We could have the pick of the litter in January

MackworthRamIsGod

With Steve Mac, they biggest plus was his contacts, we managed to attract Ince and Lingaard on loan as well as George Thorne, premier league managers clearly trusted him.

Under Frank I do think we are one step better, surely premier league managers will be looking at the way Mount, Wilson and Tomori are playing, the type of football we are playing, not to mention that display against Man United and will be wanting their up and coming youngsters to get a taste of the action.

Fulham gave themselves a very good chance of achieving promotion when they managed to get Mitrovic on loan in Jan (ok not a youngster), but I do think if Frank wants to improve on what we have already he could probably pick who he wants from a very good pool of players.

For once I honestly think the second half of this season after christmas will be even better than the first half.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

With Steve Mac, they biggest plus was his contacts, we managed to attract Ince and Lingaard on loan as well as George Thorne, premier league managers clearly trusted him.

Under Frank I do think we are one step better, surely premier league managers will be looking at the way Mount, Wilson and Tomori are playing, the type of football we are playing, not to mention that display against Man United and will be wanting their up and coming youngsters to get a taste of the action.

Fulham gave themselves a very good chance of achieving promotion when they managed to get Mitrovic on loan in Jan (ok not a youngster), but I do think if Frank wants to improve on what we have already he could probably pick who he wants from a very good pool of players.

For once I honestly think the second half of this season after christmas will be even better than the first half.

Completely agree, can’t think of any top flight manager who wouldn’t want one of their young players to go play at Derby at moment. As for the player himself, who wouldn’t want to come here either - the type of football we trying to play, the likes of Mount, Wilson & Tomori already here, not to mention playing for Frank Lampard himself!!! Wow, when I was in my prime (many years ago!!) given the opportunity I’d have given anything to be a player at our club at this moment in time. And, yes, we’ll be flying coming the second half of the season. Frank doesn’t do failure. 

43 minutes ago, sage said:

I would be happy to have 1 more loan but only if it is someone who would significantly improve the starting 11.

This!

Improving what we have will be difficult as it would mean bringing in a very talented player who is a cut above the player they are due to replace. 

I'd imagine a loan would be the only way to improve the side, as a transfer to make this improvement would be very expensive.

At this moment it looks like theres a few positions we could still strengthen quite a bit. But if its a loan they would have to be significantly better than what we have.

As much as a love Bogle and i think he will be a good player going forward .. a real quality attacking right back is where i would start.

36 minutes ago, northantsram said:

At this moment it looks like theres a few positions we could still strengthen quite a bit. But if its a loan they would have to be significantly better than what we have.

As much as a love Bogle and i think he will be a good player going forward .. a real quality attacking right back is where i would start.

With a player of the quality of Davies waiting to come back, I'd love to see what Tomori could make of the right back position. We had a little look, with that run down the left wing against WBA and that was on his wrong side. 

12 minutes ago, SuperFrankieL said:

Yeah, it would have to be a Prem level player.

Yes, the level I would want, would be extremely difficult to get and would probably rely on their parent clubs purchasing another player to push them down the pecking order. I talking the likes of Hudson-Odoi, Solanke and Foden.   

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

With a player of the quality of Davies waiting to come back, I'd love to see what Tomori could make of the right back position. We had a little look, with that run down the left wing against WBA and that was on his wrong side. 

Would that make him a false left back?

By the end of January the problem with taking the likes of Foden or other players of that ilk, will be their lack of games thus fitness. They aren’t quite good enough for first team but are too good for the reserves. So spend lots of time on the bench, our style requires maximum fitness so would struggle to fit in. The ones it would be worth trying for are the prem teams with too many premier league players in a particular position. For example Chelsea have too many attacking midfield players so Loftus Cheek isn’t getting much of a look in. He’s obviously not going to drop down to our level but there must be some who might. Again they will lack fitness but their pure skill will get them through until they are up to speed 

3 hours ago, Doodle said:

By the end of January the problem with taking the likes of Foden or other players of that ilk, will be their lack of games thus fitness. They aren’t quite good enough for first team but are too good for the reserves. So spend lots of time on the bench, our style requires maximum fitness so would struggle to fit in. The ones it would be worth trying for are the prem teams with too many premier league players in a particular position. For example Chelsea have too many attacking midfield players so Loftus Cheek isn’t getting much of a look in. He’s obviously not going to drop down to our level but there must be some who might. Again they will lack fitness but their pure skill will get them through until they are up to speed 

Someone of the quality of Loftus-Cheek would be amazing, admittedly a massive long-shot but with Frank & Jodie in charge you never know. So positive at the moment nothing is impossible ?

Archived