Sheraldo Becker - Joined Union Berlin

Stuniverse

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another bloke I’ve never seen play nor heard of. Goal record don’t look great tho, not horrific, but his record is still pretty poor on that league. Hasn’t done much at 24, doesn’t have much to get excited by. It’s a no from me, don’t get why we need anymore wingers with the numbers we have on our books anyway unless we shift some, and rumours of that haven’t been about. If boro have approached him already they’ll get him so dunno why we’d bother looking , others would be able to offer first team football we can’t. Not for me

9 minutes ago, Papahet said:

We need top quality if we go up.

Some of the players we have been linked with are bog standard to say the least

Probably more accurate to say that 'some of the players/agents who have linked themselves with us.............'

37 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Have you ever seen him play?

No, but If we go up, i'd want us to be liked with the likes of Che Adams, Ollie Mcburnie, Neal Maupay, Jarrod Bowen. Players we can improve and potentially sell for mega ££.

I'm all for a unknown gem coming to the club, but we've failed countless times (Albentosa, Camara, Ssewankambo...) to sign players outside the UK.

They either get homesick or just not much cop

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

No, but If we go up, i'd want us to be liked with the likes of Che Adams, Ollie Mcburnie, Neal Maupay, Jarrod Bowen. Players we can improve and potentially sell for mega ££.

I'm all for a unknown gem coming to the club, but we've failed countless times (Albentosa, Camara, Ssewankambo...) to sign players outside the UK.

They either get homesick or just not much cop

Most of the players you mentioned, particularly Che Adams, would have been seen as underwhelming at most points on their career. 

Che Adams started at Ilkeston Town. Maupay’s best season was in Ligue 2 as he couldn’t cut it in Ligue 1. Bowen came from Hereford. 

11 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Most of the players you mentioned, particularly Che Adams, would have been seen as underwhelming at most points on their career. 

Che Adams started at Ilkeston Town. Maupay’s best season was in Ligue 2 as he couldn’t cut it in Ligue 1. Bowen came from Hereford. 

But on this present day, all three of the players I mentioned have shown they are capable at this level and beyond and have been consistent performers for the past 2-3 seasons. Whereas this Becker lad has come back off a half decent season in Holland, it's way too Camara, Blackman and Albentosa like signing players off the back of 6 month purple patch.

When was the last overseas success we signed anyway? We have been crap since the Burley era for spotting a gem abroad ?

If we go up we'd be loaded with dough, i'd happily see us spend 50 odd million on Tomori, Wilson, Bowen, Maupay ETC. All young players with massive potential.

34 minutes ago, Papahet said:

But on this present day, all three of the players I mentioned have shown they are capable at this level and beyond and have been consistent performers for the past 2-3 seasons. Whereas this Becker lad has come back off a half decent season in Holland, it's way too Camara, Blackman and Albentosa like signing players off the back of 6 month purple patch.

When was the last overseas success we signed anyway? We have been crap since the Burley era for spotting a gem abroad ?

If we go up we'd be loaded with dough, i'd happily see us spend 50 odd million on Tomori, Wilson, Bowen, Maupay ETC. All young players with massive potential.

I'd be very cautious of this.  

Agreed that our recent record with overseas transfers hasn't been great, but I'd be extremely hesitant of signing players who have spent their careers to date in the lower leagues.  All of those mentioned have great potential, but signing 4/5 of them would be a huge risk.  I'd be looking to balance out players like Tomori etc. with more seasoned professionals be that from the Prem, Bundesliga etc.

• 1 month later...

Archived