George Evans

JoeDerby

On 14/08/2019 at 13:14, Rab a dab doo said:

I think you can see a definite improvement under Cocu coaching. He'll get better as learn's role within the team.

Mark my words if results slip he will be everyone’s first scapegoat 

what does Evans do ? Will be the question.

hes one of those players that if the team does well he’s doing well and if the teams not then he’s not doing enough 

he’s a Paul Trollope, and that’s not being detrimental in the slightest to him, far from it, he’s a steady Eddie, no thrills, no drama 

every good side has one 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

George seems to be one of them players that does the simple stuff right and keeps everything ticking. Can definitely see him starting many away games with bielik with Evans sitting a bit deeper and mopping up everything that gets passed bielik. He’s just one of them players that goes unnoticed for a lot of the little things he does. He could be integral in our away form this season as he is a good defender but he can also pick a good forward pass 

Really going back in time I know but I said to my mate during the last match that he is like John McGovern. Plays a very similar role. Moving forward in time a bit from John I can also remember supporters questioning what George Williams contributed. You say every good side has one and that’s right. The very good Liverpool side had Ronnie Whelan who did exactly the same nuts and bolts job. Hardly noticed but enabling the good players to play

52 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Mark my words if results slip he will be everyone’s first scapegoat 

what does Evans do ? Will be the question.

hes one of those players that if the team does well he’s doing well and if the teams not then he’s not doing enough 

he’s a Paul Trollope, and that’s not being detrimental in the slightest to him, far from it, he’s a steady Eddie, no thrills, no drama 

every good side has one 

I agree. 

He does impact his defensive area more than Huddlestone though. Not hard because Huddlestone can only play what's within arms reach. 

And he turns on the ball more often. He picks passes that stretch the teams out and relieves pressure. 

That's about it but it's good. 

Huddlestone does nothing but then drops in something so classy it belongs in the Champions League. It eclipses much of his poor stuff. 

I would prefer Evans over Huddlestone to be honest. Huddlestone is past it imo. I like him and I don't blame him for not running about like Bryson. I just think he's suited to a team that will sit deep, leave next to no space between players and have an Andy Weimann stood waiting for a pass into the channel. 

Useful but not the way to start a game

5 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I mean you are joking right ? He had a 93% passing accuracy....... 

He wasn't dragged off he was substituted as the most defensive midfielder so we could bring on a more attacking player against a side who decided they'd go for a draw. It was entirely tactical.

Passing Accuracy will always be higher when you play 5 yards sidewards and backwards. Watch the 1st half again and you will see he gave the ball away 2/3 key times when trying to play forward and gets caught on it also. Huddlestone is always going to have a lower passing accuracy with the passes he attempts. Fact is he influenced the game more and that is why he stayed on over Evans at HT when either could have been brought off for the tactical switch.

I’m not making him a scapegoat and will always  support all our players, however Evans will clearly be 3rd choice behind Bielik and Huddlestone and rightly so.

2 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

Passing Accuracy will always be higher when you play 5 yards sidewards and backwards. Watch the 1st half again and you will see he gave the ball away 2/3 key times when trying to play forward and gets caught on it also. Huddlestone is always going to have a lower passing accuracy with the passes he attempts. Fact is he influenced the game more and that is why he stayed on over Evans at HT when either could have been brought off for the tactical switch.

I’m not making him a scapegoat and will always  support all our players, however Evans will clearly be 3rd choice behind Bielik and Huddlestone and rightly so.

Today's line up would say otherwise. 

8 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Not sure what your expectations are for CB/DM, but I don't think goals or assists are the correct measurement we should use in his (or other in same role) case.

Understand your post - problem is I see those stats being across too many of our players....

Archived