Mason Bennett

Sam_DCFC_1994

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, KCG said:

If Bennett is the answer someone is asking the wrong question!

How do we get an affordable, decent, hardworking backup option who can play anywhere across the front 3 and gives us something a bit different to our other forwards?

6 hours ago, SaintRam said:

My question is - why do we need to realise that? Say we all do have a sudden epiphany and see the world in Adam’s crystal-clear vision, what does that achieve? 

I’ve seen several tweets and posts about him which seem to imply that he’s only picked by a collective inability from the fans to treat him with the contempt he deserves. As if it’s not the managers who select him - rather, it’s the fans that purely will him to be selected. 

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

How do we get an affordable, decent, hardworking backup option who can play anywhere across the front 3 and gives us something a bit different to our other forwards?

My dog would be free, he is hardworking and offers something different.....and would score more than 4 goals in 100+ appearances im sure!

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

My dog would be free, he is hardworking and offers something different.....and would score more than 4 goals in 100+ appearances im sure!

Cool - Just run that past 3+ professional football managers would you please?

I feel like we're finally out the other end of the Keogh bashing and those people have moved on to Lawrence and Bennett

Fine, get rid of Bennett and play who as cover exactly? I'll remind you our efforts to fill those gaps this summer left us with Dowell and Paterson. It is stupid to focus on a low wage (relatively) player who can cover several positions when there's hardly an array of superstars vying for those places in the team.

40 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Over the past 10 seasons we have seen clubs come from well below us, even from a lower division, and sail past us into the Premier, because we have had a small club mentality. I think Mel is trying to change that, but players like Bennett still reinforce the belief that we haven't moved on.

It's hard not to have a soft spot for Mason. Same for Jake Buxton really.

Unlike Mason, Jake has found his level and is a very decent 'Third Division' pro.

The Sheff Utd on/off transfer under NC didn't help Mason to be fair. It wasn't a good outcome for him or either club.

He deserves a long stint in a decent, mid-table, well-supported 'Div 2' team. This would enable him, like Jake to look back over what I hope will be  long career when he hangs up his boots as a mid-30 year old.

He is an honest pro who deserves to be appreciated for his effort, energy and generally decent footballing ability.

and like Jake, if he does make such a move he'd have his name chanted with fondness for many years at PP

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Cool - Just run that past 3+ professional football managers would you please?

I feel like we're finally out the other end of the Keogh bashing and those people have moved on to Lawrence and Bennett

You can’t think of anyone at all that has played professional football and you thought was no good then......? No.? 

No-one is doubting Bennetts attitude, his wanting to do well. What is being doubted is his ability - why can't that be discussed? Don't think he's gonna make anything of himself as a pro footballer without being somewhere he can play all game, most games and I can't see that being here.

The main thing wrong about that tweet was tagging him, have your own opinion but to openly address him was never going to have a nice result.

That being said, the relationship between players and fans is noticeably strained/distant this year. Yes, you could say it's the players reactions to negativity from the fans, but I'd argue some blame has to lie with them.

Part of the reason I loved having Mount and Tomori last season (apart from the obvious) was the way they interacted on social media with the fans, replying to comments, even just liking them as opposed to only answering their team mates and celebrities. Of course they are not obliged to talk to the common man but it shows humility and a down to earth attitude that makes football not feel so business like and like the fans are on the outside looking in. 

Maybe by mixing up the interviews with them, getting to know the players in informal ways etc will help to unite everyone again I'm not sure. Just a shame that Lawrence has only piped up to a negative comment rather than the many positive ones on twitter.

3 minutes ago, goldstar said:

That being said, the relationship between players and fans is noticeably strained/distant this year.

I know, really disappointing considering how united the club was last season. Some of that was down to the lampard effect though. But still we should be looking to build on the feel good factor and everything we achieved last season, not going backwards.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No-one is doubting Bennetts attitude, his wanting to do well. What is being doubted is his ability - why can't that be discussed? Don't think he's gonna make anything of himself as a pro footballer without being somewhere he can play all game, most games and I can't see that being here.

Clearly it can be given you've just offered an opinion. I've not seen a single post suggesting people shouldn't discuss the lad anyway!

That notwithstanding, I think some of the Twatter comments about the lad are a fookin disgrace. 

8 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I know, really disappointing considering how united the club was last season. Some of that was down to the lampard effect though. But still we should be looking to build on the feel good factor and everything we achieved last season, not going backwards.

True, that sums it up really, seems like a step backwards so far.

Archived