The Politics Thread 2019

Day

I'm out of this thread for the foreseeable future as I do not want to get banned from this forum as the main reason I use it is to discuss Derby County.

To those of you have respectfully engaged in debate and offered thought provoking ideas I thank you.

For those of you that have spoken down to me and refused to ever consider that my views are based upon my own personal experiences, thank you for keeping me interested in debate and continuing to fight for what I think is right.

To the obnoxious hypocrites...I wont even waste my breath!

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Montgolfier said:

Ah, I never realised that the European Union actually voted for members in the British parliament. Which constituencies would they represent?

Also, could you please define 'Conservatives'? Are they people only slightly to the right of Jacob Rees-Mogg or are they going full Attila The Hun now?

How much do you want to bet we can’t leave the EU? You can talk all your fancy baalocks but the bottom line is we can’t leave. We are stuck in.

8 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

All I will say on this is we can’t leave the EU . We aren’t allowed to. It is against the EU protocol. Have me a bet if you think we are.

How do we prove if you are right or wrong? Could our failure to leave be because of a parliament that mostly sees no sense in Brexit in any form presented to date? 

13 minutes ago, Montgolfier said:

Ah, I never realised that the European Union actually voted for members in the British parliament. Which constituencies would they represent?

Also, could you please define 'Conservatives'? Are they people only slightly to the right of Jacob Rees-Mogg or are they going full Attila The Hun now?

Strange about elected members of parliament representing their constituents. 60% of the people of Chesterfield voted leave but the elected member of parliament has voted against every withdrawal vote we have had. Now is he working for the people who voted him to represent them or is he voting for the EU in parliament? I reckon if Farage puts in a Brexit candidate he will be on to a winner. What do you reckon?

7 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

Yet another EU insider.

Well she was a remainer but not sure that makes you an eu insider. 

Boris just isn't trustworthy in my eyes and incredibly reckless. 

I think he'll get through this though.

I think he could very well win an election in October with new MPs backing his vision. Boris' saving grace is how unpopular corbyn is. 

30 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Well she was a remainer but not sure that makes you an eu insider. 

Boris just isn't trustworthy in my eyes and incredibly reckless. 

I think he'll get through this though.

I think he could very well win an election in October with new MPs backing his vision. Boris' saving grace is how unpopular corbyn is. 

True and also the fact that Corbyn is actually against what the majority of his supporters want. 

He may say he is still leaving the EU but the terms he wants or his exit policy is about as much as remaining as it could be. In fact on his terms we may as well stay in the EU at least we would have more of a say in things. 

I forgot to say I reckon if there is a GE there will be a lot of tactical voting and candidates not standing against others which will be really interesting. I believe that Momentum have really got their act together and have already done the calculations. It will be Brexit suicide for Farage and Johnson to try to complete with each other and their votes will get split and they will both be sat licking their wounds unless there is some form of compromise. 

As as for me I’ m one of the thick Brexit voters that vote Tory. More because I think I have Great British Values such as Queen and Country. I don’t give a toss whether we are in the EU or not. I think the only other direction is the US and to me that isn’t a great alternative. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm out of this thread for the foreseeable future as I do not want to get banned from this forum as the main reason I use it is to discuss Derby County.

To those of you have respectfully engaged in debate and offered thought provoking ideas I thank you.

For those of you that have spoken down to me and refused to ever consider that my views are based upon my own personal experiences, thank you for keeping me interested in debate and continuing to fight for what I think is right.

To the obnoxious hypocrites...I wont even waste my breath!

Shame you and @Norman are both leaving, pardon the pun. I thought there has been lots of good debates on here recently. I assume there have been posts deleted as haven't seen anything particularly obnoxious. Good luck in the post-Brexit world. Or in the post-post-Brexit world.

6 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Shame you and @Norman are both leaving, pardon the pun. I thought there has been lots of good debates on here recently. I assume there have been posts deleted as haven't seen anything particularly obnoxious. Good luck in the post-Brexit world. Or in the post-post-Brexit world.

We’re not allowed to leave. So that will be off the agenda.

3 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

We’re not allowed to leave. So that will be off the agenda.

If you are into shadowy conspiracies, try googling 'arron banks russia cambridge analytica brexit'. Just make sure you use an internet cafe and pay in cash. Where a hat and shades too, plus an overcoat purchased from a charity shop.

13 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

If you are into shadowy conspiracies, try googling 'arron banks russia cambridge analytica brexit'. Just make sure you use an internet cafe and pay in cash. Where a hat and shades too, plus an overcoat purchased from a charity shop.

I don’t need to. I have a mate who said the day after the referendum we aren’t allowed to leave. I thought he was off his rocker but it all makes sense now.

He also said the Moon landings were made up and we are constantly being poisoned by chem trails from aeroplanes. 

By the way you can believe what you want but the Chem trails have got to you and you are just accepting what the EU wants you to believe. You are one of the EU sheeple.

I cannot believe so many people are sucked in by the EU establishment I thought these lefties were anti establishment.

1 hour ago, Van Gritters said:

Strange about elected members of parliament representing their constituents. 60% of the people of Chesterfield voted leave but the elected member of parliament has voted against every withdrawal vote we have had. Now is he working for the people who voted him to represent them or is he voting for the EU in parliament? I reckon if Farage puts in a Brexit candidate he will be on to a winner. What do you reckon?

We had this debate a few days ago. The people vote MPs in to use their judgement to best represent them.

The Brexit Party had the most votes in the European Election in Chesterfield. Farage/Tory problem is that are going to end up with a No Deal vs Non-No Deal election. Non-No Deal could be a soft Brexit or a new referendum. No Deal is suicide. 

5 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

We had this debate a few days ago. The people vote MPs in to use their judgement to best represent them.

The Brexit Party had the most votes in the European Election in Chesterfield. Farage/Tory problem is that are going to end up with a No Deal vs Non-No Deal election. Non-No Deal could be a soft Brexit or a new referendum. No Deal is suicide. 

To be honest you need all the bargaining chips on the table. To take away those chips is just waving a white flag saying do what you want Mr EU.

I suspect this is tactical by the opposition because they are in with the EU and form the we can’t leave part of the whole set up.

9 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

To be honest you need all the bargaining chips on the table. To take away those chips is just waving a white flag saying do what you want Mr EU.

I suspect this is tactical by the opposition because they are in with the EU and form the we can’t leave part of the whole set up.

A No Deal will be bad for the EU. It would be terrible for us, hence it's no good for negotiating.

That's if we were negotiating. Johnson is too lazy to even try. Just wasting time doing rambling election speeches in front of police.

30 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

I don’t need to. I have a mate who said the day after the referendum we aren’t allowed to leave. I thought he was off his rocker but it all makes sense now.

He also said the Moon landings were made up and we are constantly being poisoned by chem trails from aeroplanes. 

By the way you can believe what you want but the Chem trails have got to you and you are just accepting what the EU wants you to believe. You are one of the EU sheeple.

I cannot believe so many people are sucked in by the EU establishment I thought these lefties were anti establishment.

These are conspiracy theories. What Arron Banks did was a conspiracy.

Archived