Leeds United v Derby County play off semi final second leg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ask who Malone was watching - he could try defending before you blame Keogh.

Think it was a bit of a cluster between a few of them to be honest plus a slice of luck in where the ball landed.

Doesnt matter now, that crowd will be tense second half and if Wilson and Mount find their composure then it’s all to play for!

So frustrating that we’ve conceded a stupid sloppy goal otherwise it’s 1-1 on aggregate. 

Its no surprise that Frank brings a striker on and he scores, sometimes footballs a simple game! 

Balls to the walls second half, hit them with every piece of artillery we’ve got, they looked terrified after we scored and if anything it shows they’re human and vulnerable, the first time that’s happened in all three games we’ve played against them

go get em boys!!

4 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

Keogh needs to do his job when he is defending and cease the pathetic blaming of others - he is supposed to be the captain ffs!

It is a regrettable occasional character flaw of his, i agree and hopefully Frank can inspire him to lead the team to victory in the second half

4 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Marriott still had work to do to get that in, make no mistake about it. What a time to score. That will be a huge blow to Leeds just before HT, sows some seeds of doubt. COYR!

I’ll admit, I thought he was going to miss that or a Leeds player was going to get back to clear it off the line because it was his first touch of the game.  Need to target their keeper as his head’s gone, if we play balls over the top we can utilise the speed and workrate of Bennett and Marriott and then their keeper will be apprehensive to come out or not. 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, DCFC Ram said:

You must have missed their goal - have another look and then tell me that Malone was at fault and blamed others when the ball went in - and Keogh wasn't and didn't.

So keogh got close but missed,  how close were tomori and malone? 

Just now, rynny said:

mike myers ok GIF

Hey I owned up to that comment after the goal! Apparently he's got that in him, up until that moment I'd only ever seen him competently sweep the back line ? 

Pretty sure he gave us a goal as a thank you for my kind words.

Sith Happens
Just now, SKRam said:

Duck me I was supposed to be tee total tonight that’s out the window 

It went out the window for me when i started supporting Derby.

Blimey those dark days in the 3rd division as a pissed up 12 year old.

Oh my word they just showed a replay of the goal and the wry smile from Lamps is pretty priceless. 

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

So keogh got close but missed,  how close were tomori and malone? 

As the sky pundits pointed out, Keogh was awful for their goal. Didn’t hold the line, then missed the ball with an air shot.

just saying 

Archived