Watchable telly

dog

Guys, I think I need help.

I went straight from the end of The Traitors into the US version.

I may not come back from this.

Speaking of The Traitors, how thick were Mollie and Jaz?

All Jaz had to say at the end was, 'If I were a traitor, I'd have voted for the end of the game because I was guaranteed at least half the pot and, in all likelihood, all of it'?

Plank. 

7 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Guys, I think I need help.

I went straight from the end of The Traitors into the US version.

I may not come back from this.

Speaking of The Traitors, how thick were Mollie and Jaz?

All Jaz had to say at the end was, 'If I were a traitor, I'd have voted for the end of the game because I was guaranteed at least half the pot and, in all likelihood, all of it'?

Plank. 

I thought the same about Jaz saying that but I guess he just didn’t think of it at the time rather being particularly thick. I’m not sure Mollie was thick either. I guess, in the heat of the moment, the thought didn’t occur to her either at the time. I surprised myself and quite enjoyed Traitor although I did tend to only half pay attention the first half of each show.

13 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I thought the same about Jaz saying that but I guess he just didn’t think of it at the time rather being particularly thick. I’m not sure Mollie was thick either. I guess, in the heat of the moment, the thought didn’t occur to her either at the time. I surprised myself and quite enjoyed Traitor although I did tend to only half pay attention the first half of each show.

I was joking with the thick comment; I'm pretty sure they'd have been under incredible mental pressure. 

Having said that, Jas suspected Harry for ages (and I think, Andrew) and kept keeping quiet at the round table. Apparently, the normal round tables could go on for 2 or 3 hours, so he had plenty of time and time to think about options before it all started.

Maybe not thick, but. he played the game poorly. And poor Mollie was just smitten by Harry. The worst thing you can do in that kind of situation is to follow your emotions. 

I know this will attract a lot of predictable comments/complaints...

But The Apprentice is back,  and me and the kids will be hooked as always.

Good, amusing family entertainment, not to be taken too seriously. 

Week 1 was cringe TV of the very highest order.

Few idiots and some irritating characters but enough who seem serious to make it interesting.

41 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Few idiots and some irritating characters but enough who seem serious to make it interesting.

I seriously worry about the youth of today when I watch it.  Can’t tell the difference between crumble and breadcrumbs 🤦‍♂️.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

37 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I used to enjoy The Apprentice but I think it’s well past its sell by date now.

20 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Second season of Kin on BBC iPlayer on 13th February I think. For the few of us who haven't already seen it 

Splendid news. And for the people in here (maybe just you and me @ketteringram ) who are upstanding, decent, respectable and honest citizens who don't brazenly and outrageously steal their TV from the poor, impoverished and defenceless TV stations, and haven't seen it already, here is the trailer.

6 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Finally finished Love/Hate last night - utterly outstanding with a great ending.

Choice now of the latest Fargo or True Detective or Mr Bates v The Post Office.

What order would you lot have those three in if you've seen them all?

True Detective series 1

Fargo series 1

Mr Bates.

6 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Finally finished Love/Hate last night - utterly outstanding with a great ending.

Latest Fargo. Great characters.

Just finished episode 6 of The Brothers Sun on Netflix. Not to be taken too seriously and I’m really enjoying it. Some great music along the way.

A bit difficult to describe but briefly it’s about the son of a Taiwanese triad boss who goes to LA, and teams up with his somewhat inept Americanised brother, to protect his mother. 

On 02/02/2024 at 20:00, Chester40 said:

A guilty pleasure of mine. To be honest, I often skip through a lot of the task stuff.

Highlight of the first epiosde was the lad that made an arse of himself by not understanding what refunds were, in the boardroom, and started clapping like they'd won.

On 03/02/2024 at 12:12, Bob The Badger said:

Just onto season 2 of Love/Hate, tremendous viewing.

On 03/02/2024 at 12:55, Bob The Badger said:

Splendid news. And for the people in here (maybe just you and me @ketteringram ) who are upstanding, decent, respectable and honest citizens who don't brazenly and outrageously steal their TV from the poor, impoverished and defenceless TV stations, and haven't seen it already, here is the trailer.

Well worth the wait, season 2 is brilliant (allegedly)

On 02/02/2024 at 20:51, Tamworthram said:

I used to enjoy The Apprentice but I think it’s well past its sell by date now.

It's a bit like Dragon's Den, and things like Big Brother before it. It's eaten itself alive in that there is too much awareness from the contestants on how to game the concept.

Specifically were The Apprentice failed was when it went from a 'job' to an investment - you now have people go through fourteen weeks of tasks and then Alan Sugar chooses to eliminate them because he doesn't like their business proposal, something he could have easily said in week one.

Edited by BaaLocks

Just now, Bob The Badger said:

I thought 2 was maybe the weakest, but 3, 4 and 5 were incredible.

That's interesting. I'm part way through season 3, and think it's a huge drop in quality from 1 and 2.

It's like it's written by a different team or something. I'm not at the stage where I'd bail out of it. I just think it's a big drop off . 

55 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

It's a bit like Dragon's Den, and things like Big Brother before it. It's eaten itself alive in that there is too much awareness from the contestants on how to game the concept.

Specifically were The Apprentice failed was when it went from a 'job' to an investment - you now have people go through fourteen weeks of tasks and then Alan Sugar chooses to eliminate them because he doesn't like their business proposal, something he could have easily said in week one.

Agreed. Easily the best episode is when the Claud etc. are ripping them apart over their business plans.

One of the things that irritates me (apart from Lord Sugar, his lame jokes and the contestants themselves of course) is some of the things they are judged on just to make it "good" entertainment. Is Lord Sugar really going to assess (and potentially eliminate) a candidate just because they're not very good at selling products on a market stall or don't know how to follow a cooking recipe? I try to convince myself that that's all just for the TV programme and the real assessments is done off camera. 🤷‍♀️