Loan watch 2019/20

Carl Sagan

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/10/2019 at 12:51, Ghost of Clough said:

Congratulations to Max Hunt!

Tell you now, and I'll eat my socks if I'm wrong, in 2 years time he will be in our first team. I am sure of it. He's what we need and once hes got more experience he will excel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, angieram said:

Good interview with Max Hunt on the Shots website after their 3-1 win today; Max got an assist.

Possibly his last game on loan on Saturday but not decided yet.

https://www.theshots.co.uk/shots-tv/max-hunt-post-match-eastleigh-fc-h/

Making a man of him I'd say, very mature interview.

I don't understand people who think this loan sums up his potential, he's down there playing with players who need the win bonuses to make ends meet, and he's played every game virtually since his move, it's a better proving ground than the U-23's imo, especially for a centre back.

I would like to see him return, even if just for a week's training with the first team, let Cocu and his team judge how far he's progressed, then if need be loan him out again.

Preferably to the same club, he seems well settled there and playing regularly, and there's not much difference between that level and League's 1&2.

20 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Making a man of him I'd say, very mature interview.

I don't understand people who think this loan sums up his potential, he's down there playing with players who need the win bonuses to make ends meet, and he's played every game virtually since his move, it's a better proving ground than the U-23's imo, especially for a centre back.

I would like to see him return, even if just for a week's training with the first team, let Cocu and his team judge how far he's progressed, then if need be loan him out again.

Preferably to the same club, he seems well settled there and playing regularly, and there's not much difference between that level and League's 1&2.

Pretty sure Luke Thomas’ first loan was to a similar if not lower level as well

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, angieram said:

Jono saved the penalty when Macclesfield were 1 - 0 down. Macclesfield went on to win 2 - 1. 

Happy for him, never once let the U23 side down and actually looked a confident, commanding and assured keeper at that level, always talking to the defenders and never hiding from responsibility.

He just strikes me as someone who deserves a decent career as a pro. It's easy to forget that even lower league two players, or part timers in non-league are actually far better footballers than the average fan gives them credit for.

With no Derby game my lad and I went along to the Moss Rose to watch Macc - financially they are in a real mess, ironic in some ways when you consider Rooney lives 3 miles away in a £20m mansion. Thought Mitchell did well aside from the penalty save and wasn't at fault for the Forest Green goal.

Macc's winner was an absolutely stunning strike if you get chance to see it.

Archived