v Norwich away (Matchday thread).

Rev

Just now, caymanram said:

Who in their right mind would play Flojo in such an important and tough game after his totally abject performance against the Blades?!?

Because who do you play out there? Holmes is a central midfielder in franks eyes, wilson is better in cm (what we've seen so far) and I don't think Alex Pearce would be useful out there.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Where are those 2pm tantrums that we're used to? ( great line btw @David). Oh well I'll check back later for the 5pm hindsight then. COYR we can do this. 

Worrying isn’t it, I usually feel more confident the more that have tantrums at this time. Starting to think we might only end up with a draw now.

4 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Who in their right mind would play Flojo in such an important and tough game after his totally abject performance against the Blades?!?

Sometimes I think you've just got to stick with players when they've put in bad performances can't keep chopping and changing every week might turn out to be a bad decision or they might come good hopefully the latter COYR.

5 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

Because who do you play out there? Holmes is a central midfielder in franks eyes, wilson is better in cm (what we've seen so far) and I don't think Alex Pearce would be useful out there.

I'd play Holmes there. Even if Frank sees him as a CM it doesn't mean he would be worse than Zoon - in fact it would be very difficult for him to be worse. If I am being honest even Alex Pearce would probably be better - at least he would offer something defensively. Fingers crossed Zoon proves me wrong though and scores a hat trick today.

Fairly pleased with the team selection. The only thing that concerns me is the central midfield being a bit lightweight for an away game would be happier seeing that trio at home when we are on the front foot more.........plenty of attacking potential in there though!

Injuries clearly starting to bite looking at that bench.

These are frank's players. Seven signings plus bogle.

only carson, keogh and wisdom are not his.

He has few options to alter the defence, but to me this could signal the end for huddz, bryson, johnno and pearce.

The mother of all clearouts is coming soon. 

I think the selection of Evans is hugely important and shows Frank is aware that we have a dysfunctional midfield.

The midfield hasn’t offered a screen to the defence or much suppprt to the attack in recent games. Frank clearly sees defensive midfield position as the problem which is fair enough, personally I would have had Hudds here with BJ and Mount in the advanced positions, though neither is ideal.

A new midfielder is important!

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

I think the selection of Evans is hugely important and shows Frank is aware that we have a dysfunctional midfield.

The midfield hasn’t offered a screen to the defence or much suppprt to the attack in recent games. Frank clearly sees defensive midfield position as the problem which is fair enough, personally I would have had Hudds here with BJ and Mount in the advanced positions, though neither is ideal.

Or maybe he thinks a 32 yr old (Huddlestone) can't play 4 full games in 11 days. 

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Maybe bird alongside evans instead of zoon?

1 minute ago, sage said:

Or maybe he thinks a 32 yr old (Huddlestone) can't play 4 full games in 11 days. 

Possibly. And he took a smack to the knee.

But i just have a suspicion that frank wasn't too pleased with him. Apart from that one through ball for wilson, he didn't really offer much.

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Maybe bird alongside evans instead of zoon?

Yeah I’d agree with this, Bird has been on the bench a lot this season, trains with the first team and is highly thought of clearly. Midfield seems to be an issue in his position so why not give him a shot. My only complaint would be maybe not against a team like Norwich but I guess he’d either sink or swim in this kinda match anyway. 

18 minutes ago, RamNut said:

These are frank's players. Seven signings plus bogle.

only carson, keogh and wisdom are not his.

He has few options to alter the defence, but to me this could signal the end for huddz, bryson, johnno and pearce.

The mother of all clearouts is coming soon. 

Could also be a case of the manager managing his squad over the busy festive schedule. I don't think this is conclusive proof that Huddlestone or Bryson are out of our short-term plans. 

11 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I think it’s more that Huddlestone has played a lot of football and it’s squad rotation tbh. 

Huddlestone actually is really important defensively for us, he wins so many headers from set peices and covers Keogh and Tomori quite often. 

Archived