The Politics Thread 2019

Day

38 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Nope. He used the phrase twice. Both in the context I just described.

The general hatred towards those he disagrees with though? That I don’t like.

Fair enough.

Maybe i read it out of context, it was bang out of order what was being said, posts were being deleted so its best left. I am assuming hes had a warning so wont be posting anything like it again so think we should leave it there.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Norman said:

I have voted Labour in the past too. Its stupid how people vote based on a colour. 

So now you're sneeringly suggesting that x-number of Labour voters are such because they like the colour red and can't see beyond the Labour party? Coming from someone who throws his toys out when it is suggested that Brexit voters may have had blinkered views, I find that rather hypocritical.

I've voted for all three parties at one time or another. The reason I am voting Labour now is because I absolutely despise what the likes of Johnson, Rees-Mogg and Goves stand for and Cameron and May before them. You may not agree with my worldview, but please don't assume that I, or other Labour voters are thick because they don't vote the way you do, because that's what you are implying.

Just now, TimRam said:

Problem is the young don't remember the winter of discontent. That shower of lefty idiots in red brought the country to a standstill.

Yeah but wasnt that someone elses fault, and not real labour?

26 minutes ago, Norman said:

I'm working class and have just voted Conservative. So he's calling me a ducking idiot for having a different opinion. I'm not wealthy either. Only just about to buy my first house at the age of the 31.

Did you actually read what I posted? NOT ALL Tory voters ONLY THOSE without money. You stated that he called ALL TORY VOTERS 'ducking idiots' which is not the case. 

26 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Complete misunderstanding of the point being made ??

Boomers won't be around forever even if the number of oldies continues to swell. What has been suggested is that those boomers who bought their first home with a 3 times annual income mortgage, will be replaced over time by those who have had a far tougher time of it. It's an entirely plausible argument that they will be less likely to view capitalism, austerity and the erosion of a system designed to aid those most in need in such a favourable light as the likes of you.

Perhaps if you're going to pour scorn on an argument in such a patronising manner, you'd do well to try and grasp the point being made before doing so.

It's not going to happen.  Heck, the next Labour leader that wins a GE majority probably won't be anything like the current leader or leadership. People don't like the anti capitalism and big state sell. Because they don't like people taking away stuff they have earned. 

30 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

plausible argument that they will be less likely to view capitalism, austerity and the erosion of a system designed to aid those most in need in such a favourable light as the likes of you.

You don't know me. I might be someone who fits into your definition of most in need. 

6 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I don't think you'll find too many folk living off food bank handouts voting Tory, old bean. 

So these are the only people we should care about? People who go to food banks?

Many people go to food banks because they prioritise their wages on things other than food. There are many millions of people who don't use food banks, that are not financially secure, who have to and choose to spend their wages wisely. 

What is it exactly that you don't like about food banks? That people and companies donate food? Or would you prefer the government gave it them? 

9 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

It's accurate. Don't treat everything as though it is black and white. People go to food banks for multiple reasons. 

If it's accurate, could you put a percentage on food bank usage by the fiscally irresponsible?

7 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

If it's accurate, could you put a percentage on food bank usage by the fiscally irresponsible?

Does anyone know how many people use food banks ? Obviously 1 is to many but the stats are interesting that only 20% have them because they are under financial constraints.

BTW I’m not claiming anyone is conning the system in any way, genuine question.

Archived