Best ever atmosphere at an away game you attended

Bob The Badger

I've been at some amazing games away from home where the atmosphere was rocking.

I can remember going to Sheffield United with @Eatonram for a great day out when Phil Gee scored one of his typical break away goals and the entire 9,000 Rams fans in the Bramall Lane end went mental. I also happened to get punched through the passenger window later on as we queued to get out, but it didn't ruin a great day.

Then again with @Eatonram I was at the game where Frannie scored *that goal*. Henry Newton also scored a blinder that day. 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely the 10 man Forest game.

Got soaked by beer in the bar at Notts County, got soaked by rain crossing the bridge 

Fielding got sent off as we were a soggy mess. Ward scored and the stand rocked so hard we were bone dry for half time.

And when we hit the winner... Fair play to those who had the vocals to keep going but my throat was destroyed and I doubt the bloke next to me would hear if it was just me and him. 

No knob head Green Street wannabes. Just loud, proud and united. It was even better than the 5-0. Brighton semi final comes close though. 

Quite intimidating walk back to the car park but there was no chance that stupid grin was getting wiped off any Rams fans face. 

Watching the A-Block was great too. They all wanted to fight when Fielding was leaving the pitch. After Hendrick scored you couldn't get eye contact with a single one of them. 

Posh when we lost 3-0.

Barnsley when we took 20k.

Donny Rovers in the Mac 1 season.

10 men.

Stoke in the League cup, Duke Ellington last minute penalty.

Bristol City fancy dress game in about 2008.

West Brom FA Cup 3rd round.

Cardiff when we lost 4-1 I think at the "height" of Nigel Clough away game ambition and we took about 200 fans.

Non-Derby related and Lazio take it by a country mile, although Bruges at Copenhagen were surprisingly good.

22 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Posh when we lost 3-0.

Barnsley when we took 20k.

Donny Rovers in the Mac 1 season.

10 men.

Stoke in the League cup, Duke Ellington last minute penalty.

Bristol City fancy dress game in about 2008.

West Brom FA Cup 3rd round.

Cardiff when we lost 4-1 I think at the "height" of Nigel Clough away game ambition and we took about 200 fans.

Non-Derby related and Lazio take it by a country mile, although Bruges at Copenhagen were surprisingly good.

PMSL, we have never taken 20k to Barnsley mate!!!

Not even 10k.

Not even 8K

I do remember flying home for a game the year we got promoted when we maybe took about 5K though.

23 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Posh when we lost 3-0.

I think everyone was pished that day. Every song seemed loud and funny.

That was the day I first met Froggg. Enjoyed myself nonetheless.

Good subject Bob, and it was good for you to take one for the team with a smack in the gob after the Sheff U game. Although I didnt go myself I seem to remember you talking of the legendary Plymouth away FA Cup quarter final game in 86?

The Sunderland away game in Promotion year of 87 sticks out, a bit intimidating but the very loud singing of "where's the famous Roker Roar" I seem to remember pissed off the Mackhams.

Leeds away in late 2006 when Giles Barnes scored was also loud and proud and always great to stuff the Dirties

Burnley away in Easter 1975 I think we won 5 - 1 and swung the title our way, large turn out and quite a lot of scrapping that we stayed well clear of in the seats.

All the obvious ones have been mentioned so for me;

Hull away midweek in Feb 2013, 250 odd of us having a right old time. Lost to a last minute goal if I remember rightly but I remember Wardy's smashed cross to an oncoming Bryson much, much more. One of the coldest games I've been to. "Sammon ruined Christmas" got a rendition after numerous donkey-like moments. 

Weird how you remember games like that. 

29 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

PMSL, we have never taken 20k to Barnsley mate!!!

Not even 10k.

Not even 8K

I do remember flying home for a game the year we got promoted when we maybe took about 5K though.

Yeah I know but the number seems to get bigger every year in terms of how many actually went. I remember it being quoted as nearly 6k at the time and then now it seems to be accepted that we took 7k minimum.

Archived