Watchable telly

dog

Anyone seen Best Interests on BBC?

Emotional and ethical dilemma as a family has to decide on whether to continue treatment on their teenage daughter.

OMG it’s a tearjerker. Beautifully played out by the family members.

Especially touching for my family.

Don’t watch unless you’re in the right head space.

But it’s brilliant.

Mrs Badger is entirely underwhelmed with Guilt coming off the back of 4 seasons of Fauda and the final one of Succession.

I think it's ok tbf, but it was an incredibly high standard to maintain.

She is eyeing up The Bureau, a French-subtitled series that gets a rather impressive 8.7 on IMDb and also Asylum City which gets 7.7.

Has anybody seen either?

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Mrs Badger is entirely underwhelmed with Guilt coming off the back of 4 seasons of Fauda and the final one of Succession.

I think it's ok tbf, but it was an incredibly high standard to maintain.

She is eyeing up The Bureau, a French-subtitled series that gets a rather impressive 8.7 on IMDb and also Asylum City which gets 7.7.

Has anybody seen either?

I liked The Bureau. It has a similar feel to it to Spiral. 

Not seen Asylum.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I liked The Bureau. It has a similar feel to it to Spiral. 

Not seen Asylum.

I must say that Guilt has stepped up a tad tonight with the end of the first series, but I shall make down The Bureau as having your seal of approval and watch next. If it's even close to Spiral, I shall be delighted.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Just finished watching 'Godless' on Netflix starring our Jack.

Utterly brilliant.

He was good in that. They were due to do some more but that hasn't occurred. Last thing I watched him in was the one he did with Colin Farrell for BBC.  He was not good in that. Surprising, but I think maybe he has a character as an actor that suits him better than others.  

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He was good in that. They were due to do some more but that hasn't occurred. Last thing I watched him in was the one he did with Colin Farrell for BBC.  He was not good in that. Surprising, but I think maybe he has a character as an actor that suits him better than others.  

The whaling /arctic wasteland one? I quite enjoyed that.

Anyone seen The Watcher (Netflix)?

It looks good & with a strong cast including Naomi Watts & Stiffler's mom but I'm 3 episodes in and the warning bells are starting to ring that after a strong start, it might end up being a bit pants by the end - style over substance?

7 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

It looks good & with a strong cast including Naomi Watts & Stiffler's mom but I'm 3 episodes in and the warning bells are starting to ring that after a strong start, it might end up being a bit pants by the end - style over substance?

Oh we watched the first one and then sacked it off because I saw that it was based on a true story, so I looked up the true story and realised that it was going to be a waste of time (no spoilers)

has anyone watched Deadloch on Amazon Prime?

I've heard good things and the trailer made me laugh out loud a couple of times. It looks like a darkly humourous take on the homicide procedural/investigative scandi noir genre, but set in a bleak Tasmanian town rather than a bleak Danish town

This extract from a review gives you an idea

We open with the discovery of a dead body on a beach and a dick joke, when one of the two young women who find the corpse accidentally drops a lit ciggie on his pubic hair

It's next on our list anyway

11 hours ago, Eddie said:

Just finished watching 'Godless' on Netflix starring our Jack.

Utterly brilliant.

Very underrated show. Jack's great. Jeff Daniels is utterly menacing. Incredible to it's it's the same guy from Dumb and Dumber.

Edited by therealhantsram

17 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Oh we watched the first one and then sacked it off because I saw that it was based on a true story, so I looked up the true story and realised that it was going to be a waste of time (no spoilers)

I sat myself through the season hoping for something and was extremely disappointed at the end, won't be watching the second season.

47 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Worst ending since Lost.  Just less painful without the 6 year build up.

43 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

26 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

I sat myself through the season hoping for something and was extremely disappointed at the end, won't be watching the second season.

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Worst ending since Lost.  Just less painful without the 6 year build up.

That's exactly what I'm dreading. It feels like there will be endless twists without a conclusion - escpecially now I've just found out there will be a second season.

Thnaks all, I'll bin it now & save the frustration.

The Change by/starring Bridgette Christie (Channel 4), excellent folksy comedy about a woman who takes a break from her family and rides off to a village in the Forest of Dean to get away from it all for a bit. Not so much about the menopause as the title would suggest, plenty of odd rural characters, rituals etc and bridgette is typically excellent.

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

The Change by/starring Bridgette Christie (Channel 4), excellent folksy comedy about a woman who takes a break from her family and rides off to a village in the Forest of Dean to get away from it all for a bit. Not so much about the menopause as the title would suggest, plenty of odd rural characters, rituals etc and bridgette is typically excellent.

Yep, also enjoyed it. Love quirky comedy like this.

7 hours ago, Wolfie said:

We kept watching it long after we realised it was utter toss (that is to say during the first episode).