The pitch

Boycie

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/01/2019 at 09:45, Boycie said:

Do they still use the portable growing lighting rigs that virtually covered half a pitch at once anymore? They weren’t used at the last Supporters Charter Meeting I noticed.

Maybe the expense of the equipment being used isn’t justified compared to results on the pitch? Could it be a benefit also to the away team if our pitch is like a carpet and the best in the league?

Went to the Yard on Sunday and can confirm they was using them lighting rig things.

On 20/01/2019 at 16:45, Donnyram said:

I noticed that the highly rated groundsman Nathan Scarff is no longer at the club having left to join Club Brugge.  Makes you wonder if this has had an impact and also why he left I.e. maybe our investment plans didn’t match what he thought was needed.  Pure speculation and still a great pitch but I must admit I thought it was looking a little more worn than normal.  Anybody know why Scarff left?

I think he was simply looking for a change of environment, a lifestyle choice, His twitter feed since he left has just been occasionally commenting on how much better it is in Belgium than the UK ?. Career wise, he also has the challenge of preparing pitches for Champions League games at Brugge (not many, mind ?).

As for our pitch, we've got some fancy high-tech SIS pitch, and its likely Nathan leaving has had an impact. It's probably different to work with than "normal" pitches, but then he did have a team who you'd expect would have some experience with it. It'll probably return to being a carpet in no time ?.

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/01/2019 at 13:05, StivePesley said:

I noticed the game before last that the penalty spot  at the South Stand end was absent. Or at least you couldn't see it from my spot in the (south) stand

get the bloke on with tape - and paint bucket, when ones awarded - ala BBG...them were days

On 20/01/2019 at 15:47, Boycie said:

I’m not criticising the pitch btw, and yes I do remember the BBG pitch and we are spoilt compared to that.

Can you remember the pitch at Coventry in about 1987 ish? Complete sand, we still beat em though.?

This game? Where Bennett broke his leg on Shilton's head.

Archived