The Politics Thread 2019

Day

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Horrific isn't it, maintaining relations with the world super power. 

Much rather us cosy up to Luxembourg, Albania and Slovenia and pay them to be part of our club. 

Are they the countries we're signed up to trade with after Brexit so far?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

So why did you suggest that France and Germany instead of Albania when you know such arrangements are not possible?

Have I missed something which says that we cannot continue to trade with the EU after we have left?

Or is this another one of them stories where we pretend all of our trade will be done with America after Brexit in return for handing them the NHS on a plate?

Albania isn't an eu member state. 

30 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Got to laugh at the hypocrisy of Labour. "Politics of fear and blame". It's all they do ??

What's the hypocrisy element? Seems to me that there is a lot of fear of a Labour government and plenty of people already blaming them for destroying the economy before they've even won an election!

?

13 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

What's the hypocrisy element? Seems to me that there is a lot of fear of a Labour government and plenty of people already blaming them for destroying the economy before they've even won an election!

?

Replace the words 'Labour' and 'government' with 'Brexit'. 

Hypocrite. 

On 11/11/2019 at 20:23, 1of4 said:

Have you asked her if she can get you one of those great and less dangerous jobs. If you're thinking about moving, you need to get cracking. I heard that asda give their workers double discount as a bonus at Christmas and you don't want to miss out on that. But don't plan on doing much over the Christmas holidays, as you'll probably have to work a good part of it.

They give double discount throughout the year, actually. And I already have a discount card. 1 family member living in the same house can use it too. 

It's shut Xmas Day and New Year's Day, and she isn't contracted to the days the other holidays fall on. 

Nevermind. I'm working Xmas Eve, Xmas day, my birthday, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Doubt she'd miss me if she did some overtime. 

Why I get paid more, you see. 

I'm so thoroughly disillusioned with politicians.  So many have no idea what life is like in the real world and many are just career politicians who go into it for all the wrong reasons power, perks, pension and pay.  It's time we followed other countries who make it a condition that you must have worked at least 10 years in areas such as Education, medicine, transport etc so you actually know what you are talking about.  Too many of our politicians take on a new role and make sweeping changes, costing huge amounts of money, when perhaps small tweaks would suffice.  Call me cynical but much of this is done so comparisons can't be made.  I have worked in Education all my life and we just keep reinventing the wheel over and over again.  Many people criticize education in the seventies and yes there was some bad practice but much good, certainly creativity and using initiative flourished. But huge scale changes were brought in again costing millions with every teacher received thick folders on all 10 subjects. Just addressing bad practice would have sufficed! I could write about this subject all day.  My partner has worked in healthcare and is really fed up with the meddling of politicians. I haven't a clue who to vote for.  I really don't like or trust any party but feel I ought to vote.  

3 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

Hmmm, friends of America vs friends of Venezuela, where the economy has been trashed by Corbyn's mates despite having the world's largest oil reserves. It is a tough one, alright.

while none of us are experts mate there’s certainly a bit more to the Venezuelan issue than you seem to think....

https://www.globalresearch.ca/john-bolton-admits-us-backed-coup-venezuela-oil-not-democracy/5667083

9 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Electric car pioneer Elon Musk has picked Germany for his new factory because of Brexit, embarrassing Boris Johnson as he prepares to pledge a “clean energy revolution”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-news-latest-elon-musk-tesla-electric-car-gigafactory-uk-a9200981.html

It's good how omitting just word from one sentence can make something fit your agenda.

The article I just read said that he picked Germany because of Brexit UNCERTAINTY, not because of Brexit.

I would say that is embarrassing for all the people who continue to block and delay it, rather than for Boris Johnson.

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It's good how omitting just word from one sentence can make something fit your agenda.

The article I just read said that he picked Germany because of Brexit UNCERTAINTY, not because of Brexit.

Ok - but all that a reference to "brexit uncertainty" tells us is that he decided against putting it in the UK, either because the UK is going to leave the EU, or because it isn't. Uncertainty of which outcome will come to pass, because one of those outcomes is bad for him

Which do you think it is? (the clue is in the fact he chose Germany)

2 hours ago, Dappled Ram said:

I'm so thoroughly disillusioned with politicians.  So many have no idea what life is like in the real world and many are just career politicians who go into it for all the wrong reasons power, perks, pension and pay.  It's time we followed other countries who make it a condition that you must have worked at least 10 years in areas such as Education, medicine, transport etc so you actually know what you are talking about.  Too many of our politicians take on a new role and make sweeping changes, costing huge amounts of money, when perhaps small tweaks would suffice.  Call me cynical but much of this is done so comparisons can't be made.  I have worked in Education all my life and we just keep reinventing the wheel over and over again.  Many people criticize education in the seventies and yes there was some bad practice but much good, certainly creativity and using initiative flourished. But huge scale changes were brought in again costing millions with every teacher received thick folders on all 10 subjects. Just addressing bad practice would have sufficed! I could write about this subject all day.  My partner has worked in healthcare and is really fed up with the meddling of politicians. I haven't a clue who to vote for.  I really don't like or trust any party but feel I ought to vote.  

Can't accuse Boris of that. It's all about the pooging, lying and random Latin for him.

Oh........and being "world king". ?

18 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Ok - but all that a reference to "brexit uncertainty" tells us is that he decided against putting it in the UK, either because the UK is going to leave the EU, or because it isn't. Uncertainty of which outcome will come to pass, because one of those outcomes is bad for him

Which do you think it is? (the clue is in the fact he chose Germany)

Not correct.

The outcome of one is uncertain to him.

Just think of the jobs that could have been created if we hadnt kept on delaying, I know how important employment is to the Brexit debate so I imagine you're quite angry about this...

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not correct.

The outcome of one is uncertain to him.

Just think of the jobs that could have been created if we hadnt kept on delaying, I know how important employment is to the Brexit debate so I imagine you're quite angry about this...

Quite a stretch - even for you!

You must be fantastic at yoga ?

Archived