Away game advice please

jono

Apart from the play off final I admit to my embarrassment that I’ve never done an away game but Boxing Day Sheffield sounds like fun and I have a “pass out” 

now, being a calm conservative, greying, east stander this might be a culture shock. ?I’m going to drive and bring my nephew ( allocations permitting) 

any does and dont’s ? .. or is it a case of make as much noise as I can supporting the mighty Rams and go with the flow .. ps anyone want to say hello on the day, I can wear a white carnation and carry a copy of the DET ? 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Relax with pigs in blankets and leftover turkey, while watching the mighty Rams on TV.

Save your away day for a day you can go on the train, drink beer and marvel at the host city architecture, while still getting home at a reasonable time.

57 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Relax with pigs in blankets and leftover turkey, while watching the mighty Rams on TV.

Save your away day for a day you can go on the train, drink beer and marvel at the host city architecture, while still getting home at a reasonable time.

Sacrilege!

@jono, enjoy the festivities with your nephew. The best away days last year were the ones when we were soaring up the league, or otherwise top of the league, at Christmas time and we were belting out ‘White Christmas’. Hopefully it will be a similar situation this year.

It’s a shame you’re driving. Otherwise, I’d recommend getting on the Dark Fruits and having a proper piss-up. Nothing better than belting out songs in the away end whilst slightly intoxicated (without, as @angieram would attest, being an inconsiderate see you next Tuesday).

Not finer way to spend a day than an away day in my eyes. I know some will disagree, but travelling to another club’s home turf with a smallish band of loyal supporters, hoping to come home with 3 points is what it’s all about.

Oh and, outside of the East Stand, we don’t approve of prawn sandwiches.

COYR!

3 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Sacrilege!

@jono, enjoy the festivities with your nephew. The best away days last year were the ones when we were soaring up the league, or otherwise top of the league, at Christmas time and we were belting out ‘White Christmas’. Hopefully it will be a similar situation this year.

It’s a shame you’re driving. Otherwise, I’d recommend getting on the Dark Fruits and having a proper piss-up. Nothing better than belting out songs in the away end whilst slightly intoxicated (without, as @angieram would attest, being an inconsiderate see you next Tuesday).

Not finer way to spend a day than an away day in my eyes. I know some will disagree, but travelling to another club’s home turf with a smallish band of loyal supporters, hoping to come home with 3 points is what it’s all about.

Oh and, outside of the East Stand, we don’t approve of prawn sandwiches.

COYR!

West stand you fool.

East stand we don't approve of not booing!

The only angry reaction I got was from @BurtonRam7, who neither knows or cares that Lidl do a foot long pig in blanket.

Foot long sub, pig in blanket, suitable sauce and recliner settee, job done.

Maybe treat yourself to a blanket too, and a few nibbles and drinks as you wish.

1 hour ago, jono said:

Apart from the play off final I admit to my embarrassment that I’ve never done an away game but Boxing Day Sheffield sounds like fun and I have a “pass out” 

now, being a calm conservative, greying, east stander this might be a culture shock. ?I’m going to drive and bring my nephew ( allocations permitting) 

any does and dont’s ? .. or is it a case of make as much noise as I can supporting the mighty Rams and go with the flow .. ps anyone want to say hello on the day, I can wear a white carnation and carry a copy of the DET ? 

Just get @Angry Ram a shandy and watch out for @Boycie lacing your coca-cola with cognac. Otherwise Enjoy.?

Archived