Sign in to follow this  
Animal is a Ram

Lewis Walker - Contract mutually terminated

37 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

The rumour when I was a lad was the spire would straighten when a virgin got married in that church. 😮

A pearler. 👰

I could never see much promise with him, though only watched a few games on Rams TV. Despite a few goals. Hard to judge but it's no surprise to see him depart. With Vernam, Zanzala, Martin and Lewis off, it's a chance for someone to step up and we'll need them to if we're to stay in the league. 

So U23s without Elsnik, Guy, Walker, Babos, Bogle, Thomas, Vernam and Zanzala. Also without a senior keeper most games I’d have though....bold choice 

Edited by whiteroseram

13 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

So U23s without Elsnik, Guy, Walker, Babos, Bogle, Thomas, Vernam and Zanzala. Also without a senior keeper most games I’d have though....bold choice 

+ Lowe + Hanson + Martin!! 😕

Edited by Carnero
+ Stabana + Gordon (yikes!!!)

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

The rumour when I was a lad was the spire would straighten when a virgin got married in that church. 😮

I heard that too. And my observation that there were no virgins in Chesterfield didn't go . Down well, with the chessy people I was talking to. 

I agree looks like Jody and Wassall are reviewing our squad and being decisive and brutal about who will make the grade and who won’t. Hanson Guy Vernam Zanzala Walker all heralded as our next prospects have all left, obviously not good enough as Lowe Bogle Bennett and Thomas have all been involved and told they have big futures. Bird and Sibley are also being talked up. We want our academy to produce but we’re all too guilty of hyping up our youngsters because we’re eager to see homegrown talent when in reality in a lot of cases they just aren’t up to it (at this moment in time). They could always do a Vardy down the line but if that’s the case, probably need the rejection now to spur them on to fulfill any potential they might have.

32 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I agree looks like Jody and Wassall are reviewing our squad and being decisive and brutal about who will make the grade and who won’t. Hanson Guy Vernam Zanzala Walker all heralded as our next prospects have all left, obviously not good enough as Lowe Bogle Bennett and Thomas have all been involved and told they have big futures. Bird and Sibley are also being talked up. We want our academy to produce but we’re all too guilty of hyping up our youngsters because we’re eager to see homegrown talent when in reality in a lot of cases they just aren’t up to it (at this moment in time). They could always do a Vardy down the line but if that’s the case, probably need the rejection now to spur them on to fulfill any potential they might have.

Who knows? 

They may be good enough and prove themselves further down the line, and we've mismanaged them so far.

Anyone's guess really.

9 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Who knows? 

They may be good enough and prove themselves further down the line, and we've mismanaged them so far.

Anyone's guess really.

Some players think they’ve made it when they get a professional contract at a club take their foot off the gas and get a rude awakening. Need the setback to spur them on. Marriott is a case in point.

Who knows as you say

Got too assume that the cull within the academy is down to Jody’s influence. A few reality checks & home truths being told. Who’s to say with his academy experience, pedigree & contacts he hasn’t got a few kids with potential who he’s aware of that he wants to bring in. 

Edited by Gisby

5 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Has anybody ever had a good time in Chesterfield?

Obviously visited the wrong places. Or maybe Wednesday nights might have suited you better. 👬

Edited by ollycutts1982

3 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Some players think they’ve made it when they get a professional contract at a club take their foot off the gas and get a rude awakening. Need the setback to spur them on. Marriott is a case in point.

Who knows as you say

That’s not what happened with Marriott.