The Politics Thread 2019

David

14 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

92,000 voted for Johnson to be prime minister.  He knows he is in a vacuum, and is doing his best to get his name written into the history books, and make sure the ERG are profiting at the chaos that he is creating.

He and the ERG voting against every proposal May tabled, regarding the deal.  He then sacks the 21 that disagreed with him.  He is a hypocrite, only out for himself and his mates like JRM.  He doesn't care, leave suits him, because his investments, all off shore, benefit from a failed UK economy and a crippled pound. 

As for the other glove puppet opposition leader, just change a few words, same effect.

You may want to fact check this.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, McRamFan said:

This will cheer up the people who want to restrict free movement of people from Europe...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49599377

Thought they were very good uplifting stories. Some great attitudes displayed there. Good luck to all those families. I do hope that despite the Brexit language on immigration that this country will continue to support through initiatives situations such as these folk.

11 hours ago, McRamFan said:

92,000 voted for Johnson to be prime minister.  He knows he is in a vacuum, and is doing his best to get his name written into the history books, and make sure the ERG are profiting at the chaos that he is creating.

He and the ERG voting against every proposal May tabled, regarding the deal.  He then sacks the 21 that disagreed with him.  He is a hypocrite, only out for himself and his mates like JRM.  He doesn't care, leave suits him, because his investments, all off shore, benefit from a failed UK economy and a crippled pound. 

As for the other glove puppet opposition leader, just change a few words, same effect.

92,000 more than voted for Gordon Brown to be Prime Minister. The system we have has never had a directly elected Prime Minister. 

Leave suited the majority of voters in the country. He's just trying to get it done on their behalves. It's called democracy. 

12 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Quite simply actually. If Labour somehow won a GE, and with No Deal ruled out, the best deal available will be May's deal. As They would want to renegotiate that deal, any new deal will be considerably worse. Therefore, when a second referendum occurs, remain would easily win.

Stating opinion as fact there. 

2 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Will be interesting to see who becomes the next Speaker of the House of Commons. I thought John Bercow the present Speaker did a good job of keeping order during some very difficult times.

Probably Lindsay Hoyle

12 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Are all of his investments off shore? and what has he invested in? I might as well get in on the action so if you could fill me in I'd appreciate it. Cheers

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

92,000 more than voted for Gordon Brown to be Prime Minister. The system we have has never had a directly elected Prime Minister. 

Leave suited the majority of voters in the country. He's just trying to get it done on their behalves. It's called democracy. 

Another poster who thinks I am a Labour supporter.

Brown becoming PM was a deal that was struck back when  Blair ran, he would be Chancellor and step in when Blair quit. 

It could be said that deal was rubber stamped when the unions voted Blair in, by the biggest majority in modern times.

31 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Another poster who thinks I am a Labour supporter.

Brown becoming PM was a deal that was struck back when  Blair ran, he would be Chancellor and step in when Blair quit. 

It could be said that deal was rubber stamped when the unions voted Blair in, by the biggest majority in modern times.

Labour also had a majority then and Brown was unopposed. It seemed, at the time at least, of more of the same. Similar story when May took over.

Tories did not hand majority when Johnson took over. There was also lots of rivals to him and clearly many MPs were against him. I think he has shown everyone why. Already looking totally out of his depth, just like when he was foreign secretary. Jeremy Hunt looked statesman like in comparison. What happened to him btw?

Now I don’t know if this is mischievous tv but is anybody elae watching the Rise of the Naxis?

the chancellor (guess who) has just been introduced as......

- someone who has no interest in detail

- or day to day running of government - who sets his underlings the simple task of dismantling democracy and making him dictator within 6 months......

all within an environment where there is a head of state, an independent judiciary and a parliament.

hmmm....

40 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Now I don’t know if this is mischievous tv but is anybody elae watching the Rise of the Naxis?

the chancellor (guess who) has just been introduced as......

- someone who has no interest in detail

- or day to day running of government - who sets his underlings the simple task of dismantling democracy and making him dictator within 6 months......

all within an environment where there is a head of state, an independent judiciary and a parliament.

hmmm....

Yep. A very casual relationship to parliamentary democracy and to the truth.

42 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

not as flowing as blackford either

That is true.  If the four main speakers Corbyn is by far the worst orator. He just doesn’t have the skills to lead. Unfortunately, he does have the far left beliefs that his trade union paymasters have. 

4 hours ago, bcnram said:

That is true.  If the four main speakers Corbyn is by far the worst orator. He just doesn’t have the skills to lead. Unfortunately, he does have the far left beliefs that his trade union paymasters have. 

He would be a good leader of the NUS, but he is not great as leader of the opposition.I think Swinson is going to show him how to do the job properly

Archived