Crazy Keogh hating

2 minutes ago, Ovine_Interferer said:

Maybe they think there's no better option right now?

No better option for how many years in a row? I don't buy that. We've been using Keogh for about 6 years, you're saying no better centre half was on the market in that time? The player fans pined for Jason Shackell wasn't even half the player Keogh has been for us.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

No better option for how many years in a row? I don't buy that. We've been using Keogh for about 6 years, you're saying no better centre half was on the market in that time? The player fans pined for Jason Shackell wasn't even half the player Keogh has been for us.

Neither do I.

Either RK is a genius in training and keeps convincing everyone he's Igor reincarnated or we just can't seem to make the decision to offload a guy who has, let's face it, been a wonderful servant to the club but has enormous defensive limitations.

I'm sorry RK, but you're a genuine, hardworking professional whose level isn't quite up to what we honestly need.  IMHO, of course.  Lots will disagree with me but just my two pen'orth.

2 minutes ago, Ovine_Interferer said:

Neither do I.

Either RK is a genius in training and keeps convincing everyone he's Igor reincarnated or we just can't seem to make the decision to offload a guy who has, let's face it, been a wonderful servant to the club but has enormous defensive limitations.

I'm sorry RK, but you're a genuine, hardworking professional whose level isn't quite up to what we honestly need.  IMHO, of course.  Lots will disagree with me but just my two pen'orth.

Can you honestly say Keogh is worse than our other defenders? He's better in the air than Tomori is, and our fullbacks aren't capable of helping the CB's by stopping a cross. Then with a midfield of Mount, Wilson and Evans/Huddlestone we effectively have 1 midfielder with any ability to cover for them. Keogh isn't exactly having his job made easy for him, neither is Tomori for that matter.

57 minutes ago, Xlor said:

There's a reason why theirs so many fans/pundits saying the same thing. He just simply isn't good enough. 

There's a reason so many managers continue to pick him and why so many fans say the same thing, he just simply isn't the problem to our defense. 

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

There's a reason so many managers continue to pick him and why so many fans say the same thing, he just simply isn't the problem to our defense. 

There's also a reason we've not progressed and all these said managers have failed and got the sack. If you're happy with a bang average centre half I'll leave you with it. I prefer to watch footballers that can play football.

19 minutes ago, angieram said:

They were obviously scraping the barrel for pundits on New Year's Day! 

Dean Ashton - to save anyone else having to click on the link to this non-story.

People shouldn't need Dean Ashton to tell them anything about a player they will have seen more in 6 months than Ashton has in his life. 

It goes for any pundit. Being a 'pundit' doesn't give your opinion any more credibility. Sticking some fake tan on, whitening your teeth, chucking mix and match suit while working an IPad doesn't give you more insight into the mysterious world of kicking a football. 

"He has 30 years in the game". Well with 30 years playing and 5 years putting laser effects on Rooney's movement I would think he's qualified to manage Valencia, Monaco, Oxford United, Newcastle and whatever other clubs these mahogany tacticians have had a go at. 

For example you Angie, if I can't get to a match then your reports are always near identical to the game I will see on RamsTV the next day. Yet it's nothing like the game that former Watford and Derby midfielder Craig Ramage describes. 

You know what they say about opinions. 

And who gives a feck what Dean Ashton thinks. You can see the same things he can. He was just better at kicking than you. There's nothing he knows that you can't learn by watching a lot of football. It's not rocket science. 

I mean wasn't Roy Keane a superb organiser on the pitch? A great leader. He's a pundit. Everything was there for him to be better than that PE teacher Mourinho.

Just now, Xlor said:

There's also a reason we've not progressed and all these said managers have failed and got the sack. If you're happy with a bang average centre half I'll leave you with it. I prefer to watch footballers that can play football.

When he arrived we had just finished 12th. I think we might have progressed.

With Keogh in the team ee have broken records for consecutive clean sheets, consecutive clean sheets at home, continually have one of the best defences in the league. But yeah, we did despite him being a bang average centre half.

You prefer to watch footballers that can play football, so go ahead tell me who we are going to get to replace him? 

4 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Okay, if Keogh is so bang average, name a realistic signing that we could make to improve on Keogh? Seeing as Tomori, Shackell, Pearce, Albentosa, Shotton, Whitbread, Buxton were all worse than Keogh. So who are these magical centre halves in the Championship better than him? And better yet, if you prefer footballers that can ''play football'' good luck finding a Championship centre half as comfortable on the ball as Keogh is.

13 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Name me a better centre-half who we could realistically sign whose skill set caters for a team that keeps a high-line and plays from the back 

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Okay, if Keogh is so bang average, name a realistic signing that we could make to improve on Keogh? Seeing as Tomori, Shackell, Pearce, Albentosa, Shotton, Whitbread, Buxton were all worse than Keogh. So who are these magical centre halves in the Championship better than him? And better yet, if you prefer footballers that can ''play football'' good luck finding a Championship centre half as comfortable on the ball as Keogh is.

The only one who was better was Michael Keane and even then he had a shocker against Leicester

1 minute ago, cannable said:

The only one who was better was Michael Keane and even then he had a shocker against Leicester

Michael Keane is the better player, but he was nothing impressive at Derby during the time he was here, I'd compare it to when we signed Lingard and Ince, Ince looked the better player for us, but if you look at it now Lingard is clearly better.

19 minutes ago, Xlor said:

I prefer to read posts that aren't complete and utter tripe, but I won't hold it against you.

1 hour ago, Xlor said:

There's a reason why theirs so many fans/pundits saying the same thing. He just simply isn't good enough. 

35 minutes ago, Xlor said:

21 minutes ago, cannable said:

Name me a better centre-half who we could realistically sign whose skill set caters for a team that keeps a high-line and plays from the back 

He can't I've asked but apparently he's seen better ones at Alfreton Town . He's also got coaching badges so must be a top expert on these things.

52 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Of course. I get it now. Keogh is solely responsible for all our failed promotion attempts. But of course he can't take any credit for us getting into the play offs so many times. 

Archived