Tenerife

Poynton ram

Clearly Vydra and Martin are being transferred out. I don’t blame FL for being economic with the actualite...I trust that FL has replacements coming in. It’s football business and the same at all clubs; we are no different. Let a new era begin and let’s not pre-judge things. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wassall has confirmed Elsnik, Bogle and Thomas are in Tenerife. Good to see.

Not sure about Lampard's comments re: Vydra and Martin, although no deal seems imminent for either it looks like BS, just tell the truth man.

I totally agree with regards to Martin.

he got a great move to fulham when we decided we wanted pace. Then we begged him to come back and messed it up for him. Only to then decide we didn't want him again. What must he have thought watching fulham go from strength to strength?

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I totally agree with regards to Martin.

he got a great move to fulham when we decided we wanted pace. Then we begged him to come back and messed it up for him. Only to then decide we didn't want him again. What must he have thought watching fulham go from strength to strength?

I've always been a fan of Martins' but if he'd stayed at Fulham I doubt very much he would have had the same impact last season that Mitrovic had.

6 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I've always been a fan of Martins' but if he'd stayed at Fulham I doubt very much he would have had the same impact last season that Mitrovic had.

You can't know that, and he certainly might have taken them up the season before when he was scoring lots, if DCFC hadn't screwed with him.

anyone I’ve missed on a 25 strong list of ‘players in Teneriffe’ 

Carson, Roos, Mitchell

Wisdom, Forsyth, Bogle, Lowe (Ollson injured)

Davies, Keogh, Pearce

Huddlestone, Thorne, Johnson, Hanson, Elsnik, Bryson, Butterfield, Ledley, Anya

Jerome, Nugent, Lawrence, Blackman, Thomas, Weimann, (no Vydra, Martin)

3 hours ago, singaporeram said:

Carson, Roos, Mitchell

Davies, Keogh, Pearce

Bennett not Weimann

Thanks - knew I’d miss someone - though maybe Callum Guy would have also thought he would be there after his success at Bradford City

Even with the question marks over Vydra, Weimann and Martin, add in Jay D’Silva and Tammy Abraham and it feels like we’re still open to a couple more leaving. 

12 minutes ago, singaporeram said:

Thanks - knew I’d miss someone - though maybe Callum Guy would have also thought he would be there after his success at Bradford City

Even with the question marks over Vydra, Weimann and Martin, add in Jay D’Silva and Tammy Abraham and it feels like we’re still open to a couple more leaving. 

Definitely... we need to reduce those midfield numbers as we have 9 central midfielders (including Guy) for a maximum 3 spots. We also need to add some athleticism to midfield!

Callum Guy is training with the U23s, to me that would suggest he is not in Lampard’s immediate plans with other youngsters out there in Tenerife now. Zanzala is also with the U23s.

1 hour ago, David said:

Callum Guy is training with the U23s, to me that would suggest he is not in Lampard’s immediate plans with other youngsters out there in Tenerife now. Zanzala is also with the U23s.

I hope Guy gets his chance this season, we keep crying out for energy in midfield, younger legs, an engine...Callum Guy could go someway to providing that.

5 hours ago, singaporeram said:

Carson, Roos, Mitchell

Davies, Keogh, Pearce

Is Roos still here? Surprised we've given him a new deal. 

Obvious thing looking at that is how unbalanced our squad is. You could lose maybe 4 of the midfielders without replacing them.

Still 5 or 6 bits of deadwood to move out.

We're lacking real quality up front without Vydra and Martin. Blackman is in a very strong position to make an impact at the moment. The only striker there who is mid 20s, the rest are still looking to break through or in the closing stage of their careers.

4 minutes ago, Rample said:

Is Roos still here? Surprised we've given him a new deal. 

Obvious thing looking at that is how unbalanced our squad is. You could lose maybe 4 of the midfielders without replacing them.

Still 5 or 6 bits of deadwood to move out.

We're lacking real quality up front without Vydra and Martin. Blackman is in a very strong position to make an impact at the moment. The only striker there who is mid 20s, the rest are still looking to break through or in the closing stage of their careers.

Roos is a good keeper. Most of his failings are things that benefit hugely from experience. His 'natural' talents are all very good. Agility and distribution etc. It's claiming and commanding that he's a bit iffy with. Can leave him in no-mans land on set pieces now and again. True of most good young keepers, though.

Bit of a toss-up which one will end up better out of him and Mitchell. Mitchell edges it right now, for me. 

You're right on the other points though. Still plenty of deadwood.

1 hour ago, David said:

Guy has only just come back from injury, which may have had an impact on decision to take him or not. 

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Guy has only just come back from injury, which may have had an impact on decision to take him or not. 

Maybe, but if he’s fit enough to train with the academy, should be alright to train with the first team. 

My guess will be another loan, same with Zanzala

I believe youth loans can still be organised outside of the window? Could be wrong. But likely the season will start before they go out, if possible. Which could effect plans. You never know what'll happen in games.

Half the first team could have their legs broken against Reading.

Archived