Officially the most hated team in Nottingham

Day

It’s official - Derby County are the most hated team in Nottingham a new study has confirmed. 

A survey run by the Post’s sister titles asked fans of each club whether they love, hate or are indifferent to each current Championship side apart from their own

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/its-official-derby-county-most-1833722.amp?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar&__twitter_impression=true

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good. The feeling’s mutual.

Love our rivalry with Forest. Makes so many other ones seem tame in comparison. My dad moved to Norfolk as a teen and he went to Carrow Road a lot - says then Old Farm Derby doesn’t even come close to our’s. I know neutrals who’ve attended the games and been blown away.

Never understood people who want them to go bust/be relegated. I feel they only say that to try and prove to others that they definitely hate them. Personally, I wouldn’t swap one of the biggest days of the season for a midweek game with Scunthorpe.

Hope we’re promoted with them one day so we get to beat them in front of a proper audience. Should be a top flight fixture.

33 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I don't get it if 95% of fans in Nottingham hate Derby then how then can 85% of the same fans also hate Leeds did I miss out on how percentages were calculated when I was at school ?

Yeah I think you must have missed a few crucial lessons. What's not to get?

For example 60% of people in Nottingham have 11 fingers. 90% of people in Nottingham don't brush their teeth. 55% of people in Nottingham don't have jobs.

Lots of people in Nottingham have rotten teeth, no job AND 11 fingers.

These %'s don't have to add up to 100.

3 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Never understood people who want them to go bust/be relegated. I feel they only say that to try and prove to others that they definitely hate them. Personally, I wouldn’t swap one of the biggest days of the season for a midweek game with Scunthorpe.

yeah i want them to scrape 20th/21st every season too

35 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I don't get it if 95% of fans in Nottingham hate Derby then how then can 85% of the same fans also hate Leeds did I miss out on how percentages were calculated when I was at school ?

Because the question asked was: “whether they love, hate or are indifferent to each current Championship side apart from their own” so 3 options per club! Gettit ?

3 hours ago, Duracell said:

Good. The feeling’s mutual.

Love our rivalry with Forest. Makes so many other ones seem tame in comparison. My dad moved to Norfolk as a teen and he went to Carrow Road a lot - says then Old Farm Derby doesn’t even come close to our’s. I know neutrals who’ve attended the games and been blown away.

Hope we’re promoted with them one day so we get to beat them in front of a proper audience. Should be a top flight fixture.

I’d like to see the same one day. Must be great for Manchester fans (that occasionally even come from Manchester) when their derby comes along and it is often a top 2 clash with real stakes other than local pride. 

Having said that, I just can’t bring myself to wish a good season upon them. I can’t see a situation where they’d be promoted and I’d be happy about it. 

Maybe this season, if we can run away with the title and keep a clear 20 or gap between us and them, and they scrape into 6th with loads of really boring 1-0 wins and 0-0 draws. I can see them being really proud about a 20 game unbeaten run, but we can point out that they’ve scored a grand total of 12 goals during that run. Then they win promotion through the play offs in a Huddersfield-esque, penalties all the way stylee. I’d probably be reasonably happy with that scenario. I can see lots of piss taking to be had there. 

Archived