The pitch

Boycie

I was looking at the pitch at half time yesterday and thought it wasn’t looking as good as it had been in previous seasons.

The five yard box of the south stand looked like it was a bit thread bear and all over looked a bit speckled with brown (no pun intended)

The touch line near us SE side was very cut up where what looked like some training drills had been carried out.

Do they still use the portable growing lighting rigs that virtually covered half a pitch at once anymore? They weren’t used at the last Supporters Charter Meeting I noticed.

Maybe the expense of the equipment being used isn’t justified compared to results on the pitch? Could it be a benefit also to the away team if our pitch is like a carpet and the best in the league?

I wonder if we relaid the pitch this pre season after having the hybrid pitch last season? I’ve noticed Talbot Turf are adverting their own hybrid pitches on the side of pitch screens.  They didn’t supply the first hybrid pitch did they.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed that the highly rated groundsman Nathan Scarff is no longer at the club having left to join Club Brugge.  Makes you wonder if this has had an impact and also why he left I.e. maybe our investment plans didn’t match what he thought was needed.  Pure speculation and still a great pitch but I must admit I thought it was looking a little more worn than normal.  Anybody know why Scarff left?

1 minute ago, Donnyram said:

I noticed that the highly rated groundsman Nathan Scarff is no longer at the club having left to join Club Brugge.  Makes you wonder if this has had an impact and also why he left I.e. maybe our investment plans didn’t match what he thought was needed.  Pure speculation and still a great pitch but I must admit I thought it was looking a little more worn than normal.  Anybody know why Scarff left?

I think he went with Bob Hat and Mick Gloves

Worse the season we fell from top to 8th. The pitch was very poor and another reason that led to our collapse considering the style of football we were trying to play.

8 hours ago, Boycie said:

I was looking at the pitch at half time yesterday and thought it wasn’t looking as good as it had been in previous seasons.

The five yard box of the south stand looked like it was a bit thread bear and all over looked a bit speckled with brown (no pun intended)

The touch line near us SE side was very cut up where what looked like some training drills had been carried out.

Do they still use the portable growing lighting rigs that virtually covered half a pitch at once anymore? They weren’t used at the last Supporters Charter Meeting I noticed.

Maybe the expense of the equipment being used isn’t justified compared to results on the pitch? Could it be a benefit also to the away team if our pitch is like a carpet and the best in the league?

I wonder if we relaid the pitch this pre season after having the hybrid pitch last season? I’ve noticed Talbot Turf are adverting their own hybrid pitches on the side of pitch screens.  They didn’t supply the first hybrid pitch did they.

What do you guys think?

wonder what Accrington is going to be like .....bobbly, shitty, bumpy

Archived