Mason Bennett

Derbylad92

hi all

Great to see Mason doing his stuff.  There's something special about Academy players breaking into the matchday squad, it gives you a great feeling as a fan I think.  Also noticeable last night that Our Max was probably the most assured and least flappy of the back 4.  If Tom H had been fit enough to play then that would have been 3 Academy players on the pitch at the final whistle.  Let's hope there are more to come, and props to FL for just judging by what he sees.

COYR!

Can't wait for an improved performance against the Dirties next weekend.

LR2

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DesertRam said:

I am willing to bet that Mason hasn't sent many of those across, or Tom scored a better header ever.

Absolutely fantastic, no wonder chaos ensued.

At least it must be very clear, what FL needs to change for the Leeds game after that 1st half!

In my opinion (which counts for nothing because I know nothing about football, as has been said frequently), a decent defensive midfield player who can give the centre-backs an option instead of just passing the ball to each other and risking being caught in possession, who has the ability to make space and who has a range of passing that is second to none in the Championship would have helped to avoid that first-half indecision.

Unfortunately, Tom Huddlestone was injured.

17 minutes ago, eddie said:

In my opinion (which counts for nothing because I know nothing about football, as has been said frequently), a decent defensive midfield player who can give the centre-backs an option instead of just passing the ball to each other and risking being caught in possession, who has the ability to make space and who has a range of passing that is second to none in the Championship would have helped to avoid that first-half indecision.

Unfortunately, Tom Huddlestone was injured.

You're right, but if there had been a bit more positional discipline from Ledley we'd also have seen an improvement - seemed he'd taken the fluid midfield idea to heart and spent large parts of the game miles from the centre-halves - with the full-backs also pushing on, we ended up with Keogh and Davies either having to pass between themselves and Carson or else choosing to hoof the ball or try a high risk pass (which in Keogh's case, failed a number of times)

37 minutes ago, Hector was the best said:

I really like Mason who has had some bad luck with injury's. My only concern is his height, how tall his he ? Wille Carlin was small but he didn't lead the line.

Is he the same height as Marriot?

Pleased for Mason and he did change the game when he came on,however we have a 5M pound player sat in the stands to play that role and if he is up to the fitness FL requires he as to start.

Another thought to be thrown in to the mix the  only shirt number which is still available between 1 and 11 is the number 9 shirt,watch this space 

41 minutes ago, Hector was the best said:

I really like Mason who has had some bad luck with injury's. My only concern is his height, how tall his he ? Wille Carlin was small but he didn't lead the line.

At 1.8m he's taller than Lineker, Greaves, Owen or Messi.

Happy for Mason, one swallow doesn't make a summer but there will be none happier than me if I am proven wrong on his long term projects in this division.

4 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Another thought to be thrown in to the mix the  only shirt number which is still available between 1 and 11 is the number 9 shirt,watch this space 

Very good point, more substance to this thought than any tweet from Nixon

47 minutes ago, Hector was the best said:

The best two centre forwards I have ever seen in my life were Gerd Muller and Jimmy Greaves.

Bennett is taller than both.

8 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Pleased for Mason and he did change the game when he came on,however we have a 5M pound player sat in the stands to play that role and if he is up to the fitness FL requires he as to start.

Isn’t the number 5 also available?

Archived