Mason Bennett

Derbylad92

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

The cross was better than the finish in my eyes... Unbelievable!

I said it in the other thread, but you won't see many crosses of that quality outside of the Champions League. 

If he can do that every game he'll have at least 46 assists ? 

Unlikely though, of course. He's not known for his crossing. I suspect that, in his mind, that was a hail mary. Truly fabulous. 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Seriously, it was a good cross, but it was a great header.

We were crying out for a bit of quality like that in the box though so I think it’s a bit of relief too. It was a great team move all round, something we haven’t seen in a little while i dare say.

4 minutes ago, tombomb said:

Has to start ahead of Nugent. 

Agreedish, but please let's try young Jack ahead of both and better yet let's get Tammy Abraham. 

I am willing to bet that Mason hasn't sent many of those across, or Tom scored a better header ever.

Absolutely fantastic, no wonder chaos ensued.

At least it must be very clear, what FL needs to change for the Leeds game after that 1st half!

I’d written him off tbf, but this preseason and into reading he’s looked a new player. That cross was of the highest quality, and he looks to have an awareness about him that he didn’t before. Wonder if it’s to do with him playing upfront, always thought that’s his best position over the wing tbh. Would definately stay as competition imo.

I'm really pleased for Mason. He has had some terrible luck with injuries every single time he's looked like kicking on. Many on here have said that he's not good enough but has anyone really seen him? Since making his debut under Clough as a 15 year old many have used his low number of appearances against him without looking at the facts. Every manager since has given him an opportunity but every single time he has picked up another injury. Even Rowett gave him a start last year after bigging him up (although with Rowett's record with youth he probably saw that Mason had made his debut 6 years earlier, assumed that he couldn't possibly have played before he was about 24 and so calculated that he was actually 30). Every manager has seen something. Every manager has given him a chance. A couple of loans where he hasn't pulled up any trees have been used as a stick to beat him with. I don't know if he is good enough to finally break into the squad permanently, but I do hope for Mason's sake that this time it won't be because of injuries.

Archived