• Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Kuskus said:

This would be a good squad for the season:

Carson,Malone,Davies,Tomori,Wisdom,Evans,Mount,Bryson,Lawrence,Wilson,Marriott

Bench:Roos,Lowe,CB(NEW),Huddlestone,Holmes,Jozefzoon,Waghorn

Reserves:Mitchell,Bogle,CB (NEW),Elsnik,Bennett,Thomas

What's Keogh going to be doing?

9 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I don't think it's harsh....you can see the similar style of play but done with less finesse,similar speed and less ability to use his strength to hold off a defender/go down under pressure and get a free kick.

A slightly pointless purchase to my mind.

Yes Waghorn’s first touch on yesterday’s offering didn’t look nothing like CMs. But I will hold judgment. 

Based on what we have seen so far I think we ought to be a little bit cautious with some of the loans we may be considering sending out 

Forsyth- yes he has moved down the pecking order but it looks like lowe needs to move and get actual experience of playing and Forsyth provides good cover at left back with malone the likely starter from now on

Thorne - needs games but we may need him as ledley looks completely lost in what we are trying to do 

Martin - if fit we know he can play in this system and waghorn showed nothing new but may well be more useful to us playing from a wider position 

lampard may well have not seen enough of those three in real games to consider it but we may already have improvements with us currently 

Who ever we send out on loan, we should look at each player individually. If they are to be moved on because they don't figure in FL's plans, then let them go on a season loan. If they are possibly a player looking to get back up to speed with match fitness, then make the loan deal shorter or have a clause in the contract that we can call them back.

10 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

Yes Waghorn’s first touch on yesterday’s offering didn’t look nothing like CMs. But I will hold judgment. 

How gracious. After all, he’s had a whole game to prove himself, hasn’t he? ?

On 09/08/2018 at 07:43, EnigmaRam said:

The players in bold can all go for me as I don’t see them in the starting 18 at any point.

any good offer for Hudds or Ledley and is let them go also.

still think we need another CM

I agree with that. However, shifting these players from their comfort zone and mega wages isn't going to be straight forward. 

There is a group of available players and FL has zero to do with them on a day to day basis. They train alone with an academy fitness coach apparently. Doesn’t take rocket science to work out who the players are, as a handful have mysteriously disappeared from all matchday squads, all photos and videos and have been replaced by incoming players in their positions.

It isn’t something that sits nicely with me personally, to think we are ostracising players like that in some desperate attempt to force them out. So the sooner we actually get takers for them the better because I doubt it’s helping build a positive, all inclusive atmosphere at Moor Farm either. 

24 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

There is a group of available players and FL has zero to do with them on a day to day basis. They train alone with an academy fitness coach apparently. Doesn’t take rocket science to work out who the players are, as a handful have mysteriously disappeared from all matchday squads, all photos and videos and have been replaced by incoming players in their positions.

It isn’t something that sits nicely with me personally, to think we are ostracising players like that in some desperate attempt to force them out. So the sooner we actually get takers for them the better because I doubt it’s helping build a positive, all inclusive atmosphere at Moor Farm either. 

The thing is though if they are surplus then what they meant to do. This has been needed for awhile and they aren’t going to get in the first team so they can’t realky train with them. 

Harsh but the message will hit home to move on for first team football.

33 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Is that Jerome, Butterfield, Anya, Blackman (if he hasn't gone to Gijon yet), Forsyth, Martin and Thorne  ?

Plus any youngsters who don't get mentioned?

14 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

The thing is though if they are surplus then what they meant to do. This has been needed for awhile and they aren’t going to get in the first team so they can’t realky train with them. 

Harsh but the message will hit home to move on for first team football.

Very harsh. 

But yes I do get the reasoning. 

If your not involved with the first team squad and are not likely to be joining it for the foreseeable future what is Manager is suppose to do.

You can't work with everyone, a group of nearly 35 to 40 players is far to excessive. 

I think Frank been quite reasonable and fair before embarking on signing new players. Most of the existing squad were access to and  a chance In preseason games. Some took it, others did not.

The outcome is the situation we have now which will in time be resolved with either the the un-required leaving on loan, having their contracts paid up or leaving at end of the season.

That's just how football this.  

27 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Is that Jerome, Butterfield, Anya, Blackman (if he hasn't gone to Gijon yet), Forsyth, Martin and Thorne  ?

Plus any youngsters who don't get mentioned?

23 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I would guess so. 

Forsyth was on the bench on Saturday (despite bringing in Malone) so I'd be surprised if he's included in the group that's been banished, unless it was a last-minute thing. 

You can see the reasoning to try to push players to find other clubs (in the modern game players and agents call so many of the shots) but it must lead to a very difficult and negative atmosphere at Moor Farm. It would have been so much better to move players out before such a large influx of fresh blood, but FL must have decided the fresh blood was needed and perhaps the players were too comfortable and weren't going anywhere. 

We have to hope that we see outgoings soon so the unwanted players move on.

12 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Forsyth was on the bench on Saturday (despite bringing in Malone) so I'd be surprised if he's included in the group that's been banished, unless it was a last-minute thing. 

You can see the reasoning to try to push players to find other clubs (in the modern game players and agents call so many of the shots) but it must lead to a very difficult and negative atmosphere at Moor Farm. It would have been so much better to move players out before such a large influx of fresh blood, but FL must have decided the fresh blood was needed and perhaps the players were too comfortable and weren't going anywhere. 

We have to hope that we see outgoings soon so the unwanted players move on.

pleased to hear about Fozzie - hes had a tough time a bit like George who I still carry hope for (although that looks less likely as time goes by).

I'm guessing we've been trying to shift as best we can but you're right - the power is not with the clubs in this kind of situation. Lets hope that they are all sorted soon so that it does not become toxic. Not all of the "exiles" have contracts that expire at the end of 2018/2019 do they? Imagine what it might be like for the last one out of the door! 

Archived