Tenerife

Poynton ram

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Do you think he's a Frankie type midfielder then?

Not a question that anyone can answer yet having never managed a game, we’re still playing guessing games on formation to know the attributes needed in each position. 

Obviously as a footballer on the pitch they were/are completely different midfielders, but will Lampard only be looking to play midfielders that remind him of himself during his playing days?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I always thought Huddlestone to be a player from a different era and by that I mean he would have been the perfect 1970’s ball playing sweeper especially in international football- I am not sure that’s possible anymore but I suppose that in essence that should be a defensive midfielder 

2 hours ago, David said:

Not a question that anyone can answer yet having never managed a game, we’re still playing guessing games on formation to know the attributes needed in each position. 

Obviously as a footballer on the pitch they were/are completely different midfielders, but will Lampard only be looking to play midfielders that remind him of himself during his playing days?

I've heard that he's going to make the entire team wear Frank Lampard masks to scare the opposition. 

4 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I've heard that he's going to make the entire team wear Frank Lampard masks to scare the opposition. 

Apart from any that have been called fat on this forum, the last thing he needs is people mentioning fat Frank.

I have to agree Hudz has definitely lost a few pounds and did look sharp on the training pitch. Whilst I am not saying he is a direct comparison Pirlo was never the fastest nor the leanest but he was one hell of a footballer even well into his thirties and like Hudz could spray a pass about

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

As folks have said, impossible to say in regards to his managerial ideas

But as a player, Lampard is on record as saying he hated having to play without a defensive playmaker sat behind him. So based on that being the only evidence we have up to now, probably. 

On 05/07/2018 at 16:19, David said:

So what was the "fascinating insight"?

Now I'm no expert coach,  but I reckon a reasonably intelligent layman could surmise that. .....

.....the players would try hard and it would be hard work

....not all training sessions are alike

.....it's a bit hotter in the afternoon 

Well no s** sherlock ?

I can see things starting to happen when they're back in terms or both in & outs. I would imagine and hope that the Vydra situation is sorted this week which more than likely see incomings start to happen. Also i'd expect Lampard may have made his mind up fully on who he may want out the door having been with them all week.

I cant see players we're interested in missing too many more games with their clubs either, the likes of Marriott, Maddison & Jozefzoon have all missed games which isnt good for them when thats what preseason is for.

Archived