George Evans

JoeDerby

Just a little shout out for George Evans - I thought he was magnificent last night, like a new signing! looked comfortable on the ball and broke up play very well. Lots of options in defensive midfield now with Evans, Huddlestone, Shinnie and Bielik.

Still absolutely buzzing with last nights performance, I've never seen a Derby team so well set up!

Up the Rams !

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Totally agree. A few people in here seem to give him some stick but I thought he played very well. Battled, won his headers and played good balls

Looked like a different player to last year, so much more confident. Not watched it back on the TV yet but I was very impressed!

Spot on. Was impressed with all three in the middle. Initially was worried by the mobility but Evans was great. Huddz when given the ball to distribute is such a calming influence and Dowell had glimpses of what he can do (just keep him away from our peno box). 

36 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

Just a little shout out for George Evans - I thought he was magnificent last night, like a new signing! looked comfortable on the ball and broke up play very well. Lots of options in defensive midfield now with Evans, Huddlestone, Shinnie and Bielik.

Agreed - Good positioning to keep dropping back in and helping out the defence - A few great blocks and tackles - Good moving forward - Got on the ball and played some good passes with Dowell

I think that's exactly the player Lampard thought he was signing TBH

Agree, thought he was the underrated player last night. Won the ball back countless times, battled hard and recycled possession well. Given he was further forward than he’d naturally play, it was a very impressive performance. In that role we’ll need someone with a bit more clue in the final third (not Evans fault, it’s just not his game) in the long term- hopefully Rooney/Holmes, but he’s a great option to have. With bielik to come in, hopefully our midfield will be much improved on last years! Looks promising...

9 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

Still absolutely buzzing with last nights performance, I've never seen a Derby team so well set up!

Up the Rams !

I can gurentee u if Kachunga has smashed that chance home at the end Evans would have been public enemy number one, plain and simple 

he’s one of those players where if we win he’s mr does the dirty stuff, the running, the graft etc etc and gets praised for it, if we lose then it’s “what did Evans do”, he’s a liability 

we’ve had plenty like that over the years, honestly think he’ll be another 

we won .. so I thought he was solid lol

Thought he did a very good job stopping Mooy from pulling the strings for Huddersfield. Can see Cocu using him a lot for away matches. At home i think we will want someone in there who will do more going forward. That’s why it’s a squad game and where a manager the calibre of Cocu will prove his worth.

Think he's had a very strong start for Cocu. Played CB well in pre season. Covered Huddlestone's bum at Huddersfield and I thought shielded the defence well last night.

I thought he made a brilliant tackle last night at the end but the free kick went against him. 

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Think he's had a very strong start for Cocu. Played CB well in pre season. Covered Huddlestone's bum at Huddersfield and I thought shielded the defence well last night.

I thought he made a brilliant tackle last night at the end but the free kick went against him. 

The ref gave that because the home crowd made a noise for only the 2nd time all game. 

He has been one of our better performers in the opening games.

Like having a new signing! He does the simple things in midfield really well and allows Hudds and Dowell to be a bit more creative. 

Going forward, we'll probably have a spine of the team consisting of:

Keogh Clarke
      Bielik
Evans Dowell
   Waghorn

That would be tough to score against with a fair amount of creativity in there too. Exciting times!

Archived