SBW Meets: Paulo Wanchope

Morning all, something for the (international) weekend:

Derby County's cult hero Costa Rican joined us for a nostalgic chat in our latest interview special. Wanchope, who scored 28 Rams goals in all competitions, explained how he nearly became a pro basketball player before coming to England, his fiery relationship with Jim Smith, his favourite Derby teammate, and ofcourse *that* Old Trafford debut goal.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Controversially I would say that if you actually watch the goal again, it’s not that amazing..It is a nice goal but all he does is run down the middle and beat Phil Neville (I think that is the person he bear) I would say rather than being amazing forward play It is terrible defending. 

He scores loads better goals than that for us. 

29 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Controversially I would say that if you actually watch the goal again, it’s not that amazing..It is a nice goal but all he does is run down the middle and beat Phil Neville (I think that is the person he bear) I would say rather than being amazing forward play It is terrible defending. 

get out GIF

31 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

*shock!

56 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

We did have this conversation with Wanchope in the interview. I said I preferred the one he scored against Man Utd the next season, he prefers the first one. Game of opinions.

On 09/09/2019 at 13:17, Steve Bloomer's Washing said:

We did have this conversation with Wanchope in the interview. I said I preferred the one he scored against Man Utd the next season, he prefers the first one. Game of opinions.

Yep the one the next season was better, the one against the victims was also much better. Gary Neville must wake up in cold sweats dreaming of Wanchope he always tipped him to pieces. 

Archived