V Middlesbrough (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, McLovin said:

Next season we won’t have Mount, Wilson or Tomori. Davies, Keogh, Huddlestone, Bryson and co will be another year into their 30s. There’s also no stand out team in this league this year

Yes there is. Its called Derby County but we simply haven't stood out till now. But we will, lad, we will!

2 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Yes there is. Its called Derby County but we simply haven't stood out till now. But we will, lad, we will!

We will have the pick of the next crop of youngsters. Plus Wilson and Tomori will not be good enough for their parent teams by then and Mount probably won’t be either. We could get at least 2 of them back and give short term contracts to any of the others. As long as we play good football and as long as we have Frank, Jody et el. We will be the go to club for young, exciting footballers 

I don’t know why people are worrying about next season when this one hasn’t even finished. 

I hadn’t even heard of Mount or Wilson until they signed for us. 

There will be other gems IF we don’t get promoted but what I’ve seen so far since this team gelled is that we COULD be chasing for automatic promotion if we carry on with these performances. 

We ran out of steam today which is understandable. You can only blame the twits who put the fixtures together t like they did. 

Imagine watching that each week ? that’s what we’d have if the snake stayed.

Anyway we now have Frank and thank god for that, the 1st half performance was wonderful today. Shame we weren’t more clinical but that will come. Absolutely no one to fear in this league, we’ll get stronger and better. Can’t wait for Wednesday already COYR ?

1 hour ago, ramboy63 said:

You would of taken 7 out of 9 points all day long i thought 5 at best so massive bonus and well done to the lads

However when your one up especially against a team who are going to be there or there abouts and in the last throws of a game you need to see the game out,its what makes the difference between teams who are top six and those who are not,bit sloppy in the end but no blame on Bogle he will go again

Regarding the Bogle own goal. Yes, sloppy, but probably came out of fatigue as much as anything. These things happen in football. Players never do these things deliberately.

However, can’t help thinking how many fans would have crucified Fozzy or even Malone if it was their mistake instead. The former particularly. ?

1 hour ago, ramboy63 said:

You would of taken 7 out of 9 points all day long i thought 5 at best so massive bonus and well done to the lads

However when your one up especially against a team who are going to be there or there abouts and in the last throws of a game you need to see the game out,its what makes the difference between teams who are top six and those who are not,bit sloppy in the end but no blame on Bogle he will go again

Not so long ago we may have buckled after conceding that goal and would have turned it into the Alamo. 

As it was we played out the last ten minutes superbly. Boro didn’t manage another chance and we did

Sign of a good team in my book and not something we have seen at derby in a long time 

Well I was supposed to be a wedding and shouldn't have seen any of this match, but managed to escape and saw the second half, plus highlights of the first 30 minutes, in which we looked awesome! At the start of the season, I reckon most people would think that 3 points from games against the top 3 sides in the division would be good, but we have gone and got ourselves 7 points, and outplayed all of them. Fantastic!!

We had little expectation from the trip to Middlesborough because of past history, but two of those visits were under the leadership of Stevie Mac, who always seemed to dish up a wishy-washy performance from his team against his former employers, for some strange reason. And then there was some manager with snake-like tendencies, as well. So to go and smash them for the fits 20 minutes is very refreshing. Lampard seems to have the Brian Clough attitude of "let them worry about us" - brilliant!

That Middlesborough came back into the game was a combination of a tactical change, plus tired legs and minds after the exertions of the previous two games, and actually perfectly understandable. However, I wasn't surprised that Nuge missed that sitter. I have watched him go from club to club, and even at his peak he needed about 5 or 6 opportunities to get a goal, and although he has scored with his first chance at times for the Rams, his stats have remained pretty much the same. Shame, we could have done with that goal!

And Jayden, don't worry lad. He does make mistakes, and sometimes doesn't stop crosses from coming in, but overall has been excellent. He just showed that he is an 18-year old who has been thrust very quickly into the limelight, and got his legs on the wrong feet today. Probably an indication of the mental fatigue the players were under by then. But it didn't seem to affect him, judging by how he carried on playing his way out of defence, and still being willing to take his man on.

It is also quite astounding that despite 'Boro having more of the ball for a lot of the game, they didn't have a single shot on target. Partly because they are poor, but also an indication, maybe, that we are beginning to come tot terms with "up and under" thug football. Brilliant, if true. And we have just had 38 shots in two away games against two of the top teams, one which having the best defence in the division.

The future is bright. The future is Derby County!

As someone who has been a STH for over 50 years and lived through the BC glory years as well as two 1st Division Championships I must say that the first 30 minutes today took me back to the football played by the Clough team that won the 2nd Division Championship. I know the memory fades but it’s a long time since I’ve been so impressed by a Rams team.....the football was absolutely brilliant and let’s hope it continues for the rest of the season. Coyr

24 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Well I was supposed to be a wedding and shouldn't have seen any of this match, but managed to escape and saw the second half, plus highlights of the first 30 minutes, in which we looked awesome! At the start of the season, I reckon most people would think that 3 points from games against the top 3 sides in the division would be good, but we have gone and got ourselves 7 points, and outplayed all of them. Fantastic!!

We had little expectation from the trip to Middlesborough because of past history, but two of those visits were under the leadership of Stevie Mac, who always seemed to dish up a wishy-washy performance from his team against his former employers, for some strange reason. And then there was some manager with snake-like tendencies, as well. So to go and smash them for the fits 20 minutes is very refreshing. Lampard seems to have the Brian Clough attitude of "let them worry about us" - brilliant!

That Middlesborough came back into the game was a combination of a tactical change, plus tired legs and minds after the exertions of the previous two games, and actually perfectly understandable. However, I wasn't surprised that Nuge missed that sitter. I have watched him go from club to club, and even at his peak he needed about 5 or 6 opportunities to get a goal, and although he has scored with his first chance at times for the Rams, his stats have remained pretty much the same. Shame, we could have done with that goal!

And Jayden, don't worry lad. He does make mistakes, and sometimes doesn't stop crosses from coming in, but overall has been excellent. He just showed that he is an 18-year old who has been thrust very quickly into the limelight, and got his legs on the wrong feet today. Probably an indication of the mental fatigue the players were under by then. But it didn't seem to affect him, judging by how he carried on playing his way out of defence, and still being willing to take his man on.

It is also quite astounding that despite 'Boro having more of the ball for a lot of the game, they didn't have a single shot on target. Partly because they are poor, but also an indication, maybe, that we are beginning to come tot terms with "up and under" thug football. Brilliant, if true. And we have just had 38 shots in two away games against two of the top teams, one which having the best defence in the division.

The future is bright. The future is Derby County!

What about the ref?

As much as I am disappointed that we didn't get the win , if we play like that every game we will 70% of the time and get promoted and 7 points from 3 of the best teams in the league is a great return.  Birmingham will be another hard game next Saturday but one I think we should win, the next few games are pretty winnable so hopefully we get as many points as possible.

3 hours ago, Chester40 said:

In spirit of a great week..

Thought Pulis was classy on Sky. His team have just gone top! Yet he was talking about how good we were...could easily have been lot more defensive in his answers - at least if not his play.

Prutton was very positive about us again...always liked him as a co- commentator and he was more than fair both games.

Bent... nice lad. But he is a bit of a nothing on analysis isnt he. Insight into Derby dressing room aside as a neutral he is rubbish.

Ref... offside for their goal was debatable and not his call anyway. Let tackles go...good solid game. 

Says a lot that such an awful team as Boro are top in such a competitive league. I know we weren’t exactly exciting when we went up with Billy Davies but Boro take boring to another level completely.

Shows how gd organization and a resolute defence can bring you success in the Championship. Obviously we all love the football we are playing right now but ultimately there’s only one real, true measure of success and that’s getting out of this league and into the Premiership.

Last Saturday morning we’d have taken 7 points from the next 3 games, the fact that there’s a tinge of disappointment tonight is a reflection of the path that we are on. FL’s subdued post match interview is designed to send a message to the team, and the opposition, that there’s more to come, we aren’t satisfied with two wins & a draw and we are setting the bar much much higher. There’s more to come and the rest need to watch out coz we aren’t settling for second best. COYR. ???

Archived