George Evans

JoeDerby

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to have potential to be one of our most value for money signings of recent years.

Always enjoy seeing one of our players "getting it" and finding a niche in which they excel - and a manager who has the wherewithal to make those seemingly minor tactical adjustments that make it look like we have 3 or 4 different teams where in reality we have one and a half teams who sometimes stand in different positions ?

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Think he's had a very strong start for Cocu. Played CB well in pre season. Covered Huddlestone's bum at Huddersfield and I thought shielded the defence well last night.

I thought he made a brilliant tackle last night at the end but the free kick went against him. 

Can’t decide between that tackle or the chested pass out to the wing from a ball that was smacked at him as his best moment!

3 hours ago, rynny said:

The ref gave that because the home crowd made a noise for only the 2nd time all game. 

At first I assumed it was for a nudge from Shinnie but nope. 

Evans was still moaning after the free kick was taken! 

On 06/08/2019 at 11:21, EnigmaRam said:

Totally agree. A few people in here seem to give him some stick but I thought he played very well. Battled, won his headers and played good balls

Can't understand why he has ever been given stick. Always seems to put a lot of effort in. There is a decent player there, just needs the right coaching. No one better than Cocu to get the best out George Evans. 

Whilst he has looked smart and tidy in the games so far, are we in danger of falling into (and fans accepting/not realising) a team of smart and tidy with no real penetration/creativity/drive.

I can see it already with a large number of players the following:

Played 40-odd

Goals 3

Assists 3

but he did well.....

On 14/08/2019 at 12:32, wixman1884 said:

played a fantastic ball to buchanan before his goal yesterday.

he's been one of the stand outs of the season so far. hopefully there's a lot more to come from him.

Standouts of the season so far?! He was decent at Huddersfield, yet appalling 1st half against Swansea giving the ball away repeatedly and getting caught on the ball leading to him being dragged off. Played well on Tuesday against a side bottom of League 2.

He will be nothing more than a back up option with which he is fine, however nowhere near good enough to start for us regularly.

Struggling with injuries throughout last season; had two terrific performances in defence away from home when we were really in a hole ; starts this season brightly but let's call him out now as not good enough rather than getting behind him. 

We can't keep discarding players who have inconsistent performances just because we think there's a bottomless pit of money out there to replace them. 

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Struggling with injuries throughout last season; had two terrific performances in defence away from home when we were really in a hole ; starts this season brightly but let's call him out now as not good enough rather than getting behind him. 

We can't keep discarding players who have inconsistent performances just because we think there's a bottomless pit of money out there to replace them. 

I thought he was excellent in the Huddersfield game and actually thought he did well against Swansea. Was surprised to see him come off.

Strikes me as a player who will get better with games, although my gut feeling is he will take a back seat now bielek is playing.

Anyway we need someone to pick on dont we? Johnson and Butterfield have moved on, Keogh keeps frustrating by having excellent games.

7 hours ago, rammieib said:

Whilst he has looked smart and tidy in the games so far, are we in danger of falling into (and fans accepting/not realising) a team of smart and tidy with no real penetration/creativity/drive.

Played 40-odd

Goals 3

Assists 3

but he did well.....

Not sure what your expectations are for CB/DM, but I don't think goals or assists are the correct measurement we should use in his (or other in same role) case.

8 hours ago, rammieib said:

Played 40-odd

Goals 3

Assists 3

but he did well.....

Good job we judged Hughes on those kind of stats...

5 hours ago, Ramdale said:

Standouts of the season so far?! He was decent at Huddersfield, yet appalling 1st half against Swansea giving the ball away repeatedly and getting caught on the ball leading to him being dragged off. Played well on Tuesday against a side bottom of League 2.

He will be nothing more than a back up option with which he is fine, however nowhere near good enough to start for us regularly.

I mean you are joking right ? He had a 93% passing accuracy....... 

He wasn't dragged off he was substituted as the most defensive midfielder so we could bring on a more attacking player against a side who decided they'd go for a draw. It was entirely tactical.

5 hours ago, Ramdale said:

Huddersfield he was probably one of the best on the pitch. Didn't work at home against Swansea for tactical reasons though, him and Huddlestone were playing the same exact role. 

Away from home the two playing together (or bielik) is a strong midfield, at home against teams who sit back he's fighting to be the single DM. 

I'd say eventually second choice behind Bielik, and first choice in a defensive midfield two. He's still learning the role again after being trained into the CB all pre season 

8 hours ago, Ramdale said:

What complete nonsense.

For me against Swansea he was the pick of our midfielders first half against Swansea. As stated by @brady1993 he had 93% pass success and was not dispossessed, compared to Huddlestone's 75% pass completion and Dowell's 4 times dispossessed and 83% pass completion.

4 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Not sure what your expectations are for CB/DM, but I don't think goals or assists are the correct measurement we should use in his (or other in same role) case.

Should hitting 10 goals and 15 assists in a season!

Anything less and he’s useless ?

4 hours ago, angieram said:

Get a like from me, you are a supporter who always talks sense, a few games in and some have the knives out already, a supporter is meant to support are they not?

Sith Happens
37 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Get a like from me, you are a supporter who always talks sense, a few games in and some have the knives out already, a supporter is meant to support are they not?

Our female posters tend to be the ones who talk the most sense, apart from missram she was bonkers.

Archived