Jody Morris

RiddingsRam

5 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm not sure of the exact working relationship between Frank, Jody & Darren Wassall regarding the academy but I am pretty sure Darren Wassall deserves a lot of praise for how the youngsters are doing.

Of course he does..... 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I picked up on something Darren Bent said on Sky this afternoon. He said everything was good at Derby and the coaches want to actually coach the players. Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t that what they all should do?

Sideways swipe at the GR regime?

On 26/10/2018 at 11:14, BaaLocks said:

I'd hazard a guess that we wouldn't be anywhere near where we are in our development if it wasn't for Jody. Inspired hire by Frank and Mel and the perfect foil that both allows Frank to get away from the 'training pitch' and be a manager as well as giving the players someone they can trust. All speculation of course but that's the way it looks to me.

What bets that in about 2025 Jody decides he's had enough of being number two and wants to step out of Frank's shadow (who is now regarded as one of the top managers in the country). Jody goes off to manage Coventry / Bolton / QPR and lasts less than a season.

Bump this thread when it happens....

This forum won’t be around in 2025, there will be a new one. 

franklampardsdcfcfans.co.uk

Where was BC without Peter Taylor? Leeds for only 44 days.

Where was PT without Brian Clough? Brighton.

What happened at Forest when PT rejoined BC?  Unfortunately, quite a few miracles.

Football's a team game in every sense of the word.

This won't have been overlooked by our new Clough/Taylor pair.

Nor by our Chairman, on whose relationship with Frank I suspect Frank's longevity with us rests. Frank might just think that Mel is a better Chairman and Owner for his and Jody's aspirations than whoever owns Chelsea and sits on its Board calling the shots.

We fans too have a role in keeping Frank and Jody and co here - to attend matches, and support vociferously whatever happens on the pitch because we clearly have a brilliant management team playing real football which is entertaining and with the potential to be very successful.

It's a funny old game.

A bit like life.

Did anyone notice Jody's asides to Frank and facial expressions last night? Slightly worrying?

Was it Shay Given and not Jody who was giving instructions to our substitutes before they came on.

Was Jody even sitting nest to Frank?

Can't have been easy for Jody given what HE achieved for Chelsea, to see and hear the Frank love-in.

We can only guess at the Frank-Jody relationship, but maybe we should start singing 'Frank and Jody, the new Clough and Taylor'?

4 minutes ago, Half fan said:

Did anyone notice Jody's asides to Frank and facial expressions last night? Slightly worrying?

Was it Shay Given and not Jody who was giving instructions to our substitutes before they came on.

Can't have been easy for Jody given what HE achieved for Chelsea, to see and hear the Frank love-in.

We can only guess at the Frank-Jody relationship, but maybe we should start singing 'Frank and Jody, the new Clough and Taylor'?

I tweeted Jody with a link to this thread just so he knows we're thinking of him. ❤️

25 minutes ago, Half fan said:

Shay Given is always giving the defensive instructions to substitutes with the folders, if you watch any previous match this has been the case since the start of the season. 

I think Jody was frustrated with the way the game was going, he's clearly a perfectionist and a winner.

Let's not read to much into every little gesture or non gesture made by our 'management team'. I am sure as others as have said he was just frustrated at what easily on another day could have been a fantastic victory.  

This just shows how far we have come in such a short space of time, we are now disappointed at not beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

40 minutes ago, Shang said:

Shay Given is always giving the defensive instructions to substitutes with the folders, if you watch any previous match this has been the case since the start of the season. 

I think Jody was frustrated with the way the game was going, he's clearly a perfectionist and a winner.

Didn't see any close ups with Jody, being at the game. At the end, Frank was trying to get the Derby fans to sing for Derby not him, indicating it was a big team effort of players and staff, but disappointingly the fans kept singing Super Frankie Lampard. So Frank gave up, but I'm sure Jody knows how much he is valued. 

When Shay came he specifically said he didn't want to come "just" as a goalkeeping coach but to be involved in the outfield stuff. And that goalkeepers have to be outfield players in the modern game. You're absolutely right he's the one who does the weird final thing with the subs, going through the notebooks to confuse them before they take to the field. 

On 27/10/2018 at 22:12, Gritters said:

I picked up on something Darren Bent said on Sky this afternoon. He said everything was good at Derby and the coaches want to actually coach the players. Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t that what they all should do?

A lot of managers just organise teams and work on nullifying the opposition tactically rather than doing anything to actually improve the players.

On 26 October 2018 at 11:28, dave126 said:

Frank is getting a lot of praise (rightly so) but Jody seems to be going under the radar. 

He's only 5 foot 4 

Archived