Crazy Keogh hating

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, unclej said:

We were taught not to ball watch (and not to pass across the face of your own box) playing for Crich Cubs, which means those actual lessons were acted upon by ten year olds.  Keoghs lack of discipline seems to have grown even beyond his triumphs of the past.  He behaves like someone with a very, very low IQ and yet has only been dropped once in 5 years. Something very strange is going on.

I'm not a great fan of Keogh's abilities, but what gives you the right to question his intelligence?

Seems some post just for a good long argument, sigh!

On 10/01/2019 at 15:28, KCG said:

I'm not a great fan of Keogh's abilities, but what gives you the right to question his intelligence?

I've watched him during his Coventry and Derby days and listened to him talk and watched his interviews while at Derby. 

1 minute ago, unclej said:

I've watched him during his Coventry and Derby days and listened to him talk and watched his interviews while at Derby. 

I've read most of the criticisms of Keogh on here and listened to some of the post-match comments on Radio Derby - in my opinion, many idiotic, some quite bizarre but have always taken the view that it was just a different perception of a player. To question his intelligence when you've most likely never met him says more about the individual making the accusation than it does about the guy who's given over 6 years good service to OUR club. Embarassing for you and shameful!

How can anybody question him hes a average championship player all of our defence not good enough wisdom is awful keogh too many mistakes in him he would be better right backor defensive mid, tomori lets the ball bounce too often qnd lowe cant pass a ball 10 yards awful!

3 minutes ago, Matt H said:

He's the figurehead of our defence, 500+ career appearances and our captain of 6 years., but couldn't organise the proverbial piss up.

But he's constantly tasked with doing just that.

A young player playing next to him stands no chance, and we've been playing 2-3.

And we’ve got him for another two years whilst we go through a transitional period 

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

I've read most of the criticisms of Keogh on here and listened to some of the post-match comments on Radio Derby - in my opinion, many idiotic, some quite bizarre but have always taken the view that it was just a different perception of a player. To question his intelligence when you've most likely never met him says more about the individual making the accusation than it does about the guy who's given over 6 years good service to OUR club. Embarassing for you and shameful!

He's an excellent defender at this level. Don't need to say more.

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's an excellent defender at this level. Don't need to say more.

Hes excellent when everything going well when he makes 1 mistake he flaps and then he makes mistakes every game for about 15 games. So average championship cb you look at leeds defenders and they are twice the players keogh is! even look at wigans defence their defence is better then ours 

30 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Actually one player tonight who did ok, lots of blocks and tackles and the goals not his fault 

Bent and Andrews reckoned that Keogh should have done more for Leeds' 2nd goal.  They must be Keogh haters and wrong too I guess.

By the way. The first Wisdom penno that wasn't due to the offside that wasn't either. Have a look at Keogh turning his back on the ball and missing the header on the halfway line in the run up to it.    

'...did ok...' ?  

needs to go, more like

Actually think keogh was one of the worst culprits tonight for randomly hoofing instead of sticking to our principles. Defence wasn’t his fault, but he was playing like a poo Alex Pearce on the ball. Keep it on the deck ffs! A wise man once said if god wanted us to play in the sky, he’d have put grass up there. So how’s about we try and play football? 

1 hour ago, ChrisKeogh said:

Bent and Andrews reckoned that Keogh should have done more for Leeds' 2nd goal.  They must be Keogh haters and wrong too I guess.

By the way. The first Wisdom penno that wasn't due to the offside that wasn't either. Have a look at Keogh turning his back on the ball and missing the header on the halfway line in the run up to it.    

'...did ok...' ?  

needs to go, more like

Think your needle's stuck or the record's broken

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Actually think keogh was one of the worst culprits tonight for randomly hoofing instead of sticking to our principles. Defence wasn’t his fault, but he was playing like a poo Alex Pearce on the ball. Keep it on the deck ffs! A wise man once said if god wanted us to play in the sky, he’d have put grass up there. So how’s about we try and play football? 

I think our principles went out the window when Evans, Bryson and Mount decided they didn’t want to show for the ball. I appreciate Leeds pressed very well and made it hard but those three didn’t work hard enough when we were in possession IMO. 

Tough night for RK. Definitely could have done better for their second, just switched off completely. Distribution was poor but I’m not going to dig him out for that when the majority of our attacking players were no better. A couple of times in the second half Keogh’s dribbled the ball from our backline, through our midfield and attempted to play one two’s with Marriott. That just sums this team up at the moment. 

It’s too easy to say stop hoofing but when there’s no easy out ball on what should we expect a CB to do? Need a shake up in midfield. Carrying players at the moment, we need someone to take some responsibility off of Keogh and co. Most of all we just need someone to calm poo down. 

22 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

I have met Keogh and talked to him a few times before and after games and I find him a very intelligent and thoughtful man. 

I sometimes think if anything he over thinks the game. Sometimes it's best just to play to your instincts but he's had a big task this season shepherding his less than experienced back line. Couple that with the fact it has been chopped and changed all season, there's no wonder the defence as a whole is looking so shaky at times. 

Archived