This season I enjoyed...

IlsonDerby

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favourite moment/match was stuffing Leeds in their own back yard, making Championship Play-off history and the post match celebrations. My favourite ever match.

My other favourite moments (in no particular order):

Lawrence’s last minute winner at Reading (unbelievable cross from Bennett), my goal of the season

Going to Hull twice in the same week and winning both matches

outplaying & beating Man Utd in their own back yard (& Wilson’s freekick especially)

Beating West Brom convincingly twice, especially at their place

The epic match that was Norwich A

Southampton A

seeing us score 6 in one match for the first time

Wilson’s penalty vs QPR (the turning point of our season for me)

Bennett having a run in the team and being an important member of the squad

Youth being given a chance

Bogle being our #1 RB

Seeing Mount, Tomori & Wilson improve throughout the season

Just now, Mr Tibbs said:

Watching Richard Keogh once again put his doubters to bed with another great season. 

Frustrating to be on the train back hearing people trotting out the same old bilge- "we will never get promoted with him in the side"

I go to games with 2 people who think the same and hate him with a passion.

Dont get it, he would be pretty much the last person I'd be singling out for criticism this season if I was that way inclined.

The best thing I enjoyed was this last week just taking  a punt to come over getting all the help from members of this forum and the whole lead up to the match especially Covent Garden. Beating  Man U, Leeds in the early morning, getting up for midnight starts maybe not so much. Getting to the PP ticket office 5 minutes after it closed in January for the Leeds away game, got lucky there.BF036607-FF51-4F6D-B4F6-4834A16E2562.thumb.jpeg.2b111e19ed4846d2267cb3f5d78c7421.jpeg

Style of play this season vs Rowett-ball

Leeds away

THE Bennett goal

Leeds away

Bogle

Leeds away

Watching Tomori and Mount (future England stars IMO)

Leeds away

Waggers and Marriott 

Leeds away

Beating Man Utd on penalties / Keogh penalty hero

Leeds away

43 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

The best thing I enjoyed was this last week just taking  a punt to come over getting all the help from members of this forum and the whole lead up to the match especially Covent Garden. Beating  Man U, Leeds in the early morning, getting up for midnight starts maybe not so much. Getting to the PP ticket office 5 minutes after it closed in January for the Leeds away game, got lucky there.BF036607-FF51-4F6D-B4F6-4834A16E2562.thumb.jpeg.2b111e19ed4846d2267cb3f5d78c7421.jpeg

@Stagtime - I'm guessing that's you on the left. If not, you need to remind the club to treat it's ex-players with a little more respect.

12 hours ago, eddie said:

I enjoyed so much. I'm also looking forward to some more incredible youngsters throwing down the gauntlet and demanding a first-team place next season.

I also enjoyed bumping into @sage @froggg and @Duracell after the game today. So many people we bumped into - the Memsahib's brother Keith (aka 'Chink'), my mate and metal superstar Kev Moore (twice - before and after the game, the one after the game being a mile from the stadium while he was looking for a hotel for the night before flying to Denmark for some gigs this week) and my old mate Woody from Ilson who I used to bowl with a decade or more ago.

Small world.

Nice to meet you, eddie - would’ve stopped for a longer chat if I wasn’t feeling so sad in the moment.

Really was funny that we all bumped into each other.

@sage isn’t hard to spot though...

13 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

FTFY

You say that, but I'm sure there would've been a gargantuan melt down when we were 20th in November if forums were a thing back then... - 

"Smith out!"

"Well Stimac looks ok, but you can't be losing to Tranmere like that"

"Stimac isn't German, so he's no good!"

"Told you Pickering should've hired Horton"

"Why we bothering with Sturridge up front, he's not First Division standard. Gets by on his pace"

And after our 20 game unbeaten run came to an end

"That was rubbish, Sunderland finally showed us up to be the lucky chancers we are"

"Bald Eagle's Barmy Army my arse!"

"Bottle jobs"

"Kiss good bye to autos then ? "

Changing the playing style whereby we play a more vibrant brand of attacking football. Rowett did score plenty of goals but lets face it, it wasn't pretty to watch. 

defeat in the playoffs didn't feel like an inevitability like it did last year. 

seeing the tears of the arrogant leeds fans (especially as I live there) was beautiful

seeing us knock 6 past a team for the first time in my life. 

seeing the development of younger players such as Bogle and Bennett and integrating them into the first team squad. 

The three loanees who all seem to have developed a proper connection with the fans and the club. If we can get just one of them back for next year I'd be happy with that. 

The club seems to be more united than it has been for a a few years now. Fans generally are pulling together, Morris seems to have calmed down with the managerial side of things and we actually have a direction we want to go in. 

6 minutes ago, admira said:

Scoring every penalty we took

I'm surprised more hasn't been made of that, to be honest. There can't be many teams historically who took as many penalties and maintained a 100% record.

• Seeing bright young talent being nurtured, what a privilege to see players like Mount, Tomori, Wilson developing and playing for us
  • Man U, Chelsea, West Brom and the performances where we didn't know we were beat and fought for wins
  • The under 18s topping the table and wondering who will break through for us
  • The connection being built between the club, players and fans - it may be wishful thinking, but I can't remember a time since the Jim Smith days where I have felt such a good connection with the club, and it seems that the players genuinely do want to be part of something under Frank, fighting for each other and proud to be part of the club. 
  • Beating Leeds 10 times in a row - and of course the play-off semi was a night like no other.  Ok, the 10 times in a row bit wasn't this season, but they've gloated so much about managing 3 against us, it's worth reminding ourselves. 

55 minutes ago, Duracell said:

@sage isn’t hard to spot though...

He's invested a fortune in Belgian breweries. Fair play to the guy.

Archived