Butterfield

Philmycock

15 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

I still cannot get over the fact that fans were booing him in his appearance against county in pre season.

Best for him and the club if we move him on now, the fans here are toxic due to things that he had said when he left on loan to Sheff Wednesday. I for one can admit that we interpreted what he said incorrectly.

There is definitely a decent player in there, hopefully he can get cracking in the right system for a decent manager. 

Would probably be better for the club to move the toxic fans on.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/09/2018 at 17:37, Seaside Ram said:

But is this fact or just from a reliable source !!.????

From a reliable source, he's cack, zero passion, workrate or positivity. Watched him closely for minutes at a time and he has an uncanny knack for moving away from where the ball is about to be played. Honestly, one of the worst wagepickeruppers i've ever seen. You had our pants down with the loan agreement.  

5 minutes ago, garytheowl said:

From a reliable source, he's cack, zero passion, workrate or positivity. Watched him closely for minutes at a time and he has an uncanny knack for moving away from where the ball is about to be played. Honestly, one of the worst wagepickeruppers i've ever seen. You had our pants down with the loan agreement.  

From what I saw of his Wednesday career and the latter part of what was seemingly his Derby career he was being played in the wrong position most of tbe time. Yes he wasn’t great but if you constantly put an attacking CM player in a defensive CM role that he’s visibly not comfortable in then is it the managers fault or the players?

Just now, TuffLuff said:

From what I saw of his Wednesday career and the latter part of what was seemingly his Derby career he was being played in the wrong position most of tbe time. Yes he wasn’t great but if you constantly put an attacking CM player in a defensive CM role that he’s visibly not comfortable in then is it the managers fault or the players?

I guess if that's so you could compare Johnson & Butterfield?

38 minutes ago, garytheowl said:

I actually think you lot were quite patient and gave Butters a fair crack(from what my mates tell me).

I don’t think anyone would dispute his time at Wednesday was not very good.

1 minute ago, coneheadjohn said:

I actually think you lot were quite patient and gave Butters a fair crack(from what my mates tell me).

I don’t think anyone would dispute his time at Wednesday was not very good.

agreed, just a bit frustrated with what appears to be a waste of talent.  A bit of an enigma in that skills wise he is one of the best but appears to need to be made to feel wanted and important.  Not sure in a squad our size that he will receive the attention he desires.  I maybe completely wrong and he is actually pants but I don't think so

5 minutes ago, Spanish said:

agreed, just a bit frustrated with what appears to be a waste of talent.  A bit of an enigma in that skills wise he is one of the best but appears to need to be made to feel wanted and important.  Not sure in a squad our size that he will receive the attention he desires.  I maybe completely wrong and he is actually pants but I don't think so

I don’t think he’s pants either mate and he's certainly tried and who know's what's gone on behind the scenes.

I agree with @RoyMac5That he's not been a good signing,but I've never seen him not give 100% and I’m pretty sure he wanted his time with us to be a success.

Pre season v Mansfield when he came on he got a nice reception from the fans and we were really pleased that he got applause going to take a corner.

Wish him and his family all the best,hope his Mrs and little one are doing well,if he ever gets on the pitch for us again I will be willing him on to scream one in,probably not quite as much as I want George Thorne to scream one in from 25 yards.

It just hasn’t worked out.

On 12/09/2018 at 09:54, garytheowl said:

would that reliable sauce be HP

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 09:54, garytheowl said:

Quality post Gazza, but the key question posed in this thread is whether or not the player is taking the wee by not opting to go either in the transfer or loan windows, and not whether he's any good or not! Feel free to start a new thread entitled "JB......any good or not". But in the interests of fairness level the same question at Bryson, Johnson, Wisdom, Ledley, Bennet, Wilson, Keogh.......etc....etc.... 

Or better still feel free to go back to your own forum and level the same question at pretty much all of the current Wendies squad, cos for what bit I've seen of them you've got your own problems in that department!....................just saying!

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Newleaf said:

He is a good footballer and would have been useful off the bench at Bolton. 

The midfield was tosh 

That very midfield who’ve been brill Any the previous two games. 

Archived