Graeme Shinnie - Signed on 3 year deal

Ghost of Clough

Couple of our most recent forays north of the border - Russell and Bryson - didn't end too badly so here's hoping for a repeat of that. My only concern is to feel like he is raising the bar - I have no way of knowing if that will happen but I am hoping better eyes than me feel so. I do like the general direction of the signing though, as people have said it fills a gap that has been present for a while. I hoped Butterfield would have filled it - I was more than wrong on that one.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Interesting move to be signing players when we don’t know what division we’re in yet if I’m honest but there we go. Well see you in the summer Graeme either way up!? 

Probably a regular starter if we stay in the Champ.

Probably a decent (and cheap) backup if we get promoted.

Nae risk.

Just now, richinspain said:

Because we allegedly had a soft embargo?

I still have no idea what that meant or even if/when it was officially lifted.....

Is there even such a thing in the EFL rulebook.....I thought that it was fairly binary in that you were either embargoed or not.....

Ah well ?

Seems a good move to me, even in the worst case scenario he could be a decent squad player, best case is he's the type of battling midfielder we could do with.

Anyone come up with any chants yet? The best my untalented self can come up with is Shinnie Happy People.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Probably a regular starter if we stay in the Champ.

Probably a decent (and cheap) backup if we get promoted.

Nae risk.

Yeah I’d go with that, not an costly one either. Johnson replacement I would suspect as competition in the middle of the park, battler that will be good when under the cosh to calm things down and break up play. Less short term and cheaper than Bradley wages wise I’d suspect so makes sense. Good that its all sorted now, see him in pre season

6 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I still have no idea what that meant or even if/when it was officially lifted.....

Is there even such a thing in the EFL rulebook.....I thought that it was fairly binary in that you were either embargoed or not.....

Ah well ?

I hadn't heard of it being lifted either, if it ever existed. From what I understood it meant that the League were scrutinising the accounts and we weren't allowed to sign anyone until it had been lifted.

He's Shinnie the Pooh
Shinnie the Pooh
Cocky little jocky all covered in fluff
He's Shinnie the Pooh

Has it crossed anyone's mind that perhaps he was the one holding the deal up? Even he's admitted that several clubs were after him, Scottish league finished last weekend. 

I think more likely that he was finishing his time at Aberdeen before making a decision, seeing Derby make the playoffs ahead of Bristol (also keen on him) may have convinced him we're the right place for his foreseeable future. 

Either way welcome, he will fill a hole we have lost since Ledley had taken his glorious beard and left. 

When the Shinnie transfer rumour broke, it was stated that Derby expected the 'soft embargo' to be lifted in a week. That was 3 weeks ago. The only reason I can think of why it hasn't been announced publicly is that the EFL want to wind up Pulis and Gibson for the lulz.

7 minutes ago, eddie said:

When the Shinnie transfer rumour broke, it was stated that Derby expected the 'soft embargo' to be lifted in a week. That was 3 weeks ago. The only reason I can think of why it hasn't been announced publicly is that the EFL want to wind up Pulis and Gibson for the lulz.

Every part of me hopes this is true. True banter club

Archived