Who would swap Marriott for Abraham?

MackworthRamIsGod

Had Abraham come he'd have to work as hard as our Jack to get in the team. Love the look of Marriott. Think the Villa game will be crucial as they'll soon be on the charge now they've got a decent manager. 

Two excellent Championship strikers. Better for the club that Jack is ours (rather than having a fourth loan) and if he keeps playing like this we'll benefit massively. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Duracell said:

Height. Think about now many sides play with a lone striker. Can imagine scouts going to many managers in our league and saying they’ve found a gem, only to be totally shot down when the manager finds out he’s 5 foot 6. Half the league wouldn’t even entertain the idea.

Griezmann is one of the world's best strikers and they are about the same height,  any manager who won't sign a striker just becuase of their height is a football neanderthal. 

Marriott's assists look Premier class. He delivers you the ball at perfect pace and spots the pass in a flash. Thought it might be a fluke at first but not so. Much more than an instinctive goal scorer and both feet score powerfully. He looks mega excited to play for us. Already looks a £10 million player. 

22 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Griezmann is one of the world's best strikers and they are about the same height,  any manager who won't sign a striker just becuase of their height is a football neanderthal. 

You can add Aguero, Maradonna, Pele, Rooney, Neymar, Hazard and Keegan to that.

21 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Newsflash - 

Neanderthals 0 - 1 Cromagnons

Australopithicans 1 -  0 Homo erectans

Homo sapiens 3 - 4 Homo habilisians

Homo abilis 8 - 0 Homo floresiensis

Homo heidelbergensis 0 - 0 Homo rudolfensis (heidelberg won on penalties AET

Notts County 1 - 4 Derby County

Update - Rams go top but not much to beat in fairness. You can only win the games that are played.

Next Derby fixture MNF at Pleistocene Park

Rams v Homo denisovans

(all ticket, see website for ticket enquiries or contact Lucy if you have a bone to pick) ???

58 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I agree. However that’s how many managers think.

1 hour ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

JM has shown more than just score goals, his link up play, vision and hard work is as good as, if not better than any tall striker in this division. The little chest lay off to start the attack for the first shot in the second half is exactly what im talking about

9 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Is that fact or rumour? Remembering that Sterling was only on £35k a week when he was at Liverpool it's hard to tie those two together.

Definitely not a fact and I can’t remember the article I read(early onset dementia)that quoted 55K.

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/196604-tammy/&

Suggesting 40-50k at Bristol City?

It’s a fair enough question, that I’m sure would have got an entirely different set of responses before the season started.

Other than height, I can’t think of any real attributes Abraham has over Marriott. Jack on the other hand, looks more a team worker for me and as others say he’s ours.

No real debate for me, Marriott all day long.

7 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Not a chance,I’d swap him.

The figure I saw quoted was 55k a week in wages.

That was the week after Villa couldn’t afford to pay the person who cleans the toilets.

Apparently Marriott is on 18k a week according to Peterborough chairman on twitter commenting on Jack today. 

Bargain compared to Abraham. 

Archived