Bob The Badger

Best ever atmosphere at an away game you attended

I've been at some amazing games away from home where the atmosphere was rocking.

I can remember going to Sheffield United with @Eatonram for a great day out when Phil Gee scored one of his typical break away goals and the entire 9,000 Rams fans in the Bramall Lane end went mental. I also happened to get punched through the passenger window later on as we queued to get out, but it didn't ruin a great day.

Then again with @Eatonram I was at the game where Frannie scored *that goal*. Henry Newton also scored a blinder that day. 

I was in with the Chelsea fans at Bramall Lane early 90’s and it was insanity(not the workout).

When they start the’One man went to mow a meadow’...well it’s pretty mental.

Definitely the 10 man Forest game.

Got soaked by beer in the bar at Notts County, got soaked by rain crossing the bridge 

Fielding got sent off as we were a soggy mess. Ward scored and the stand rocked so hard we were bone dry for half time.

And when we hit the winner... Fair play to those who had the vocals to keep going but my throat was destroyed and I doubt the bloke next to me would hear if it was just me and him. 

No knob head Green Street wannabes. Just loud, proud and united. It was even better than the 5-0. Brighton semi final comes close though. 

Quite intimidating walk back to the car park but there was no chance that stupid grin was getting wiped off any Rams fans face. 

Watching the A-Block was great too. They all wanted to fight when Fielding was leaving the pitch. After Hendrick scored you couldn't get eye contact with a single one of them. 

Posted (edited)

Posh when we lost 3-0.

Barnsley when we took 20k.

Donny Rovers in the Mac 1 season.

10 men.

Stoke in the League cup, Duke Ellington last minute penalty.

Bristol City fancy dress game in about 2008.

West Brom FA Cup 3rd round.

Cardiff when we lost 4-1 I think at the "height" of Nigel Clough away game ambition and we took about 200 fans.

Non-Derby related and Lazio take it by a country mile, although Bruges at Copenhagen were surprisingly good.

Edited by JoetheRam

22 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Posh when we lost 3-0.

Barnsley when we took 20k.

Donny Rovers in the Mac 1 season.

10 men.

Stoke in the League cup, Duke Ellington last minute penalty.

Bristol City fancy dress game in about 2008.

West Brom FA Cup 3rd round.

Cardiff when we lost 4-1 I think at the "height" of Nigel Clough away game ambition and we took about 200 fans.

Non-Derby related and Lazio take it by a country mile, although Bruges at Copenhagen were surprisingly good.

PMSL, we have never taken 20k to Barnsley mate!!!

Not even 10k.

Not even 8K

I do remember flying home for a game the year we got promoted when we maybe took about 5K though.

23 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Posh when we lost 3-0.

I think everyone was pished that day. Every song seemed loud and funny.

That was the day I first met Froggg. Enjoyed myself nonetheless.

Hull away play offs a couple of seasons back, by far the loudest, constant noise in recent years. WBA Cup was good too. Fulham away any year for sheer numbers from 11 am in Covent Garden 

Blackburn away, play-off semi was just the best, noisy, terrace experience......for half an hour!

That Sheff Utd away match was awesome too, I agree.

Still gutted I didn’t go to Plymouth away.

18 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Yeh I wished I was there, that may just shut this debate down!

Don’t worry, I missed the 2-3 game, I was late getting back from working away.

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.