Graeme Shinnie - Signed on 3 year deal

Ghost of Clough

20 hours ago, David said:

Possibly, to be honest I've never heard of him and was too busy laughing at the scoreline v Kazakhstan to notice him, wouldn't have a clue what type of player he is. 

Have to say though I kinda like these signings, they don't come with any expectation as an established Championship player does, no fee even better. 

I thought it was his brother who played for Birmingham. Didn't realise there is two of them.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

@RamNut there's a few on here that watch Aberdeen quite often, especially @CWC1983 and some of the Aberdeenshire Rams are occasionally dragged along to suffer the Pittodrie pies and Pittodrie seagulls and all the rest!

He runs around a lot like Craig Bryson, maybe a better tackler, but has a beard and a pointy nose and can get in the Scotland team now and again.

Here sing along..........bound to catch on at Pride Park this little belter!

Looks a bit limp wristed to me, on that basis I’m out!

Bryson and Russell weren’t bad signings from North of the border were they. If he has the right attributes, energy good in the tackle and knows the position then I’m for it. 

Hudds has a new contract but wouldn’t rule out him going if it made financial sense. Bradley will probably go unless he takes a big wage cut so signing someone that position makes sense. He’d probably be minimum as good as Johnson and on half the wages.

5 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Just spotted this picture on Twitter of someone at Pride Park today. Looks a lot like him?

92479F4B-92F9-4775-9524-ADE2EB59243A.jpeg

It does. Could well be him, which would line up with the "ITK" poster.

But, this look also isn't exactly uncommon among young men at the moment ? so it's not a certainty.

I think this will be a great signing. My Celtic supporting mate reckons he is awesome and he doesn't often rate players from the SPL unless they play for Celtic.

He also said back in the summer that John McGinn would be a great signing and that Celtic nearly signed him, but wouldn't match his wages. Villa got a bargain there.

A bit more insight from my mate.

He thought he would be the best player to replace Scott Brown (Brown and Shinnie have had big battles in the past).

Says he is a massive competitor, great leader, great passer, better than Kenny McLean at Norwich who played at Aberdeen with him.

Would have him at Celtic in a heartbeat.

I definitely like the idea of him at CDM as opposed to a left back. He’s a good addition for a squad looking to cut down on bodies without losing cover.

How good he is, well, that’s anyone’s guess that hasn’t seen him consistently. Let’s hope that the recruitment team have done their home work. 

Seen a lot of Rangers fans talking about him potentially signing for them as a bit 'meh'. Free and presumably not on massive wages so a bit of a free hit, if he comes in and cements a place then great, if he just fills a gap in the squad then we haven't lost out. Adds depth if nothing else. 

Also, having someone who can play left back and defensive midfield is good cover, especially with how frequently our leftbacks are injured. 

Archived