Loan watch 2019/20

Carl Sagan

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Did any of our youngsters, or indeed Chris Martin, go out on loan today?

Doesn't look that way but I believe the window is open until midnight north of the Wall, so Scottish international Super Chrissy Martin could still end up with the Wildlings. When I started the thread Calum McDonald was out on loan (Carson too) but McDonald's move was apparently a precursor to a permanent deal that's now happened.

In better loan news, Max Hunt played the full match in a 1-2 away win for Aldershot at Stockport.

According to the Aldershot forum https://www.shotsweb.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50049

"Max Hunt a ******* rock today"

"Spot on mate my MOM"

"The loan signings have all made an impact, so well done to Danny for bringing them in, and to Shahid and the board for providing the funds for this to happen."

"Well that was as good a Shots performance as I have seen in the last few years."

"Chislett, Powell and Hunt outstanding.
Hunt man of the match for me.
Brilliant team performance well done lads"

Sounds as if big Max had an impressive game. Aldershot are near the foot of the National League and Stockport near the top. Next up is away at Barnet on Tuesday.

Great to see George Thorne get 20 minutes off the bench in Oxford's 0-6 win at Luton yesterday. They're playing West Ham in the League Cup Wednesday - maybe the opportunity of more game time in quick succession?

Max Hunt again played the full game for Aldershot, winning 1-0 at home to Wrexham, scoring in injury time. So a clean sheet for Max.

• "Hunt and KLF, solid enough at the back."
  • "Hunt and Powell made real impacts. Hunt is a traditional no-nonsense centre half."
  • "Chislett rightly man of the match but I was also really impressed with Hunt at the back. I don’t think he missed a header all game."

His loan is officially only for this month and was because the two first-choice centre halves had injuries. Wonder if it'll be extended.

Archived