Lewis Walker - Contract mutually terminated

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

The rumour when I was a lad was the spire would straighten when a virgin got married in that church. ?

I heard that too. And my observation that there were no virgins in Chesterfield didn't go . Down well, with the chessy people I was talking to. 

I agree looks like Jody and Wassall are reviewing our squad and being decisive and brutal about who will make the grade and who won’t. Hanson Guy Vernam Zanzala Walker all heralded as our next prospects have all left, obviously not good enough as Lowe Bogle Bennett and Thomas have all been involved and told they have big futures. Bird and Sibley are also being talked up. We want our academy to produce but we’re all too guilty of hyping up our youngsters because we’re eager to see homegrown talent when in reality in a lot of cases they just aren’t up to it (at this moment in time). They could always do a Vardy down the line but if that’s the case, probably need the rejection now to spur them on to fulfill any potential they might have.

32 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I agree looks like Jody and Wassall are reviewing our squad and being decisive and brutal about who will make the grade and who won’t. Hanson Guy Vernam Zanzala Walker all heralded as our next prospects have all left, obviously not good enough as Lowe Bogle Bennett and Thomas have all been involved and told they have big futures. Bird and Sibley are also being talked up. We want our academy to produce but we’re all too guilty of hyping up our youngsters because we’re eager to see homegrown talent when in reality in a lot of cases they just aren’t up to it (at this moment in time). They could always do a Vardy down the line but if that’s the case, probably need the rejection now to spur them on to fulfill any potential they might have.

Who knows? 

They may be good enough and prove themselves further down the line, and we've mismanaged them so far.

Anyone's guess really.

9 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Who knows? 

They may be good enough and prove themselves further down the line, and we've mismanaged them so far.

Anyone's guess really.

Some players think they’ve made it when they get a professional contract at a club take their foot off the gas and get a rude awakening. Need the setback to spur them on. Marriott is a case in point.

Who knows as you say

Got too assume that the cull within the academy is down to Jody’s influence. A few reality checks & home truths being told. Who’s to say with his academy experience, pedigree & contacts he hasn’t got a few kids with potential who he’s aware of that he wants to bring in. 

3 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Some players think they’ve made it when they get a professional contract at a club take their foot off the gas and get a rude awakening. Need the setback to spur them on. Marriott is a case in point.

Who knows as you say

That’s not what happened with Marriott.

On 31/08/2018 at 21:38, reveldevil said:

Who knows? 

Anyone's guess really.

I've always put the lack of development of players to date down to our previous staff failing somewhat. A little more optimistic now that players like Sibley will get a first class education. 

1 hour ago, Rample said:

I've always put the lack of development of players to date down to our previous staff failing somewhat. A little more optimistic now that players like Sibley will get a first class education. 

To be fair the likes of bogle-bennet=lowe etc been here before the new team albeit Franks given then first team experience BUT  thats not to say that wassel and his team arent doing a good job

On 31/08/2018 at 21:49, BramcoteRam84 said:

Who knows as you say

Oh really? The guy just arrives and he has not had the pre-season the rest of the guys have had and you can say this with what knowledge??????

I would suggest that it is unreasonable to expect every player in the academy to make the step up to the first team. Having Bogle, Lowe, Bennett, Bird and Thomas etc out of a select few is a pretty good return I would say.

Also if Jodie is wealding out what he perceives to be the weaker players, then great. Because if we can start to produce the kind of youth that Chelsea have produced then all the better.

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

Oh really? The guy just arrives and he has not had the pre-season the rest of the guys have had and you can say this with what knowledge??????

I would suggest that it is unreasonable to expect every player in the academy to make the step up to the first team. Having Bogle, Lowe, Bennett, Bird and Thomas etc out of a select few is a pretty good return I would say.

Also if Jodie is wealding out what he perceives to be the weaker players, then great. Because if we can start to produce the kind of youth that Chelsea have produced then all the better.

I might be wrong but I believe he was referring to Marriott’s release from Ipswich. McCarthy said when they played P’boro I think that he was released as he was so unfit it was a disgrace.

9 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

To be fair the likes of bogle-bennet=lowe etc been here before the new team albeit Franks given then first team experience BUT  thats not to say that wassel and his team arent doing a good job

Bogle is a once in a while talent, who also appeared at the right time, after an old right back retired. Tomori may well have been lined up for full back duties prior to Davies getting injured. 

Bennett and Lowe have been around the first team for 7 and 5 years respectively, and I think it's fair to say they should have developed much faster.

I think they have failed the likes Elsnik too, he should be at a more advanced level than a mediocre league 2 side.

1 hour ago, Rample said:

Bogle is a once in a while talent, who also appeared at the right time, after an old right back retired. Tomori may well have been lined up for full back duties prior to Davies getting injured. 

Bennett and Lowe have been around the first team for 7 and 5 years respectively, and I think it's fair to say they should have developed much faster.

I think they have failed the likes Elsnik too, he should be at a more advanced level than a mediocre league 2 side.

Personally I think Bird may be the diamond.

Seen him a few times and plays well beyond his age. If he improves every year he will be an incredible midfielder

4 hours ago, Rample said:

The step up to first team is the sole  pick of the Manager .So be glad we have now got a manager who recognizes the importance of the academy and not just plays lip service to as all the other managers recently seem to have done

Archived