly clicking and winning 5 in a row. I dont think we will have any stability until January and thats if Mel lets us spend. 

Hey guys we need to win on saturday as need to try hit ground running after the draw to leeds. Derby need to win that battle in midfield we need to appel preasure early on we need turn them over get some shots on goal. But I feel win need chris martin and Marriott starting togather as front two we need to keep ball and something martin can do very well.

In light of recent events, this is the team i'd field:

Roos

Bogle      Bielik    Clarke      Lowe

Huddlestone     Dowell

Holmes     Martin    Paterson

Marriott

I'd quite like us to try what Jim Smith did with Sturbridge, Wanchope and Baiano. 

Play the 3 strikers and get your width from the full backs.

Hamer

Bogle. Davies. Clarke. Lowe.

Bielik

Dowell.    Holmes

Waghorn. Martin. Marriott. 

14 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

In light of recent events, this is the team i'd field:

Roos

Bogle      Bielik    Clarke      Lowe

Huddlestone     Dowell

Holmes     Martin    Paterson

Marriott

That defensive mid and centre back line makes me want to cry... but I fear we won’t have much choice 

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That defensive mid and centre back line makes me want to cry... but I fear we won’t have much choice 

While not a settled combo yet, both Bielik and Clarke are talented enough to be decent together at this level. Without Keogh's antics, i'd obviously have him and Clarke at CB with Bielik as a CDM but not sure how long he'll be out, doubt fractured knees heal super quickly. 

The reason that team would make me sort of optimistic is Martin's presence changes the tactics massively. Suddenly there's a player in the final 3rd that can hold the ball up and bring others into play. Marriott running off him could be lethal and the endeavor of Holmes and Paterson either side would make them a nuisance. The point of that system is to get it into the final 3rd (Martin's feet) as quickly as possible rather than passing it around the defence for 10 passes before lumping it long and hoping the striker gets on the end somehow; more fluid build up play means hopefully less pressure on the defence (usually created by ourselves anyway)

Archived