Stephen Pearce

RiddingsRam

A lot gets said about how shrewd if a businessman Mel is and if course , yes he is , he wouldn't be where he is today if not . I just feel off the pitch wise the club has just gone up and up and up since Sam Rush left and we got Stephen Pearce in. Both Frank and now Cocu have mentioned his name's in interviews . Seems as though he was key to the Rooney deal and u suspect he was key in our huge new 32red deal . Hats off to Mr Pearce .

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure Stephen Pearce will be honoured to have a topic on him at dcfcfans.uk, when he wakes up this morning will feel like he's hit the big time. 

Just remember the club isn't one or two people behind the scenes, there is a whole team that makes the club tick which Pearce is a part of.

I see it time and time again, Jody Morris receiving the praise for the academy performances as he was the academy manager at Chelsea, Kevin Phillips, ex striker, solely responsible for the lack of goals and one person behind all the sackings at the club ahem...

We saw when Frank left he was saying thanks to people that had fans Googling who their names were and what they did, player liaison officer, canteen staff etc.

Runs a bit deeper than just the one or two names that make it into the papers that's all, who knows who was the "brains" behind it, or found ways to navigate FFP, for all we know it could be the legal team studying the EFL rule book or the tea lady casually joking one morning sell the stadium to yourself Mel.

6 minutes ago, David said:

I'm sure Stephen Pearce will be honoured to have a topic on him at dcfcfans.uk, when he wakes up this morning will feel like he's hit the big time. 

Just remember the club isn't one or two people behind the scenes, there is a whole team that makes the club tick which Pearce is a part of.

I see it time and time again, Jody Morris receiving the praise for the academy performances as he was the academy manager at Chelsea, Kevin Phillips, ex striker, solely responsible for the lack of goals and one person behind all the sackings at the club ahem...

We saw when Frank left he was saying thanks to people that had fans Googling who their names were and what they did, player liaison officer, canteen staff etc.

Runs a bit deeper than just the one or two names that make it into the papers that's all, who knows who was the "brains" behind it, or found ways to navigate FFP, for all we know it could be the legal team studying the EFL rule book or the tea lady casually joking one morning sell the stadium to yourself Mel.

Something incredibly right at DCFC at the moment. Whole Club has increased its profile

Mel is just doing brilliant. Whole Club just inspires confidence at every level. You can measure how good an owner is by.looking at the people he appoints. Mel is building a Premiership Club to be reckoned with. Promotion is looking fairly inevitable at present whether this season or next

16 minutes ago, David said:

I'm sure he will David.  Just thought personally a lot of credit goes to Mel , deserved obviously. You can go around praising every member of staff for there sole input I know that but I feel as though Stephen Pearce is the brains behind a lot of the rec not off the field actions. We would be the first to jump on his back he was making bad decisions , he is our CEO so effectively running large parts of the club .

The CEO executes the will of the Board (which will include Mel). What we do not know from the outside is how much latitude the Board give the CEO. What decisions do they reserve for themselves? How much can the CEO spend without reference?

Its a collective effort, but i don't doubt for one moment that the recent efficient financial dealings were at least the idea of Stephen Pearce. It's very CFO like (which is what he was before he became CEO) to come up with a "business case" for how the Rooney deal could make money.

5 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

We would be the first to jump on his back he was making bad decisions

Just to pull this line out, you're right, which is why I think it's just as important to remember it's not just one person in the good times as well.

Was not looking to take any credit away from Stephen Pearce, reports suggest he was "baby-sitting" Wayne back to the UK, I have visions of him peeping at his phone activity from behind a sleep mask and not allowing the flight crew serving him any caffeinated drinks. 

Side note, Rooney must have been knackered yesterday with the jet lag, fair play to him getting the deal done in the day when he probably wanted to curl up in a hotel room.

It's the first Rooney press conference I've ever really absorbed, he's made out to be "thick", but to me those erms allow him the time to carefully choose his words. I get the feeling he's more intelligent than what people give him credit for and quite possibly a different person whilst the cameras aren't capturing every word to publish around the world. 

He’s CEO now, first one we’ve had since Rush was fired. Effectively means he’ll be running the show with mels money and negotiating all these dealsm transfers and managerial appointments etc. He’s certainly done bloody well to convince Rooney to come out of his semi retirement to play for little old us! Seems to have pulled a great deal with 32red which should help with ffp too and the risky move for Lampard turned out to be inspired. Let’s hope cocu does even better and finally takes us up! Pearce certainly seems to be doing a decent job, hopefully without the unknown stuff like we had under rush...

5 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

A lot gets said about how shrewd if a businessman Mel is and if course , yes he is , he wouldn't be where he is today if not . I just feel off the pitch wise the club has just gone up and up and up since Sam Rush left and we got Stephen Pearce in. Both Frank and now Cocu have mentioned his name's in interviews . Seems as though he was key to the Rooney deal and u suspect he was key in our huge new 32red deal . Hats off to Mr Pearce .

True but who employed him originally

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11696/11778998/wayne-rooney-his-shock-move-to-Derby-explained

"Derby's chief executive Stephen Pearce flew out to Washington on Friday to meet Rooney and his representatives - such was Derby's concern that they may miss out on him if another club came in to poach him.

Pearce was with Rooney's camp when a number of interested parties, both in England and abroad, called to try and begin negotiations, but Rooney remained steadfast in his desire to join Derby. Pearce "baby-sat" Rooney all the way to England and was with him almost constantly until the moment he signed the contract on Tuesday."

♥️

4 hours ago, HantsRam said:

The CEO executes the will of the Board (which will include Mel). What we do not know from the outside is how much latitude the Board give the CEO. What decisions do they reserve for themselves? How much can the CEO spend without reference?

Its a collective effort, but i don't doubt for one moment that the recent efficient financial dealings were at least the idea of Stephen Pearce. It's very CFO like (which is what he was before he became CEO) to come up with a "business case" for how the Rooney deal could make money.

Pearce is on the board as well....

But really impressed with this bloke. He also checks this forum (Well did do when he was the FD). I remember asking a question at the 'No Sausages event' and Stephen answered it. I joked he saw the Q on the forum and he nodded.

Really good guy for the club.

45 minutes ago, I Am Sheep said:

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11696/11778998/wayne-rooney-his-shock-move-to-Derby-explained

"Derby's chief executive Stephen Pearce flew out to Washington on Friday to meet Rooney and his representatives - such was Derby's concern that they may miss out on him if another club came in to poach him.

Pearce was with Rooney's camp when a number of interested parties, both in England and abroad, called to try and begin negotiations, but Rooney remained steadfast in his desire to join Derby. Pearce "baby-sat" Rooney all the way to England and was with him almost constantly until the moment he signed the contract on Tuesday."

♥️

straight out of the Brian Clough book of how to sign on players

5 hours ago, David said:

...or the tea lady casually joking one morning sell the stadium to yourself Mel.

Oh, wouldn't that be fantastic if that were true... and I would hope there was a nice bonus in her wage packet the following week, too!   :-)

25 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Shhh Pearce is one our best kept secrets, no coincidence that Mel has got pretty much every call right since he brought Pearce onboard. 

There is a reason all the other FL clubs voted him on to the EFL board.

7 hours ago, Rampage said:

Something incredibly right at DCFC at the moment. Whole Club has increased its profile

Mel is just doing brilliant. Whole Club just inspires confidence at every level. You can measure how good an owner is by.looking at the people he appoints. Mel is building a Premiership Club to be reckoned with. Promotion is looking fairly inevitable at present whether this season or next

That's put the kibosh on that for the next couple of years then ?

Archived