Bielik: Defender or Midfielder?

RamLad1884

Reminds me a lot of the George Thorne we got on loan, only better in the air. Could boss a midfield by himself. Composed, strong in the tackle, good eye for a pass. Been a long time since I have been that impressed with a Derby player. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Cocu said after the game that he played him CB as it was an easier position for him to get minutes in his legs. He was only meant to play 60 minutes and asked to finish the game. 

I personally think it would've done him the world of good, although I think we may see him have to wait to Bristol at home to start his first league game. I fancy him to be on the bench for Saturday. 

I'm with you and I think towards the start of the game yesterday you could see why he's being phased in because he looked a bit rusty. 

Definately talented and I'm immensely looking forward to seeing him play more but I'm glad we are taking time to introduce him when he is ready.

What about playing 3 Centre backs, letting the fullbacks spend more time doing what they do best, going forward. 

This takes away the need for out and out wingers, giving our forwards flexibility to roam and play 2 up front in the middle. 

7 minutes ago, ram59 said:

What about playing 3 Centre backs, letting the fullbacks spend more time doing what they do best, going forward. 

This takes away the need for out and out wingers, giving our forwards flexibility to roam and play 2 up front in the middle. 

Bielik would be wasted as a CB

56 minutes ago, Norman said:

Bielik would be wasted as a CB

Totally Agree....I actually think Bielik has a major chance to be a legend at our club.....He's only 21 is certainly future captain material, I know he's only played one game against league 2 oppostion but he just plays with authority and think he's a major signing for us and can play in two positions....just hope he stays fit but agree DM is where he'll be needed more as we have two good CB's in Keogh and Clarke

1 hour ago, lukedcfc said:

Do Arsenal have a buy back clause? I have no doubts that scouts will be keeping a close eye on him, he will be a great buy if he stays fit. 

Can't see any instances where arsenal have used a buy back clause, whether that means they don't use them or just never enforce them I'm not sure. 

If he was on European clubs radar already its not gonna stop now he's here. 

11 hours ago, TibshelfRam said:

No. We're allowed the Tom Lawrence's of this world.

Don't get me started on really short fans. They've only got Duane Holmes.

Oh, to be tall.

Duanes my hero lol But seriously last nigh on Extra Time Shane Nicholson compared him to Igor only more so I hope hes right. 

Can’t wait for him to get in the team regularly. I think CDM as really impressed with the Keogh Clarke partnership. We could go with two attacking midfielders alongside him but I agree with @brady1993 don’t rule out Huddlestone, with Bielik in the team he wouldn’t need to be last line of defence, he could play further forward as he’s an incredibly intelligent footballer, could be a target for the likes of knight and Dowell to play give and go with and still has an incredible passing range. 

But personally, much as I like  Huddlestone a midfield of Bielik Dowell and Holmes/Knight would be very dynamic and exciting to watch.

I cannot remember a Derby player on debut spraying the ball around like Bielik. So gifted, so confident. He has got the right management team at the Rams to be certain to improve. Potential legend in the making. Two players for the price of one. CH and midfield. Perfect combination for tight games. I still cannot pick my best eleven but Bielik is likely to be in it in two weeks. Not sure Dowell is better than Holmes. If Roos gets injured.he may struggle to get back in. Hamer looks like he.may be another astute signing. Only Leeds, Cardiff, WBA and Fulham to beat this year, I think. Top two is a possibility with Marriott and Waghorn needing to have excellent seasons up till xmas. Rooney should make all the difference but I would not be surprised if we sign another striker. We need to set up for Marriott not just put him in as a replacement for Waghorn in a team set up for Waghorn. I would leave Waghorn out at Stoke or put him on the wing.  Lawrence is a potential game winner but he needs three good games out of every four to convince me that he is the answer. Someone playing not as well but consistently may even be more effective. Malone also needs to improve to stay in the team. Cocu signings at Xmas will address these issues. Knight looks like a Premiership player in the making. The U18s will probably be more adaptable to Cocu ideas than the others and could form the basis of a great Rams Premiership side in two or three years time.

13 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Interesting today in the pre game interview Bielik has said he's a better CB than midfielder but he's being trained up for both positions. 

Makes me think maybe Cocu is trialing 3 at the back in training for the odd tactical switch up? 

I didn't get that indication? He said that he has to think more at CB and he cant express himself as much as he has to sit in formation. He went on to say the in midfield he can do more of the stuff which excites him which is to dribble and bring the ball out and play. He will play DM.

On 15/08/2019 at 20:57, RamLad1884 said:

Interesting today in the pre game interview Bielik has said he's a better CB than midfielder but he's being trained up for both positions. 

Makes me think maybe Cocu is trialing 3 at the back in training for the odd tactical switch up? 

Called it ?

On 14/08/2019 at 11:59, Marriott Ram99 said:

Definitely a midfielder primarily, that's where I can see him playing most of his games for us with Clarke and Keogh being such a solid partnership, and Huddlestone being one of the weak links in the team due to his lack of mobility and physical  presence, I can see Bielik playing there on Saturday.

Yes that seems most likely, but great to have a player with such physical presence also able to play CB, if necessary. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived