It's time to show confidence

jimbobram

I'm not talking about the players, i'm talking about YOU...ME...US...THE FANS!!

We've pondered a lot over the last couple of weeks about playing 3 at the back, who to play centre back, who to play up front...but we are doing just fine.

Lamps and the boys are showing us some of the best football we've seen in a long, long time. Since Mac 1 in fact, AND against the likes of West Brom who will be up there at the end of the season. It took some time to gel, to get away from poo housing football, to attractive, pressing football but we are there. 

Its time for other teams to worry about us and not the other way around. No need for 3 at the backand to be scared of their attackers when our attackers are the ones to be scared off. We have a quality squad, no matter who gets picked, they have bought into the FL style and all seem more than capable of stepping up when needed. Im so happy right now.  ?

Up the Rams!!!!!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Its time for other teams to worry about us and not the other way around

Exactly, love this about FL. We go away to West Brom and does he change the team or tactics to compensate? No way, we go to their back yard and take them on toe-to-toe. Best form of defence is attack. They look at our team sheet and we on the front foot psychologically before we’ve even started, their players must have looked at our team sheet and thought ‘oh poo’ they’ve come here meaning business!! So positive, so refreshing & so much more encouraging than recent years. WE ARE DERBY!!! COYR ?

22 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Please god, no. I like this humble, realistic atmosphere. Confidence breeds arrogance breeds entitlement. We’ve been there and it ain’t pretty.

Lets keep it classy like the gaffer. Just enjoy the ride. 

What’s arrogant about having belief in ourselves and in the team? My point is we should have more confidence we have the quality and ability to beat anyone rather than worry about their attacking ability and changing what works for us. It’s not arrogance it’s confidence 

3 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

What’s arrogant about having belief in ourselves and in the team? My point is we should have more confidence we have the quality and ability to beat anyone rather than worry about their attacking ability and changing what works for us. It’s not arrogance it’s confidence 

? I seem to remember a certain manager in our distant past had exactly this philosophy and he didn’t seem to do too bad for us!!!!

I think we'll be lucky to get owt at Boro. Pulis is the master at stopping footballing teams, but its a great time to go there with 6 points in the bag from the most difficult run of 3 games so far.

Its going to be a great season folks and like the OP says, let the other teams worry about us!

17 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

That's great if it stopped there but then people expect certain things all the time and wins need to be perfect, draws are disgusting and defeats are met with "No passion, not fit to wear the shirt" stuff. Start booing 0-0 draws.

It is a shame though. But it's true. That's why everyone and everything from that fun Mac 1 time was called a failure by so many. And why it was quickly forgotten where Mac picked us up from the 2nd time as people demanded the play offs. 

I'm in the middle here. Hate the sackcloth and ashes routine but I'm also mindful that we've got Villa, Boro, the Wendies and Snakey's new outfit to come over the next 3-4 weeks. With the added workload created by our cup runs I fear there'll be some weary legs out there at some point. What I'd really love to see is us lot remaining staunch should a lull occur as over 46 games there are inevitably going to be a fews dips in form. That said, I'm loving where we're at right now and especially so given how we're trying to play the game. As a perennial happy-clapper I'm already dreaming of a glorious season, in truth I have been since Frank pitched up, so I'll accept 'the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune' and I really hope others will too. COYR

19 minutes ago, Alpha said:

That's great if it stopped there but then people expect certain things all the time and wins need to be perfect, draws are disgusting and defeats are met with "No passion, not fit to wear the shirt" stuff. Start booing 0-0 draws.

It is a shame though. But it's true. That's why everyone and everything from that fun Mac 1 time was called a failure by so many. And why it was quickly forgotten where Mac picked us up from the 2nd time as people demanded the play offs. 

People can change people. Chelsea have confidence. Frank Lampard has confidence. Derby County can have confidence.

I'm in danger of going back to having a very big soft spot for you lot and it's all down to Frank.

Whoever listened to his post match couldn't fail to trust him to keep everyone on their toes player and staff wise. Winning 4-1 but nearly begrudging with his praise.

That's his job.

As a fan it's not yours.

Yours is to totally lose your mind. To get excited, to get back any of the passion you lost last season (not a bad season by any stretch mind you). Your job is to try to carry the team on a wave of enthusiasm and positivity.

You've just beaten top of the league and then a team who had  scored twenty in five at home. In case your maths isn't great, that means they average four goals a game on their patch and you smashed them all over the park.

You're doing it with a style that's pleasing on the eye and you're doing it with a couple of kids in the side as well (granted it's not Hughes and Hendrick from the academy but still). The only danger I guess is losing one or two of the loanees in January, but that's months away and again not for fans to worry about.

A point at Boro to keep the confidence high would be a cracking result.

If you're not getting carried away on a wave of optimism right now, why not?

Let's yourselves go, it'll make the season a lot more enjoyable.

7 hours ago, 86 points said:

I'm in the middle here. Hate the sackcloth and ashes routine but I'm also mindful that we've got Villa, Boro, the Wendies and Snakey's new outfit to come over the next 3-4 weeks. With the added workload created by our cup runs I fear there'll be some weary legs out there at some point. What I'd really love to see is us lot remaining staunch should a lull occur as over 46 games there are inevitably going to be a fews dips in form. That said, I'm loving where we're at right now and especially so given how we're trying to play the game. As a perennial happy-clapper I'm already dreaming of a glorious season, in truth I have been since Frank pitched up, so I'll accept 'the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune' and I really hope others will too. COYR

From what I’ve seen in the last 2 games were better off playing the “big” sides. If teams try to open up and play against us we will punish them. Our weakness is still and always has been against teams who are happy to sit in for a point from kick off.

Confidence, hope, optimism, and resilience. I'll share the traits of psychological capital elsewhere, but not when supporting Derby. I ain't that stupid... we know it's a rollercoaster ride, always has been. Enjoy the highs and survive the lows, may the better times be long this time.

4 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

I'm in danger of going back to having a very big soft spot for you lot and it's all down to Frank.

Whoever listened to his post match couldn't fail to trust him to keep everyone on their toes player and staff wise. Winning 4-1 but nearly begrudging with his praise.

That's his job.

As a fan it's not yours.

Yours is to totally lose your mind. To get excited, to get back any of the passion you lost last season (not a bad season by any stretch mind you). Your job is to try to carry the team on a wave of enthusiasm and positivity.

You've just beaten top of the league and then a team who had  scored twenty in five at home. In case your maths isn't great, that means they average four goals a game on their patch and you smashed them all over the park.

You're doing it with a style that's pleasing on the eye and you're doing it with a couple of kids in the side as well (granted it's not Hughes and Hendrick from the academy but still). The only danger I guess is losing one or two of the loanees in January, but that's months away and again not for fans to worry about.

A point at Boro to keep the confidence high would be a cracking result.

If you're not getting carried away on a wave of optimism right now, why not?

Let's yourselves go, it'll make the season a lot more enjoyable.

Good post!

The emergence of Bogle from nowhere is one of the highlights of the season. Like the two you mention he will end up in the Prem

3 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

From what I’ve seen in the last 2 games were better off playing the “big” sides. If teams try to open up and play against us we will punish them. Our weakness is still and always has been against teams who are happy to sit in for a point from kick off.

I'd argue that that's a premature assumption under the new management. I think last night Frank played his best 11. I think Fozzy and Malone remain somewhat interchangeable but there's no arguing that we look a different side with WIlson and Mount paired up and Tom Lawrence seems to be finding his stride too. Chuck in a rejuvenated Thud to pick the passes and I'd fancy that any team still looking to concede all the possession to us on the off-chance we'll not create openings might as easily find themselves being dismantled as securing a draw. Clearly you feel it's an issue that will persist but I'm confident it is not. Perhaps this is my happy-clapper nature overriding common sense but only time will tell. 

Archived