Pity for Paul Coutts

FindernRam

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, FindernRam said:

Football is a terrible mistress: You do your best for years , fight back from injury, help your team to the promised land …..

And they dump you!

Only one start and 300 mins of football all season. I think he's known for a long time he was going to be released

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

pretty sure we did it for both Johnsons, Pesci and maybe some others, Camp?

Think Seth retired didn't he? Knee injury he got at Wembley finished his career. Pesch definitely was released at the end of the season. Michael Johnson played for us the year after, remember him hitting the cross bar against Bolton from about 40 yards out (think they went up the other end and scored straight after).

We sold Camp to QPR. 

Depending on which division we are in I still think Coutts has something to offer if he could stay fit

Whenever I watch him play he always keeps the ball in tight areas and has stood out.

Cannot remember him having many bad games for us

5 minutes ago, Saity said:

Depending on which division we are in I still think Coutts has something to offer if he could stay fit

Whenever I watch him play he always keeps the ball in tight areas and has stood out.

Cannot remember him having many bad games for us

Can’t have seen him play much, only started 20 games in 6 seasons. 31 in July, his agent will need a knighthood if he can find a club at this level to take him on.

3 hours ago, David said:

Can’t have seen him play much, only started 20 games in 6 seasons. 31 in July, his agent will need a knighthood if he can find a club at this level to take him on.

His fitness is the only issue as I highlighted because he has ability and will turn 31 before next season, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be an asset to any side in the championship if he can stay fit

He's made 102 apps since joining Sheff Utd in 2015 with 22 sub appearances

36 minutes ago, Saity said:

His fitness is the only issue as I highlighted because he has ability and will turn 31 before next season, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be an asset to any side in the championship if he can stay fit

He's made 102 apps since joining Sheff Utd in 2015 with 22 sub appearances

@David meant 20 Championship starts in 6 years ?

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

@David meant 20 Championship starts in 6 years ?

David said couldn't of seen much of him but hes played 102 games not 20 ..... what division is irrelevant he's always looked good when I've watched him in  league 1 and the championship , he's a good player its only injuries thats stopped him playing more not ability ....he's probably played as many games in the championship as Thorne has for us in the last 2 seasons but he has talent which is why I emphasised staying fit 

Archived