View from the outside 2018-2019

Derbados

On 26/10/2018 at 08:59, TigerTedd said:

Is there a danger we might end up doing what happened to Liverpool when they first got klopp: shooting out the traps with a high energy, high press, then run out of steam 3 quarters through the season (just in time for February)?

May as well have a go with all guns blazing. Weve tried other methods under various managers, but we are still in the championship....

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby looks like the PL side in this game so far, although Chelsea are playing with many of their main squad. 

Can you imagine Rowett having the balls to go toe-to-toe at Stamford Bridge? Me neither.

First time I've watched Derby properly. They hold a good solid 4-5-1 shape when the opposition have the ball in their half but as soon as th eopposition go back beyond the halfwayline it changes to a 4-3-3 and their pressing is pretty damn good when the opposition have the ball deep in their own half. Most of Derby's chances come from pressing and winning the ball - god knows where they get the energy from or if they can keep it up game after game.

They really do deserve a third, that said none of their defenders can mark if you just sit deep and counter against them I think it'd be a doddle. 

They look to have a good 11, mixture of pace and power. I’d worry about there squad over a long season if I was them. I’m quietly confident we will be above them come May.

Read more:  http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/283579/chelsea-Derby#ixzz5Vi7A5f1Y

In preparation for tomorrow, I've been scrolling through the Birmingham forum. Some funny comments, some just downright dillusional.

Apparently we are the Villa of the East Midlands...

https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2581817

Or for match predictions...

https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2581963

Particular favourite is this guy who doesn't seem to understand how football works:

"Didn't we wipe the floor with West Brom?
In the end we just didn't score more goals than them."

2 hours ago, Paese said:

In preparation for tomorrow, I've been scrolling through the Birmingham forum. Some funny comments, some just downright dillusional.

Apparently we are the Villa of the East Midlands...

https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2581817

Or for match predictions...

https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2581963

Particular favourite is this guy who doesn't seem to understand how football works:

"Didn't we wipe the floor with West Brom?
In the end we just didn't score more goals than them."

I think that’s very harsh, perhaps not when Clement was here and we based how good a team is based on how much we spent, similar to Villa. Now, I would say it’s more hope than expectation. 

Birmingham are a decent team, but we should be optimistic about beating a team in this league at home based on how well we’re visably playing, not because we’re a team full of superstars. 

Their forum was full of this clueless poo last season too from what I remember, not based on reality at all.

I see they've referenced the 2-2 from a few years back. tbf that one still stings, but only because they got a penalty from a perfect tackle by Ince and the ref played something like 8 and a half minutes after the board displayed 5. Absolutely the most shameful piece of refereeing I've bore witness to in person.

11 minutes ago, Matt H said:

Their forum was full of this clueless poo last season too from what I remember, not based on reality at all.

I see they've referenced the 2-2 from a few years back. tbf that one still stings, but only because they got a penalty from a perfect tackle by Ince and the ref played something like 8 and a half minutes after the board displayed 5.

Cut them some slack, after all they're Brummies and self delusion is their way of getting through life and coping with living in that city.

I always liked Brum fans thought they had been the best at Pride Park last few years but awful today, acted like they get home crowds in the 50 thousands, footballing side they didn’t offer anything after they scored! Can’t remember them even having a shot second half 

4 hours ago, johnnymw said:

I love this little exchange:

(Madrid)

don't be mad your logo is cute little sheep

That’s a Ram mate. ?

l

Wakerius

22 points · 2 days ago

A badass sheep.

Imogene1883

*tough manly little sheep

(Liverpool)

LokiAkai

1 point · 2 days ago

That will destroy every bone in your body and then poo on you as it moves on

On 23/10/2018 at 12:55, Carl Sagan said:

Love my stats and thought it was great! Just a bit too manic to reply...

Thanks!

I like stats.

But the fact a team can have 30% possession, fewer shots and little territory.... and win...means as @Paul71 summarised there is only one stat that really counts gir anything.

6 hours ago, johnnymw said:

This one made me laugh more than it should have - "If he ever comes to manage us and wins the league I’ll get his portrait tattooed on my ballsack" Followed by - "You don't have him on your balls already? ducking plastic"

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

This one made me laugh more than it should have - "If he ever comes to manage us and wins the league I’ll get his portrait tattooed on my ballsack" Followed by - "You don't have him on your balls already? ducking plastic"

Hmm not sure I’ll go for it if we go up.

Archived