The Politics Thread 2019

Day

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I remember the uproar when Donald Trump was passing his thoughts on our elections/votes, I assume somebody must be deleting the posts calling out Hilary Clinton and Donald Tusk for the same thing?

I don't want Clinton anywhere near the UK.

Tusk passing judgement on Brexit - well he would, wouldn't he? That's sort of his job.

5 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

In my opinion, Labour are the only party the NHS can be trusted with. I don't trust the Tories, and the Lib Dems have proved they get into bed with the Tories far too easily and are prepared to back down on their own red lines.

How? 

A four day week that is impossible to implement. 

A rise in the minimum wage so fast and sharp there would be no point in being a nurse working shifts, Bank Holidays and weekends. 

Members of the current Labour Party sold the biggest portion of the NHS off. 

An open border policy meaning the current flow of a city the size of Newcastle coming in every year adding more pressure to a NHS that is ready to buckle. 

And potentially the breakup of the United Kingdom and the NHS by gettijg into bed with the SNP and offering another referendum. 

Not that they would honour it. 

That's just off the top of my head. 

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I don't want Clinton anywhere near the UK.

Tusk passing judgement on Brexit - well he would, wouldn't he? That's sort of his job.

Actually, he went against protocol and apologised before giving his speech. 

So, no, its not his job to do that. 

5 minutes ago, Norman said:

How? 

A four day week that is impossible to implement. 

A rise in the minimum wage so fast and sharp there would be no point in being a nurse working shifts, Bank Holidays and weekends. 

Members of the current Labour Party sold the biggest portion of the NHS off. 

An open border policy meaning the current flow of a city the size of Newcastle coming in every year adding more pressure to a NHS that is ready to buckle. 

And potentially the breakup of the United Kingdom and the NHS by gettijg into bed with the SNP and offering another referendum. 

Not that they would honour it. 

That's just off the top of my head. 

I don't know enough about the 4 day week. I don't think it'll happen any time soon anyway.

You must acknowledge that the Blair days were definitely on a different track to the current Labour Party? Yes there's still some odious turds in the party but they are slowly leaving and being replaced with people with a better affinity to the members. Which can only be a good thing surely?

Open border policy? I thought we'd already got that. Isn't that why Brexit is so popular? Anyway, I don't have such an issue with immigration than some people seem to have. Remember our immigrant population are net contributors. If you're worrying about pressure to the NHS, start with the lazy natives. Actually, start by funding it adequately.

Break up of the United Kingdom? I thought that was a price worth paying for Brexit? Strange that it's so objectionable when it's offered as a choice by a Labour government, but it's not objectionable when it's an inevitable consequence of a Tory hard Brexit?

7 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

By electing their governments? By pressuring them economically to take down his opponents?

Didnt realise he did elect our government? Thought he just passed his opinion on who he would find it easier to work with.

I think that is important for voters to know.

Not surprised that it's ok for everyone other than Trump to air their opinions on British politics.

26 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Didnt realise he did elect our government? Thought he just passed his opinion on who he would find it easier to work with.

I think that is important for voters to know.

Not surprised that it's ok for everyone other than Trump to air their opinions on British politics.

Actually I don't recall any other PM of any other country suggesting that any potential PM would be "easier to work with". Can you remind me who it was that said it?

22 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Actually I don't recall any other PM of any other country suggesting that any potential PM would be "easier to work with". Can you remind me who it was that said it?

Ah so it's just what Trump says that is wrong?

Obviously if he was saying we should be doing all we can to stop Brexit and get Corbyn into power you would have exactly the same opinion right?

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Ah so it's just what Trump says that is wrong?

Obviously if he was saying we should be doing all we can to stop Brexit and get Corbyn into power you would have exactly the same opinion right?

Which US President said we should get Corbyn into power? Or Cameron? Or Miliband? Or Ashdown? Or anyone else running for position?

Brexit is a policy decision and governments across the world since time began have commented and criticised foreign governments' policies. But I really can't remember anyone trying to influence an election like he has. Can you remember anyone doing it?

Free broadband for all - a no brainer. 

You only have to look at the stupid amounts of advertising and "special offers" the providers put out to know that they see massive benefit in increasing their user base. So for the Tech companies it's a simple case of paying a bit more tax and massively increasing their user base almost immediately

43 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Which US President said we should get Corbyn into power? Or Cameron? Or Miliband? Or Ashdown? Or anyone else running for position?

Brexit is a policy decision and governments across the world since time began have commented and criticised foreign governments' policies. But I really can't remember anyone trying to influence an election like he has. Can you remember anyone doing it?

Hilary Clinton?

Archived