Doesn’t look like we’re getting a centre back

DCFC27

1 minute ago, Papahet said:

But surely sending defensive cover like Alex Peace out on loan to Millwall, would/should have paved the way for someone else to come in?  It’s amateur to send players out without a potential replacement lined up, especially when you’re currently occupying the top six spots.

I wouldn’t have been against James Bree from Villa before he joined Ipswich earlier today. Was decent at Barnsley, still a good age (21). 

I just don’t understand how a club can sell Hughes, Hendrick, Ince, Vydra and not have a pot to piss in still. Not a penny.

James Bree is a right back 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Papahet said:

But surely sending defensive cover like Alex Peace out on loan to Millwall, would/should have paved the way for someone else to come in?  It’s amateur to send players out without a potential replacement lined up, especially when you’re currently occupying the top six spots.

I wouldn’t have been against James Bree from Villa before he joined Ipswich earlier today. Was decent at Barnsley, still a good age (21). 

I just don’t understand how a club can sell Hughes, Hendrick, Ince, Vydra and not have a pot to piss in still. Not a penny.

Hear what you’re saying with Pearce, but would have only generated a similar level wage player with no fee involved, so debatable whether he should have gone. Don’t know Bree so can’t comment, other than say maybe you’re right.

As for Hughes, Hendrick, Vydra, you missed a bit of Ince profit but I give you Butterfield, Johnson, Lawrence and Waghorn sums plus a good few players signed on big wages. Doubt there is much change.

2 minutes ago, rustylee said:

I didn’t realise how valuable Pearce had been in the first half of the season that 1 minute of championship football he played must have been amazing but I missed it.

It wasn't even a minute he was on the pitch for. He came on for Lawrence after he scored against Reading, they took kick off the ref blew for full time. I don't think it was even a second ?

You do have to wonder how badly we’re struggling with FFP if, having let four players out on loan in the window and having had two cup runs since August, we can’t afford a cover centre-half. 

Saying that, we’re getting Andy King on loan? 

All seems a bit weird to me 

Archived