least funny 'comedian'

dog

Lots of modern comedians aren't funny. 

And Lenny Henry stopped being funny @1978 

I like that that little scottish chap- kevin bridges. i can't tell a word he's saying, but i'm sure its very good.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Oh, and one more to put on the pile of awful - Reeves and Mortimer. Funny for a couple of years but now reduced to saying random babblings in the vain attempt they will hit some sort of comedic bullseye.

This. Shooting Stars was good back in the day but Vic Reeves has got so far up his own arse that he could perform his own tonsillectomy. Bob Mortimer I quite like to be fair. His fishing series (fishing is not my bag either) with Paul Whitehouse has been quite entertaining for various reasons. That's worth a watch if you haven't seen it. As for the answer to the thread title, my missus says I win that by a country mile.

5 hours ago, ossieram said:

Any comedian that uses their act to preach politically correct crap. Russell Howard and that hairy freak Russell Brand really piss me off.

I’m no fan of Russell Brand, but he’s stuff about addiction etc is very good

11 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

I’m no fan of Russell Brand, but he’s stuff about addiction etc is very good

Really? Most irritating unfunny bloke to ever get on telly, Miranda is the female equivalent,, how the hell she ever got on telly is beyond me ,

vic Reeves is totally unfunny but bob Mortimer is just naturally funny 

Mcintyre is one that I just don’t find funny in the slightest either

Really struggle with female comedians...'Mrs Merton' was brilliant...and Royle Family too, so Caroline is a big exception.

After that? Ab Fab...Dinner Ladies, Milligan, Sue n Mel, Jo Brand...all bloody terrible.

Russell Howard- what an annoying unfunny right-on bore he is.

Mrs Brown's Boys..rubbish!

13 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Really struggle with female comedians...'Mrs Merton' was brilliant...and Royle Family too, so Caroline is a big exception.

After that? Ab Fab...Dinner Ladies, Milligan, Sue n Mel, Jo Brand...all bloody terrible.

Russell Howard- what an annoying unfunny right-on bore he is.

Mrs Brown's Boys..rubbish!

Hated Ab Fab and Miranda but loved Dinnerladies.

Mel and Sue are presenters not comedians and do it well.

I agree that Mrs Brown's Boys is the biggest pile of crud though.

This was not as difficult a read as I was expecting. I'm impressed. A few of you are objectively wrong but on the most part this is an acceptable list of opinions.

On 21/07/2018 at 14:19, Anon said:

I've seen lots of comedians and most are excellent. One of the few times I've regretted paying the price of the ticket is Marcus Brigstocke. What a patronising, condescending bore! To add some context to that statement, Stewart Lee is one of my favourite comedians, so when I complain about Brigstocke being up his own arse understand that I normally have a very high tolerance level for that kind of thing.

This can be concisely explained: Stewart Lee is a character, Marcus Brigstocke is not.

4 hours ago, archied said:

Really? Most irritating unfunny bloke to ever get on telly, Miranda is the female equivalent,, how the hell she ever got on telly is beyond me ,

vic Reeves is totally unfunny but bob Mortimer is just naturally funny 

Mcintyre is one that I just don’t find funny in the slightest either

I mean the serious side of him..... 

44 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

The irony of this thread. 

A lot of these being mentioned are in fact funny, just not to your sense of humour.

Hence why a lot of people go and see them, enjoy themselves and laugh.

So tell us why you think certain people are wrong. Comedy, like most forms of entertainment, is subjective, but simply saying other people enjoy something, therefore it must have some merit isn't really a good argument. If that were true we couldn't criticise anything. Lots of people got to watch Forest, enjoy themselves and laugh, that doesn't mean they're a good football team.

10 minutes ago, Anon said:

So tell us why you think certain people are wrong. Comedy, like most forms of entertainment, is subjective, but simply saying other people enjoy something, therefore it must have some merit isn't really a good argument. If that were true we couldn't criticise anything. Lots of people got to watch Forest, enjoy themselves and laugh, that doesn't mean they're a good football team.

No it means Forest are also good comedians.

Archived