v Hull City (A) Match Thread

Derby blood

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cam the Ram said:

The lad who fouled Nugent was on a yellow card already too, so he should have probably been sent off. We're winning, but that's 2 game changing decisions that have gone against us already inside 25 minutes 

Does the double-jeopardy rule prohibit cards in general when they go for the ball and concede a penalty, or only straight-reds? 

Hull should probably be down to 10 by the way, so another decision we can feel hard-done by from this game so far.

The defender who gave away the penalty was already on a yellow card. The challenge was a yellow card challenge, one of those where he'd have been booked if he wasn't already on a booking. Definitely got away with one there.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Does the double-jeopardy rule prohibit cards in general when they go for the ball and concede a penalty, or only straight-reds? 

Only straight reds, which are given as yellow if he attempted to win the ball. I don't think Nugent was clear through on goal though, but I'm almost certain he'd have booked him if he weren't already on a yellow 

Just now, SaintRam said:

It's only straight reds. If you're last man and make a challenge for the ball but give away a penalty then it's a yellow + penalty. Last man outside the box is usually a straight red and a free-kick, like Smith v Everton last week.

But the tackle in question wasn't whether he was last man or not. He slid it for the ball and didn't get there, bringing down his man who was slightly in front of him. Yellow card no matter where it is on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Only straight reds, which are given as yellow if he attempted to win the ball. I don't think Nugent was clear through on goal though, but I'm almost certain he'd have booked him if he weren't already on a yellow 

Really winds me up. Same as bookings for time wasting. For me it doesn’t matter if it’s the 1st or 91st minute. If it’s a booking it’s a booking, already on a yellow or not. 

Was listening to talk sport the other day and they mentioned that referees this season are seemingly bottling out of any controversial decisions as they know VAR Is coming in next season to save them from criticism.

can totally see it, it’s like they’ve all given up, the standard of refereeing in this league is atrocious 

1 minute ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Does that not just apply to keepers??

Officially its anyone.

I thought it was just for straight-reds but thought I'd ask the question. Ref has clearly bottled that decision.

It almost always effects keepers though, because they almost never bring someone down without going for the ball. Outfield players are more likely to just trip someone cynically when their the last man, and in that situation they'd still get red cards. 

Just now, ollycutts1982 said:

Really winds me up. Same as bookings for time wasting. For me it doesn’t matter if it’s the 1st or 91st minute. If it’s a booking it’s a booking, already on a yellow or not. 

Yeah and that came just a few minutes after he seemingly changed his mind on awarding Waghorn a penalty. We should hopefully still go on to beat these, but if we don't we can quite rightly be p*ssed off with those 2 decisions early on

Archived