Jamie Paterson - loan cancelled

inter politics

5 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

You might not (I don't either) but I can see a lot of people clearly do, just look at the reaction so far, not exactly gone down well has it?

How do you think those people would treat him and do you think that's a good idea for bringing a fan base together?

I don’t think it would go down that badly. Twitter is just being Twitter.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

You might not (I don't either) but I can see a lot of people clearly do, just look at the reaction so far, not exactly gone down well has it?

How do you think those people would treat him and do you think that's a good idea for bringing a fan base together?

Are they really Derby supporters then, a true supporter gets behind the team and gives them wholehearted support whoever they sign

1 minute ago, whiteroseram said:

I'm in an airport lounge with not great WiFi... Can someone update me about the 7 different wingers we've tried to sign? Any confirmed not happening and any looking possible? 

Ibe confirmed no , paterson and Sinclair are the only rumours that haven't been denied so far I believe 

He’s a player who in my mind; if he goes through one on one, I’d expect him to finish it. We’ve got a couple players in that position who I’d expect to fall over their own feet. 

I think if Cocu agrees to him and the terms are right then it’ll probably be a steady signing. 

We need to create something where the team is greater than the individuals and there’s no doubting that Dawkins and Russell were not everyone’s cup of tea, but in that team that did well under Mac1 they were pivotal. 

Im not arsed if we sign him or not but will give him my full backing and not be a petulant little snowflake and give him grief because an ex forest player said he didn’t like Derby once ? grown men getting worked up about that is embarrassing by the way haha. 

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Im not arsed if we sign him or not but will give him my full backing and not be a petulant little snowflake and give him grief because an ex forest player said he didn’t like Derby once ? grown men getting worked up about that is embarrassing by the way haha. 

Not really. He seems a bit of a 'snowflake' as you put it himself tbh. In any case, it seems a reasonable expectation that players we recruit should actually want to play for the club and while I don't agree with folk queing up to give him abuse, I'd rather we just pass and find someone with more ability and a will to do well for Derby. If that's embarrassing so be it but that's the way I see it.

It's all part of the masterplan to get everyone off of Lawrence and Jozefzoon's backs by signing a former Red Dog that says he doesn't like us so the boo boys have someone else to give stick to instead.

Averaged 5 goals and 5 assists a season over the past 4 seasons, mostly as a squad player... 1 goal contribution every 224 mins. 1 every 207 mins of Championship football since he moved from Walsall in 2013.

For comparison, Lawrence has had 1 goal contribution every 258 mins in the same time period.

A decent player and better than any wide player we have. If he's the best option available in this window and it improves the starting eleven then I'm ok with that. The fact that he's played for that ragbag of a team down the road doesn't make a scrap of difference to me.

I'd take Paterson, I always have him down as a threat when he plays against us.

On a side note I've just looked down the list of done deals and I don't see many of our rivals doing much business that particularly bothers me.

In fact there's only WBA who's done much of note and that's to bring in Charlie Austin, but we didn't need another forward anyway.

Why so many bed wetters, presumably due to the school holidays?

4 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

If we can give Robbie Savage a chance, we can definitely give this chap our full backing.

Robbie Savage should never have been allowed in the City never mind the club. Total bell-end and worst signing we've ever made.

5 minutes ago, admira said:

Looking increasingly like nowt will happen to me ...

Don't forget guys, we've drastically improved when it comes to keeping deals very quiet. I wouldn't be surprised to see a tweet at 5:15 announcing two new players. It's not based on when they're announced, it's based on what time they signed. DCFC could just keep it quiet and sneak them into the match day squad on Saturday if they wanted to. 

Archived