Bielik: Defender or Midfielder?

RamLad1884

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the limited play so far.....central defender

but we may have a greater need at defensive mid

maybe a very defensive playmaker results in us sitting too deep though?

I have massive hopes for this guy and really don't wish to slate our players; but has anyone else noticed there's been a few occasions he's switched off and just let the opposition drift by, showing no real urgency to get the ball back?

I'm putting it purely down to a lack of match fitness and hopefully playing in midfield will resolve it naturally but i must admit it does concern me a little at the minute.

55 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Also said AC Milan was apparently after him but nothing came of it.

Don't mean to sound negative but it seems he really isn't that bothered about being here at the moment. ?

I'm hoping his comments are ambition and he wants to get to the top with or without us by playing well. You'd expect that to have made it this far as a professional footballer he's got more drive than you or me

He is playing at CB but will play DCM by the end of Oct and here is why.

1. You can play within yourself at CB if you are not fully match sharp but that Is more difficult at DCM. 

2. As Buchanan is very inexperienced he (even when only 90% fit) is more mobile than Clarke and better placed to help a novice LB. 

When Bogle is back and Lowe establishes back at LB then and KB is fitter he will move to DCM and not until.   

I know a Charlton fan from work and he says the general opinion there was that he tended to switch off or take the odd risk too many when he played at the back so they thought he was much more effective as a defensive midfielder, he really rated him in that position but not so much in defence. Though I dont think he went to too many games, just from TV and from what others had said on the forums.

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Think we will be seeing him at CDM after the break

Yeah deffo, not much pace, but very cultured and laid back on the ball, dare I say looking similar in build and style to the George Thorne from the Mac1 days, just need to surround him with fast players

1 hour ago, philmycocu said:

Yeah deffo, not much pace, but very cultured and laid back on the ball, dare I say looking similar in build and style to the George Thorne from the Mac1 days, just need to surround him with fast players

Watched the second half, so comfortable with the football. Didn’t look out of place at all vs a good Austria side

I watched the Poland game, it was a good game for a 0.0. Bielik was excellent, Poland were under the Cosh and bielik handled it well. Cocu needs to start him in midfield, I don’t want to hear this Nonsense about fitness after his performance tonight.

Archived