Jody Morris

RiddingsRam

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you get this information from the same place we found out that Kevin Phillips is useless? ?

Seriously though, he deserves plenty of plaudits as well. Clearly a talented bloke who seems to be giving us his all. His youth record only reinforces how good he must be tactically. Noticed the other day he tweeted about our U18s winning. Doubt many assistant managers would have even acknowledged it. I like that a very successful ex-youth coach appears to be taking an interest in our academy, when it’s probably not even in his job description. The longer we can hold onto Frank and Jody, the better. We’re in good hands. 

The way that Frank and Jody have embraced the whole club top to bottom seems to be just what Mels been looking for in terms of the embodiment of the "Derby Way".

Ok,  we realise their ambitions will probably take them on elsewhere but look at how they're building something that will endure beyond the pair of them. That's true leadership and very rare in any walk of life.

Hope they're here for a little while yet mind!  ?

9 hours ago, HantsRam said:

The way that Frank and Jody have embraced the whole club top to bottom seems to be just what Mels been looking for in terms of the embodiment of the "Derby Way".

Ok,  we realise their ambitions will probably take them on elsewhere but look at how they're building something that will endure beyond the pair of them. That's true leadership and very rare in any walk of life.

Hope they're here for a little while yet mind!  ?

I realised, we should all be supporting Chelsea this season. As long as Sari brings hike the bacon for them in terms of trophies and things, they’ll not have an excuse to sack him. If they never sack him, they’ll never need to come knocking on frank’s door. 

So ‘c’mon Chelsea, sari’s your man, you’ve found your manager for life.’

Quite agree with all comments above,also noticed Mel not quite in the fore of things as he has been in the past.Wonder if this is from experience learnt from the past or The fact Frank ,Jodie and the players are expressing themselves in and off the pitch.

Long may it continue

24 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Quite agree with all comments above,also noticed Mel not quite in the fore of things as he has been in the past.Wonder if this is from experience learnt from the past or The fact Frank ,Jodie and the players are expressing themselves in and off the pitch.

Long may it continue

He probably realises he doesn't need to get involved. Even when we were winning under Rowett/Clement we didn't look particularly great giving Mel a reason to step in. 

That plus the media loves us right now, Mel has always had a bad rep in the papers for interfering, better to keep things quiet. 

I'd hazard a guess that we wouldn't be anywhere near where we are in our development if it wasn't for Jody. Inspired hire by Frank and Mel and the perfect foil that both allows Frank to get away from the 'training pitch' and be a manager as well as giving the players someone they can trust. All speculation of course but that's the way it looks to me.

What bets that in about 2025 Jody decides he's had enough of being number two and wants to step out of Frank's shadow (who is now regarded as one of the top managers in the country). Jody goes off to manage Coventry / Bolton / QPR and lasts less than a season.

Bump this thread when it happens....

What I'm interested in knowing is how long ago did Frank plan all this?  I know many pundits have been saying for years that he'd make a good manager, but it seems like he's been thinking about how he'd like his team to play for ages even though he only got his coaching qualifications earlier this year (perhaps it was a breeze for him?) and I know he's got more qualifications to earn (before he can take us into the Champions League!!!).  But right from the start at Derby, it's clear that he knows exactly how to set a team up and it seems like he already had a good idea of the players he wanted - obviously he was aware of Mount & Tomori, but it seems like he already had a few others in mind.  I can imagine he's been planning this for years - and the reason I'm posting this in a thread about Jody is that I'm also wandering how long these two have been planning on working together?

Whatever, the pair of them are certainly the real deal in what's looking like an incredibly tight league this year.  I'm so impressed by the way they've brought out the best in some players many thought had passed their sell by date at Derby (Bryson & Forsyth), the way they're bringing academy players in and most if not all of the new signings look spot on too.   I predict automatic promotion!!!

I was talking to a friend about this the other day...Frank is getting a lot of praise (rightly so) but Jody seems to be going under the radar. you only have to take 1 look at their chemistry on the sideline to realise our recent success is down to them as a pair, it seems as though every decision is made by them together,  maybe the odd "Jody.. give us a wave" wouldn't go a miss 

Interesting to note that Stoke fans thought Rowett was a breath of fresh air prior to the start of the new season. Part of the new breed of up and coming managers . A welcome relief from Pulis and Hughes they were saying along with many other compliments. They thought they'd pulled off a real coup.

It just reminds us that this is a results based business and Frank and Jodie will be lauded as long as they do well. 

Frank has personality and charisma in buckets. He is a natural leader but doesn't know it all and recognised early that he needed a right hand man and Jodie has proven an excellent choice.

The pair of them with Frank out front, clearly proud to be the new face of DCFC are a force to be reckoned with.

We are all feeling the stirrings of something, things are being whispered in workplaces and pubs in every corner of Derbyshire. 

Could this be the return of the messiah.

Only have to see how free scoring our academies are now regarding the culture of our club..... Jodys Chelsea academy side averaged 3 goals a game for three years 

I think I've wrote this before but I think Frank is a Ferguson and Klopp-type manager, a guy who has a vision of how he wants to play but puts the right people under him to achieve it.

Ferguson relied on his coaches to do the training, spending a lot of his time in the offices overlooking the sessions, leaving the finer details to the likes of McClaren and Meulensteen. Klopp had Buvac who was considered the quiet brains of the duo till he recently left.

I think Frank is the perfect balance to Morris no-nonsense ball busting approach, being the inspirational leader and knowing on a personality level on what buttons to press or if a player needs an arm around the shoulder. I think Jody doesn't have the aspiration to be the "face" of a team, on cameras and on RamsTV he seems to be the type of guy who would rather be somewhere else. I think he's a pure football man, finding joy in the tactics on the grass rather than micromanaging media, diet, etc.

We definitely wouldn't be the same team without Jody for sure. 

25 minutes ago, johnnymw said:

What I'm interested in knowing is how long ago did Frank plan all this?  I know many pundits have been saying for years that he'd make a good manager, but it seems like he's been thinking about how he'd like his team to play for ages even though he only got his coaching qualifications earlier this year (perhaps it was a breeze for him?) and I know he's got more qualifications to earn (before he can take us into the Champions League!!!).  But right from the start at Derby, it's clear that he knows exactly how to set a team up and it seems like he already had a good idea of the players he wanted - obviously he was aware of Mount & Tomori, but it seems like he already had a few others in mind.  I can imagine he's been planning this for years - and the reason I'm posting this in a thread about Jody is that I'm also wandering how long these two have been planning on working together?

Whatever, the pair of them are certainly the real deal in what's looking like an incredibly tight league this year.  I'm so impressed by the way they've brought out the best in some players many thought had passed their sell by date at Derby (Bryson & Forsyth), the way they're bringing academy players in and most if not all of the new signings look spot on too.   I predict automatic promotion!!!

Years.

Both he and Chris Jones said as much in their early interviews. They've been planning on working together for years. 

7 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Only have to see how free scoring our academies are now regarding the culture of our club..... Jodys Chelsea academy side averaged 3 goals a game for three years 

I'm not sure of the exact working relationship between Frank, Jody & Darren Wassall regarding the academy but I am pretty sure Darren Wassall deserves a lot of praise for how the youngsters are doing.

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Years.

Both he and Chris Jones said as much in their early interviews. They've been planning on working together for years. 

Thought so.  I also imagine that a top Championship side was always his first target.

12 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Seem to have a thread on everyone else at the moment so why not Jody . All suspicion and no actual fact but I think Jody has a fair more sway on the tactical side than we give him credit for . I think he has a lot of influence on Frank's decisions ? 

I like him, you can tell he’s a really well behaved nutter.

He looks like he constantly fighting his urge to run on the pitch.

You can tell he cares about and has got a passion for the job.

I bet he’s a nightmare when he kicks off.

Hated him as a player, seem to remember something kicking off with him at PP either when he was at Chelsea or Millwall. Dirty little so and so etc.

BUT, I absolutely love him now. He might be my new Chris Martin figure. Probably the best appointment we made this summer. Most importantly he’s a character, which is underrated in today’s game, and that is starting to rub off onto the players.

I hope he will be here for a long long time, but there will unfortunately always be that expectation that they all will leave when Chelsea come calling. The only thing we can do is keep the place tidy and give them lots of compliments and hope they get Stockholm Syndrome.

4 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm not sure of the exact working relationship between Frank, Jody & Darren Wassall regarding the academy but I am pretty sure Darren Wassall deserves a lot of praise for how the youngsters are doing.

I noticed last season when watching the u23's, that they didn't play the Rowett ball style of play, which seemed strange at the time. The style of play now seems to run right through the club. 

5 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I noticed last season when watching the u23's, that they didn't play the Rowett ball style of play, which seemed strange at the time. The style of play now seems to run right through the club. 

Might explain how it is that some of our young lads can now fit into the first team squad.

I think that is really all Mel Morris was talking about with his catastrophically misused "Derby Way" schtick.......?

Archived